Salma Hayek Breastfeeds an African Baby

Wow!!! Me> speechless!! :|

oh my god I am surpried really that is really how can explain to you baby, give donated that is really.

Here's the YouTube video of Salma Hayek and the transcript of herself talking as well. Her breasts are covered with a cloth.

[yt]kM7kKJ1NbQA[/yt]

Transcript:

'Am I being disloyal to my child by giving my milk away? I actually think my baby would be very proud to be able to share her milk.

'When she grows up, I will make sure she continues to share and be a caring and generous person.'

Wetnursing, or cross-feeding, was common practice at the beginning before the Second World War until the introduction of artificial milk.

Miss Hayek said that she had been inspired by a story of her great-grandmother.

She said: 'My great-grandmother was in a Mexican village and they found a woman in the street who was inconsolably crying and the baby was also crying.

'My great-grandmother asked what the matter was and the mother said, 'She is very, very hungry and I have no more milk'.

'And in the street, my great-grandmother breastfed that baby who instantly stopped crying and went peacefully to sleep. I was really impressed by that story.'

I think it is great that Salma breastfed the baby and shared her breast milk. I just wonder if the baby that Salma breastfed would get emotionally attached to her instead of the natural mother?

I think it's awesome of her to do that. It would also be great if she could also donate a large supply of baby formula to the babies in Africa who are starving. I do not think Salma is being disloyal to her own child...there is nothing wrong with sharing breast milk with another baby.

*smh*

Something is not right about this......

I think it is noble of her to do that but what is the baby's health like???

What do you mean, something is not right about this? Please elaborate.

I don't think it matters what the baby's health is like...feeding the baby will at least relieve the baby of his hunger for a little while. I do not know how long she is feeding the baby for, but as long as the baby is being fed, the baby is not going to feel the pains of hunger and that is a good thing. No baby should have to feel the pains of hunger, regardless of health.

i concede with bottsini, about the suggestion of donating lots ( i mean lots since she's rich, and prolly could round up some donation scheme from rich hollywood stars to contribute) of milk/liquid food formulas nutriments for babies - i know its not 'natural' but its still a darn good deed to supply a more long-lasting means to feed.

I agree with Bottesini. This smacks of a publicity stunt more than a humanitarian gesture. I doubt Angelina Jolie would have done that. It would have been better if Salma had donated money or brought a large supply of baby formula, God knows she can afford it-her new hubby is a billionaire. But no, she had to breast-feed another woman's child on camera to show how "caring" she is.

Simply giving an infant a few ounces of one's own breast milk does not a humanitarian make.

and you guys who use this thread to make crude jokes about Salma's breasts...

GROW UP! :roll:

How do you know if the baby isn't HIV positive? Would you still whip out your breasts for it to suck on?

:roll: I'm not the one feeding the baby. Salma is. And it is her choice to feed the baby whether it is HIV positive or not...her problem, not mine. Her body, not mine. Besides, she could always have a breast pump sent to her from the USA if she needed one.

Back