Salad

Liebling:-)))

Sussi *7.7.86 - 18.6.09*
Premium Member
Reaction score
The summer comes soon... That´s time we start to fix the salads..

Come to share your receipes with us... :ily:

Sausage & Pasta salad

225g (8oz) pasta shapes or noodles, cooked
225g (80z) bierschinken, cut into strips
210g can pfifferling or mushrooms, sliced
100g (4oz) celeriac, cooked & cut into pieces
1 red pepper, seeded & cut into strips
4 tablespoons mayonnaise
2 teaspoon creamed horseradish
1 teaspoon mustard

Mix the pasta, sausage, pfifferlinge or mushroom, cerleriac, gherkins & red pepper in a large bowl. Mix all the dressing ingredients in another bowl & pour over the salad. Toss well & serve…

You can add ham, cold chicken, cold roast meats, anything what you taste if you don’t have bierschinken in your country.

sounds good Liebling! :thumb:

i usually just go for the traditional salads -- ceasar and etc *shrugs* i just love the croutons!!!! :lol:

I am a BIG salad eater!!!

I am writing down all your salad recipes.. I have been eating salad with grilled chicken or honey mustard chicken on my salad toppings.

Sometime I use french fries on top of my salad and use Ranch dressing... Yummy....

Tuna salad

Tuna salad

300g pasta shapes or noodles, cooked
1 can tuna (free from oil or water)
1 can mixed vegetable (free from fluid)
5 tablespoons mayonnaise
clives/parsley...
any spices to taste...

Normal Salad and Ceaser Salad.

I love eating Potato Salad and Cole Slaw.

Potato Salad...
4 or 5 potatoes to chopped square of pieces.
Boiling the potatoes til cooked then drain out the hot water.
Put potatoes into the fridge storage for 2 hours until potatoes become cold enough no hot!
2 or 3 dill onions chopped slices put into the potato salad
Eggs must be boiled until hard egg then put into drain, let cold water turn on running until egg become cold enough then chopped the eggs put into the potato salad.
Your favorite of Whip... (I use mayonnise or Miracle Whip) put into the potato salad..
Let's mix it.. until taste one potatoe and to make sure taste right..
When done, Put into the Fridge and to have potato salad to overnight.
Next day, Ready to serve... *yummy tasty so good*

Cole Slaw- Never homemade, I used to buy the store.. ((chuckles)) I'm too lazy. One day I would try homemade Cole Slaw. :)

Taco Salad

1 pound lean ground beef
1 ounce) package taco seasoning mix
1 head iceburg lettuce- rinsed, dried and shredded
1 onion, chopped
1 green bell pepper, chopped
3 cups shredded Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend
2 tomatoes, chopped
4 ounces crushed tortilla chips
1/4 cup French dressing

Place hamburger in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown and drain. Add taco seasoning mix and prepare as directed by package. Set aside to cool.

In a large bowl, combine the lettuce, onions, bell pepper, cheese, beef, tomatoes and tortilla chips. Add enough dressing to coat, mix well and refrigerate overnight.

My son loves to put sour cream on the top of that salad. I am going to make that salad over the weekend. Yummy!

My favorite: Strawberry Spinach Salad *yummy* :bowdown:

INGREDIENTS:
2 bunches spinach, rinsed and torn
4 cups sliced strawberries
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon paprika
2 tbsp. sesame seeds
1 tbsp. poppy seeds

DIRECTIONS:

In a large bowl, toss together the spinach and strawberries. In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, sugar, paprika, sesame seeds, and poppy seeds. Pour over the spinach and strawberries, and toss to coat.

I love Chef's salad! I like just about everything in it..lettuce, spinach,cherry tomatoes,slices of red onion, green/red peppers,boiled eggs, shredded cheeses like mozzarella and cheddar, chicken bits and pour my fav dressing, Ranch..I also love strawberry, kiwi, raspberry salad with whipped topping. I also love smoothies mixed with these fruit too.........*droolin*

FDA Alert: Salad Mixes

On May 21st, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a consumer alert regarding parasitic infections caused by pre-mixed salads containing basil and mesclun. The warning comes in response to two isolated outbreaks of food poisoning at restaurants in Illinois and Texas.

The source and scope of the infection is still unknown. However, consumers are advised to report symptoms of salad-related food poisoning to their physicians or local health departments. The illness is caused by the Cyclospora parasite, which infects the small intestine causing diarrhea, loss of appetite, stomach cramps, nausea, vomiting, and substantial weight loss. Symptoms typically develop within one week of consuming contaminated food and the infection can be treated with antibiotics. :ugh:

If you suspect you may have been exposed to Cyclospora-contaminated food, consult with your physician immediately.

Sabrina said:
On May 21st, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) issued a consumer alert regarding parasitic infections caused by pre-mixed salads containing basil and mesclun. The warning comes in response to two isolated outbreaks of food poisoning at restaurants in Illinois and Texas.

The source and scope of the infection is still unknown. However, consumers are advised to report symptoms of salad-related food poisoning to their physicians or local health departments. The illness is caused by the Cyclospora parasite, which infects the small intestine causing diarrhea, loss of appetite, stomach cramps, nausea, vomiting, and substantial weight loss. Symptoms typically develop within one week of consuming contaminated food and the infection can be treated with antibiotics. :ugh:

If you suspect you may have been exposed to Cyclospora-contaminated food, consult with your physician immediately.
Oh...you talking about those salads in bags that is already cut up and all?
If so, i buy those sometimes and i never had any problems with them..maybe it will help if we wash those before eating them??

Back