Rodents

Clairol

Reaction score
I obviously love those beasts. Who else does?

I have a hamster but I used to have 7 pet rats. :)

My darling Mr. Gerbil died 6 months ago. Miss that furry little beast.

have three rats, love the girls to pieces!! this is my baby sumiko
2011-08-22_19-28-50_710.jpg

Wow, sequoias, 7 rats! That would be cool! But you always get to find owners for the babies... unless they were all same-sex?

I'm sorry sallylou for your loss of Mr. Gerbil :( One of my gerbils died last winter and I'm still sad when I think about her. RIP Arcane.

ash345, Sumiko is very cute!

Here are the pics of my two rats: Ganesh (the black and white) and Agloolik (meaning "Snow's Spirit" in Inuktituk).

Attachments

• Ganesh.jpg
    Ganesh.jpg
    34.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Gloogloo.JPG
    Gloogloo.JPG
    46.6 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
I also have a photo of the rats together! They're such a cute couple ^^

Here's also my gerbil Kasumi. My other gervil, Esther.... is my avatar! :lol:

Attachments

• HNI_0032.JPG
    HNI_0032.JPG
    45.4 KB · Views: 6
  • HNI_0021.JPG
    HNI_0021.JPG
    44.4 KB · Views: 5
Wirelessly posted (droid)

Not a rat fan. Love gerbils and hamsters. I have a cat and two dogs so I don't have a rodent at the moment. Gerbils are my favorite. Are. Guinea pigs rodents? They're nice, too.

Last edited:
I love all rodents...

Had 4 different gerbils.
Had 2 Syrian hamsters.
Love mice and rats.
Going to work with the rats in lab. Breeding moms and then giving the babies fetal alcohol syndrome to observe them.

I love all rodents...

Had 4 different gerbils.
Had 2 Syrian hamsters.
Love mice and rats.
Going to work with the rats in lab. Breeding moms and then giving the babies fetal alcohol syndrome to observe them.

I love langomorphs even more though - I've bred/raised rabbits for 11 years. Won shows and been to shows in four different states.

I would lie I said that this does not shock me. But I know that research on fetal alcohol syndrome needs to be done one way or another... I guess I'm becoming sensitive because I feel like my rats are my children ^^

My co-workers get creeped out by rats, but not me. Call me weird, but I like them. :lol:

Yes, I thought I would have more of an issue with it than I do. But honestly, I see animals as having uses. Some rats are pets. Others are for research. I raise rabbits, some for show, some for pets, and yes, some for meat. I've learned to distance myself. I will not name an animal who is for research or meat, I separate them in my head. I don't know if that made any sense...but I keep my love for certain animals and understand others need to be used to for other purposes.

Wirelessly posted (droid)

Rodents are used in research because they reproduce quickly and researchers can breed knock out mice. I'm not fond of animal based research but it's yielding very important information. It's an animal lover's dilemma.

I Notice it on rats seems on look like mouse :lol:

pretty almost hamster

Wow, sequoias, 7 rats! That would be cool! But you always get to find owners for the babies... unless they were all same-sex?

6 of them were females and one was a male in separate cage. I never breed them. I just don't want to be cruel, you know what I mean. The male one was named Pete, he was a big capped (the black/grey on his head with white crest on between his eyes.

I had a dwarf, dumbo, siamese, irish, etc. I want to get a dumbo with different color, siamese, etc. I would like to have 2 or 3 someday when we have a good place to live.

I have two guinea pigs, and I am anti animal testing. I just got the second one a few days ago. He is a sheltie.

my Patches is literally a pig in my blanket.

Attachments

• pib.jpg
    pib.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 3
Back