S.S.D.I payments faces 19% cuts in 2016. How will you prepare?

Theyd still get their drug money.

* Hey meet me at XXXX, give me the stuff, Ill get you in the door and walla !

Im sure they'd get past that too... it never fails ( even illegals and the dead are voting now )
I'm not following your scenario.

If everyone that shows up at the soup kitchen gets a serving of food to eat, where does the drug money come into play? The food is free for everyone who shows up.

If everyone that shows up at the soup kitchen gets a serving of food to eat, where does the drug money come into play? The food is free for everyone who shows up.

Yep, same thing as if someone ask for money and I'll tell them that I'll buy them food somewhere but no cash.

I don't see how they can sell those food for cash. If they are able, then person buying those food from them aren't too bright if you ask me.

I was stating if they had to go to the kitchen to eat in place of getting ebt/stamps... their only way of foods. They would sill sell their shares.

I was stating if they had to go to the kitchen to eat in place of getting ebt/stamps... their only way of foods. They would sill sell their shares.
:confused: To whom would they sell it? Everyone present gets the meal for free.

:confused: To whom would they sell it? Everyone present gets the meal for free.

Possibly to people who want extra servings? I don't know the rules of soup kitchens or how many servings you are "allowed" at one sitting but theoretically there could be people who want more ( and may be willing to pay for it) or want to get more to take home with them.

Reba, the Kitchens I know of, you get a voucher for how ever many is in the family, you present the voucher and get a meal, they will sell those rather than eat or feed the family for drug money.

I know some people who will pay 40 or $50 cash to people and go to the store with them to get $100 in groeceries on the EBT card.... so they are a little brighter ( get more for less ) see where that went SecretBlend.... there is a lot of people who do that. Some may not do it for drugs but most do, others use it for repairs or emergencies.... its sad when they spend their cash on drugs and need food or sell their food for other reasons

and have you seen they got away from the coupon book to the EBT card, and still people are buying drugs with it..... theres ways around everything.
its abuse of the system 100%

Let me say this, even if they stopped issuing the cards and people had to go directly to the government to get their food in a package, they would still get drugs right outside the door. How, they will sell those groceries that their friends want and get the drugs as usual, except they have to do a little more leg work to get them.... it will never end.

right now they sell $100 worth of food/stamps for $50... just to make it attractive...

The welfare fraud only happen small number of cases but if it was widespread, food stamps and welfare will be gone in long time ago.

Maybe we need to go back to the days of the soup kitchen. If you wanted to eat, you had to show up where the cooked food was being served and eat it on site.

What about anyone don't have car and live outside of public transportation? The environment today is different from early 20th Century that where most people lived in cities and covered with public transportation.

Theyd still get their drug money.

* Hey meet me at XXXX, give me the stuff, Ill get you in the door and walla !

Im sure they'd get past that too... it never fails ( even illegals and the dead are voting now )

The vote fraud happens in very small number and there is no source to prove that vote fraud is widespread.

The welfare fraud only happen small number of cases but if it was widespread, food stamps and welfare will be gone in long time ago.

What about anyone don't have car and live outside of public transportation? The environment today is different from early 20th Century that where most people lived in cities and covered with public transportation.

The vote fraud happens in very small number and there is no source to prove that vote fraud is widespread.

everything is widespread....called corruption. And its very real, just hard to track down each individual who does it because theres no trace of the purchased items where they went ( if taken home and consumed or given away ) so its VERY real

This thread have nothing to do with welfare, tanf, whatever that "anyone" can apply, this is about ssdi where only disabled person with working history and paid taxes and got some back as part of benefit for paying taxes in the first place.

everything is widespread....called corruption. And its very real, just hard to track down each individual who does it because theres no trace of the purchased items where they went ( if taken home and consumed or given away ) so its VERY real

Oh well, that's your opinion and nothing to back up the data about widespread - only in your mind.

There is news for you - every, every government in ALL countries are corruption, not limited to US and there is no such as perfect government, but in some cases, they are doing good job.

This thread have nothing to do with welfare, tanf, whatever that "anyone" can apply, this is about ssdi where only disabled person with working history and paid taxes and got some back as part of benefit for paying taxes in the first place.

Yes, let sticking with topic.

If anyone want discuss about welfare so create a new thread in debate section.

Oh well, that's your opinion and nothing to back up the data about widespread - only in your mind.

There is news for you - every, every government in ALL countries are corruption, not limited to US and there is no such as perfect government, but in some cases, they are doing good job.
Wake up Foxy, its not new to me.
And if it is in every city and every county, every state.... possibly every country... if thats not widespread, then what is? Wake up man, quit smokin.

Wake up Foxy, its not new to me.
And if it is in every city and every county, every state.... possibly every country... if thats not widespread, then what is? Wake up man, quit smokin.

Wake up, Sono, I'm not smoker. :lol:

The welfare fraud and vote fraud aren't widespread - they only happen with small cases. I'm not going assume that everyone committed fraud and I have seen many of them are struggling with their life.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Welfare_fraud

This thread is about SSDI, not welfare.

http://www.frbsf.org/economic-research/files/explaining-disability-growth.pdf

I read one of article from somewhere and they said SSDI medical review liberalized in 80s to allow anyone with back problem to apply for SSDI.

I believe that raise the retirement age could make SSDI caseload more larger because some people cannot work anymore before retirement age due to disabilities or medical issues.

I found one.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_Security_Disability_Benefits_Reform_Act_of_1984

Reba, the Kitchens I know of, you get a voucher for how ever many is in the family, you present the voucher and get a meal, they will sell those rather than eat or feed the family for drug money.

I know some people who will pay 40 or $50 cash to people and go to the store with them to get $100 in groeceries on the EBT card.... so they are a little brighter ( get more for less ) see where that went SecretBlend.... there is a lot of people who do that. Some may not do it for drugs but most do, others use it for repairs or emergencies.... its sad when they spend their cash on drugs and need food or sell their food for other reasons
Oh, OK. I'm only familiar with the free soup kitchens where people just line up and get fed. Who is issuing the vouchers and why? Why do they have to sell them--can't the voucher buyers just get their own vouchers for free? Sorry, this is confusing to me. :lol:

. . .
In our area, all the homeless, people in shelters or subsidized housing are in areas that are either downtown and/or on a bus line. The only exception are the rural poor and island poor but any kind of kitchens wouldn't be convenient for them.

In our area, all the homeless, people in shelters or subsidized housing are in areas that are either downtown and/or on a bus line. The only exception are the rural poor and island poor but any kind of kitchens wouldn't be convenient for them.

Isn't food stamp usually for low income families who aren't homeless and they got housing?

Most cheaper housings are outside of public transportation zone nowadays.

Isn't food stamp usually for low income families who aren't homeless and they got housing?

Most cheaper housings are outside of public transportation zone nowadays.
I included subsidized (low income) housing.

Around here the buses run in most low income areas except for rural.

Back