Robots/machines to build houses in 5-10 years!

Let me say to those who are rich and can afford a custom built(or any) house by humans, good for you. Many of us are on a budget and a machine made house fits our budget. Look at cars, most of them are made by machines and no one is complaining. The high end cars are built by humans and can cost over $100,000. The cheaper cars cost around $20,000 thanks to machines.

We will be seeing the same with houses. Machine built houses will be costing in the $50,000 to $100,000 range(including land) while high end man made houses will cost $250,000 to over a million. Older houses(before 2020) will fetch a premium over machine built houses. Yes some jobs will be lost but I don't feel sorry for the illegals. Americans don't want those jobs anyway, that's why the illegals take those jobs.

My friend who built his house did not have a single illegal. :cool2:

And think about this:
The jobs that are lost are the high paying people, which are LEGAL. So in theory, this would promote more hiring of the illegals.
Think about it.

uh... I can build a very comfortable house for $5,000. simple - just buy a shipping container.

containerhome.jpg
We have multi stacked shipping containers as single bedroom units for Australian National University under construction at the moment.

We have multi stacked shipping containers as single bedroom units for Australian National University under construction at the moment.

there you go, deafdude1. PROBLEM SOLVED!

Speaking of what - There's shipping containers houses in Steamboat Springs, Colorado that goes for $600,000+

Speaking of what - There's shipping containers houses in Steamboat Springs, Colorado that goes for $600,000+
Yeah, always an excuse to use shipping containers to build houses

Such as that $600,000 - like this

11-21-08shipping1.jpg

That doesn't look very comfortable...looks way too small.

you'd be surprised. however if you want more space, you can simply attach another one together and hire a welder to take the wall out

Yeah... those shipping containers make me want to go out and by a piece of land. LOL

Then invest in solar panels...

plenty of projects like that. link

:P I know... I grew up in an oil town for 7 years.

If there's not enough houses, and too many workers looking for a place to live-- they bring in those prefab shipping containers in.

The unfortunate problem is that they don't prepare those containers for the winters, so those camps become ghostowns.

:P I know... I grew up in an oil town for 7 years.

If there's not enough houses, and too many workers looking for a place to live-- they bring in those prefab shipping containers in.

The unfortunate problem is that they don't prepare those containers for the winters, so those camps become ghostowns.

excellent! move in then. free housing! just gotta spend few extra bucks to fix it up.

I also have done a lot of insulating foam work for firetrucks. We did one for Edmonton that they said worked great. Only 2 inches of insulation. Wouldn't take up space of the containers too bad.

This shit works.

I also have done a lot of insulating foam work for firetrucks. We did one for Edmonton that they said worked great. Only 2 inches of insulation. Wouldn't take up space of the containers too bad.

This shit works.

I was thinking of using the insulation made of newspaper.

Back