Responsibility for children

Good idea, Miss D! :)

Jillio ... Found the 'Tantrums' ad from YouTube -

[yt]tPxA74b4FdM[/yt]

Last edited:
Jillio ... Found the ad from YouTube -

[yt]tPxA74b4FdM[/yt]

Maybe I should do that sometime...lol!

Web...cant give a fake candy to fool him cuz that would show him that I am rewarding him for throwing tantrums. Yes, the candy is fake and he will get nothing but that could lead to him distrusting me in the future. It is best to ignore him until he is calm and then give him attention.

Thanks for the help. My background training and certification in behavior management for my job also comes in handy when my children arent behaving themselves. :)

Good idea, Miss D! :)

Jillio ... Found the 'Tantrums' ad from YouTube -

[yt]tPxA74b4FdM[/yt]

Thanks Miss D and Matilda! That was too funny! And pretty accurate on the reaction I got about 18 years ago, too!:laugh2:

Maybe I should do that sometime...lol!

Web...cant give a fake candy to fool him cuz that would show him that I am rewarding him for throwing tantrums. Yes, the candy is fake and he will get nothing but that could lead to him distrusting me in the future. It is best to ignore him until he is calm and then give him attention.

Thanks for the help. My background training and certification in behavior management for my job also comes in handy when my children arent behaving themselves. :)

Too true, shel. Best not to trick a child like that if you want their trust about the important things in the future.

Yeah, I don't think that throwing yourself on the ground and having a tantrum is accepted behavior mod technique, either, but sometimes you have to reach outside standard practice!:giggle:

You're all welcome! :)

^^ I also loved the smile on the baby's face on the ad! :lol:

Well I have a 1 year old and a 3 and a half year old. I don't expect anything from the 1 year old yet as far as cleaning/responsabilties go (shes too young) but the 3 and a half year old I expect her to clean up after herself like put away toys, put her bowl/plate in the sink. She loves helping me around the house though, she helps me take out the rubbish (she puts the plastic milk cartons etc into the reclying bin) when the kids are older I would expect them to have more age appropriate responsabilties (not just cleaning but getting a part time job, being responsable with money etc) so that when they leave home they will know how to work a washing machine, pay bills, cook etc. I don't want my kids growing up being lazy or whatever. I know people my age (26) who still live at home and their mothers do everything for them.

Back