Rion Waterproof HAs

evil_queen_lisa

Reaction score
Hey all,
I'm just curious if anyone has ever seen a Rion Waterproof BTE? I've heard of kids wearing them swimming, but i would like to know if anyone has ever actually done it. I used to LOVE to swim, but I don't go anymore because I don't enjoy it without the communication aspect (I cant see without my glasses either). Also, can any audie program them? I'm very curious about getting one to wear swimming.
*EQL*

I've never even heard of them. Huh, I just may have to do some research later.

Lisa, it just so happens that I have some Rion hearing aids to give away. Someone donated them and I just haven't got around to handing them out. I do not think an audi can program them. I would also get your own ear molds or open fit ear bud. They push out a bunch of sound though thats for sure. Email me and let me know if you would like one or 2? I have to look to see how many i actually have.

I wouldn't mind the waterproof one for pools for my unimplanted ear. I'll have to wear something for profound deaf.

Lisa, it just so happens that I have some Rion hearing aids to give away. Someone donated them and I just haven't got around to handing them out. I do not think an audi can program them. I would also get your own ear molds or open fit ear bud. They push out a bunch of sound though thats for sure. Email me and let me know if you would like one or 2? I have to look to see how many i actually have.

I actually have 7.. But the model number is HB-53

Hey :wave:, I would be interested in a few for my kids who loves to swim!!! Let me know how I could get them if you are still giving them away.

Oh my gosh, do you really have these? I have been looking for something waterproof for what seems like forever. I would be super interested if we could find a way to arrange it. If an audi can't program them, how do you get them up and running?
~Carly

First I have to say I am not sure they are water proof. They are Rion and I can't find whether or not they are or not. Secondly yes I have them and I am more than happy to give them out. I was originally wanting to give them to anyone who needed a hearing aid that could not afford them. As far as I can tell they take a size 13 battery and comes with one for it and the case. they seem to push a lot of sound through them. and like I said you would probably want to attach your own ear molds to them... The model is Rion HB-53. IF anyone is interested in one of these or 2, I have total 7. Again I am not sure if this model is water proof, I will keep trying to look into it though.

I see that the HP-53P is the is for severe to Profound deaf and is waterproof. Do you know if it is HP-53P or just plain HP-53?

I suppose you can get the mold from a starkley dealership because the website says they distribute that brand through starkley.

(btw, I don't need them, but very curious about them)

Yeah I had looked at the pdf. But I couldnt find if it was waterproof. I just opened one of the boxes and looked at the instruction manual and in the manual it says if dropped in water make sure to wipe it off and consult with the dealer to see if its ok. Im not sure this model is or not.

Also on the instructions it shows you how you can program them yourself and gives you the tool to do so. ;)

Oh wow that's awesome. Sorry to keep asking questions, but is there anything about fitting range in there? I'm not normally a power user--have bilateral moderate loss...

The 54's are the most waterproof model of Rion. Even so I would not use them for swimming but for outdoor sports or outside jobs expose to the weather. The most powerful Rion are the 79's which I had a pair and it is what I would call sweat proof.

I was really looking for sports use/major sweat resistence, so that's perfect, actually. I do a ton of sports in hot climates and am too terrified of ruining my aids to wear them which is pretty inconvenient to say the least...I would love to give them a try

Back