Samantha vs. Jeannie

Which woman do you like the best: Samantha or Jeannie?

• Samantha on "Bewitched"

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Jeannie on "I Dream of Jeannie"

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • I like both of them.

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • I don't like either one of them.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never watched these TV shows before!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Nancy

Reaction score
Growing up, I used to watch "Bewitched" and "I Dream of Jeannie" every afternoon after I come home from school while I eat my supper. :) I noticed that there are some similarities about the two shows and some of differences also. :)
My favorite of the two is, of course, "Bewitched" because I have a first memory of this show when I was only 3 or 4 years old in 1973 or 1974. I remember vacationing with my family in Miami during this time at a motel, and I was watching "Bewitched" on TV..remembering the cartoon opening! <smile> I used to say "Oh my stars!" a lot when I was younger, and where we used to live, we had a nosy neighbor who we called "Mrs. Kravitz" behind her back! *laughs* I also saw the "Bewitched" movie at the theaters that just came out this year, remember? <smile>
Anyway, here's my take on the two shows -- let's see if you can agree:

Samantha:
1. Calls Darrin "sweetheart", or "darling".
2. Uses her magic to help Darrin or other people -- also to get rid of bad people (one guy crossed the line with the Stephens and Darrin told her it's ok to use the magic on this bad guy). I never have noticed Sam using her magic in anger (directly at anyone), but she did carry suitcases in an "invisible state" to separate from Darrin out of the house once.
3. To make things happen, she uses her fingers or wiggles her nose.
4. The nosy person in the show was Mrs. Kravitz. Mr. Abner Kravitz didn't believe her.
5. The person who Darrin dislike was Endora, Sam's mother who played pranks alot.

Jeannie:
1. Calls Tony "master" (after she married him, she called him Anthony)
2. Uses her magic to sometimes help Tony or Roger (his best friend) -- sometimes she uses her magic to get even with Tony and Roger because she got angry.
3. To make things happen, she folds her hands over in front of her chest, blinks and nods (looks kind of embarrassing in public, huh?) To make it more discreet, she just blinks and nods.
4. The nosy person in the show was Dr. Bellows, the psychologist. The Chief didn't believe him.
5. The person who Tony dislike was Jeannie's sister (I forgot her name on the show) who played pranks alot.

A lot of similiarities, right? :) Well, there's more....I once read that some of the sets or props on "I Dream of Jeannie" was on "Bewitched"! :) Here's proof: http://www.harpiesbizarre.com/crossoverprops.htm

I like Bewitched better because I love to watch family include children and neighbor. :)

I Dream of Jeannie was okay. I am not crazy about the Military - Air Force. I have an autograph Barbara Egens on the postcard somewhere in the attic. She wrote me a letter that she was very glad - I admired her actress in the TV show.

I miss Elizabeth Montgomery. She died of colon cancer. :cry:

her website is http://www.bewitched.net/

I've always liked I Dream of Jennie better. I haven't seen that show in a very long time. I wouldn't be surprised if they made a movie for this show. ;)

I watched both of them.... I Dream of Jeannie come on reunion few times in the past. I am not happy about Bewitched movie with Nick and Will in it. I would rent it and see myself. I wonder if I dream of jeannie would have movie one day ?

Not long time ago, I gave into temptation and bought Bewitched season 1 on DVD. My rationale was I should watch it and see why it was popular as I had never seen it with CC on TV. And it turned out I really liked Bewitched! Can't wait to get every season on DVD. :D

I noticed that many actors on Bewitched didn't live long soon after the show was disbanded..

I have yet to watch I dream of Jeannie in CC. But I think I'll take Bewitched over Jeannie anyday.

MizzDeaf said:
I watched both of them.... I Dream of Jeannie come on reunion few times in the past. I am not happy about Bewitched movie with Nick and Will in it. I would rent it and see myself. I wonder if I dream of jeannie would have movie one day ?

There was a made for tv movie of I dream of Jeannie made in the 90 If I remember right Barbara Eden was the only original cast memeber .

I liked both...about time to put CC on these series on TVLand channel!

I used been crush on Jeannie many years ago...you might know what I mean. :P :fly3: :rofl:

Back