Retail stores/restaurants/etc..

E

eternity

Have you ever hired at any places... with interpreter?

Have you ever get DISPLICINE or write ups?

Have you ever get interpreter for any meeting?

Does tv - video tapes have closed caption?

Yes I have. There are several that i got write ups.
1- I did not acknowledge the customers that I am deaf.
2- I did not treat them with respect and dignity - because I am deaf! They noted that I ignored them.

No I have not any meetings even though I did ask for one. Until I had to ask Union representative to provide one for me and he did.

-- Retail store where I work at-- A resource human guy said it is my responsibility to ask for interpreter. My union representative said no it's ada law that Company's responsibility to provide one for me. A store manager said I never requested for one but I have a witness -- Steward Union.. who I pay the dues. A resource human guy had to pick on me... he said *Can you read?* What a most ridiculous question is that? We told him It is a law to provide interpreter when I asked for. I do not need to write down all the papers, lipreading, and use the computer (type). That is No-No. Interpreter must be provided period!

No there are no closed caption.. I stood up and told them.. I cant hear what TV said? There is no closed caption. So what they said? Get me interpreter! The other store manager apologized about it. In my mind, is that all that he can say? I went to see store manager and told him about it. He said he will talk to the company about it. I never heard anything from him. I was disappointed and I had to tell Union Representative about it. They forgot about my need.

Sue the idiots. If they keep telling u different shit and that and that.

Let me tell you something.. Home Depot is feelin' sorry for what they did to me.

Are you saying that they asked you those questions during an interview?

eternity said:

sorry for not answering in the first post. Don't know what I was thinking.

1: Yes, with interpreter.

2: Almost, but no. (For missing 11 days in a row)

3: Yes, and they didn't appreciate it.

4: No.

Oh, I am clear now that we answer them. I was confused.

No, I didn't need one. I do fine one on one.

No, do they do that in workplaces? :ugh:

No, the employer asked me if I needed one for the orientation. I asked how big it was gonna be and she said that we could have one on one if I wanted. I said fine. They should consider me lucky to them because I try not to have them waste money if I can help on without a terp. I don't think they see that.

I don't think they have them on their videos. I noticed that for orientation what they do is have you walk around with someone and other employees showing around plus show you videos, cuz when I was with the person who helped one on one and she was like 'no you don't need this.' You know...you kind of learn what it's like if you're observant. I think they should caption or subtitle them for hard of hearing people or have it in a script like they did in high school sometimes.

Maybe we should tell ADA to require workplaces to have their videos captioned especially big companies. I notice they leave more information out than what we get one on one.

1) Have you ever hired at any places... with interpreter?
Nope. Never asked for one. Don't need Interpreters at all.
2) Have you ever get DISPLICINE or write ups?
Once. But I got all cleared up. It was just a big misunderstanding on our parts.
Nope. Still not need one at all. I have reminded them not to call anyone to come in to interpret!
I've seen some that were open-captioned but most of times, nope.

No

Yes, once

Yes at my children's school ( alway had one ) but not at work

No

never, i'm fine one to one as long we write it down on paper, this way is the easiest way to get hired, however if its for my provesional carrer i must have an interpreter.

once, but its not deaf-related I just got write ups for talking too much :|

never had, i always request someone to write down what meeting is all about, mostly the meetings i go to are almost never important

yes some does, however if they don't the manager have script ready for me good enugh, as for CBL (computer basic learning) they have an ASL interpreter on computer screen :D

Back