respect for gay and lesbians

I have enormous respect for gays and lesbians. They are my favorite fundraisers.

Richard

rjr2006 said:
today at my high school, the principal (headmaster) said that gay children have been abused and tried to commit suicide, because they didn't feel right in schools due to bullying. I am heterosexual and PLEASE RESPECT gay people since they want to be open minded and I don't mind having friends who are gay or lesbian.

I agree with you, RJR2006. I do respect to gay and lesbian people. I am not against gay and lesbian people because of the freedom that we gays and lesbians deserve. I am a homosexual with my girlfriend javapride babe and I have alot of my friend how are gays and lesibans.

deafdyke said:
Errr..... NO!!!!!! The first time I fell in love with a girl, I didn't even know that girls could fall in love with girls. Well like, I knew it rhetoricly, but I didn't know it was possible for ME to fall in love with a girl!
Crazyman....honestly you are SO prejudicated......Your attitude is slowly but surely dying. Many young people are a lot more accepting of homosexuality nowadays. Your attitude is like some old person who was raised in the heart of the Bible Belt, or like those really sheltered kids who have been raised for Christ 24/7 with no exposure to the secluar real world. I know a LOT of people who follow rather conservative Christian churches, but they have told me that they are OK with homosexuality. They see it as "It's the quality of the love that counts."
The church is evolving and changing......and I bet you in twenty or thirty years people will look back and be SHOCKED at present day attitudes towards same sex love! Back when my parents were growing up the debate was about interracial marriage. Now, a lot of kids are SHOCKED about the vitrol and hatred that interracial couples dealt with back then! Sure it's still somewhat shocking, but people have learned to accept it...... as they will with same sex love!

:gpost: You're so right. We look back on the civil rights movement of the 50s now and think to ourselves "how could people ever think that way." It'll be the same thing with gay rights.

Respectingf glbt people is good not just because its good to respect other people, but its respecting yourself and your rights. Even if you are straight, you're effected by homophobia, because it is used to keep people in their place genderwise. Since gay is an insult, if someone doesn't act feminine or masculine enough, calling them gay chastizes them for being themselves, even if they are straight! So it effects us all.

heh, gays love attention....

that is the reason why this thread won't disappear.

that the reason why they are gay, to get sympathy
from people.

Oh poor you, oh poor poor, Miss P is meanie to you...
oh poor baby... wahhhh.

Yeah we willl give you respect, oh poor you...

we gonna cuss and give Miss P hard time...
yeah she is a witch, oh yeah, bad bad witch she is...

:barf: This is all stupid! I agree with redfox. Nothing more is needed to be said! :type:
RedFox said:
Are you kidding? :shock:

Who said the weather had anything to do with gay people? The weather doesn't know which countries or cities respect gay people. It just follows physics. If there was really a god controlling the weather to target places that are gay friendly, the god should go for San Francisco. Then why are those hurricanes hitting the east and south of the US and very rarely hit the west? It's the Bible Belt that's being hit instead of gay friendly San Francisco. It's the water in the west being colder than the Gulf water. It doesn't look like the weather is being used to target people who respect gays. So do not use bad weather to encourage people to disrespect gays.

so if I say,

"I am a lesbian"

nothing happen....

can't do anything else... but feel so sorry for yourself....

nothing going to change...

so you're gay, in love and attractive to same sex... so what?

they see they can't get attention...
they tell everybody that they gay...
and then suing people for discriminating them.

I don't understand why that lesbian suing the fertility doctor...
why she told the doctor she is gay... and he stopped treated her...
Then go to court, suing. and her name in the newspaper...
getting more attention...

Geez... :dizzy:

Why can't the lady go to another fertility doctor? THere
are million of them... just don't tell them your business. :mrgreen:

Miss*Pinocchio said:

It has nothing to do with pity and everything to do with having a social conscience. I don't pity people gay people, I pity people who have such a limited idea of love that they can't accept gay people.

Miss*Pinocchio said:
heh, gays love attention....

that is the reason why this thread won't disappear.

that the reason why they are gay, to get sympathy
from people.

Oh poor you, oh poor poor, Miss P is meanie to you...
oh poor baby... wahhhh.

we gonna cuss and give Miss P hard time...
yeah she is a witch, oh yeah, bad bad witch she is...

Would anybody have said that the blacks in the civil rights movement of the 1960s were just trying to get attenion after some white people were so mean to them? Would anybody say the same about women trying to get rights in the 1800s and early 1900s? Saying that groups fighting for equal rights are doing it just to get into the spotlight is silly.
Would people have said that blacks and women were black and women just to get sympathy? The difference between straight and gay people may not be as clear on the outside as it is for blacks and women, but that is not a reason to write them off as lying about being different. Not all differences have to be on the outside.

RedFox said:
Would anybody have said that the blacks in the civil rights movement of the 1960s were just trying to get attenion after some white people were so mean to them? Would anybody say the same about women trying to get rights in the 1800s and early 1900s? Saying that groups fighting for equal rights are doing it just to get into the spotlight is silly.
Would people have said that blacks and women were black and women just to get sympathy? The difference between straight and gay people may not be as clear on the outside as it is for blacks and women, but that is not a reason to write them off as lying about being different. Not all differences have to be on the outside.

no I feel that Blacks now are still using the race card...

Just like Oprah who use her race card when french people
won't let her in the store after it closed...

I think it is stupid... if the stores closed, it is closed...
they won't open up the store because she is "Oprah"
she is just like everybody else...
If she wants to buy some new clothes, she need to
get up in the morning and go to that store when it is open
again.

Miss*Pinocchio said:

Like you don't use your infamous Treacher's Collins card to gain sympathy points??

I see way too much disrespect of homosexuals around here, and I think its more sinful than anything. God gave us a free will. A free will to live our lives how we want. To praise God or ignore God. Most fundamentalist Christians will think homosexuality is a choice. If it is, then they're using that gift of free will God gave them, and trying to interfere with that seems mighty disrespectful to the gift God gave us all.

Miss*Pinocchio said:

Just like Oprah who use her race card when french people
won't let her in the store after it closed...

I think it is stupid... if the stores closed, it is closed...
they won't open up the store because she is "Oprah"
she is just like everybody else...
If she wants to buy some new clothes, she need to
get up in the morning and go to that store when it is open
again.
that doesn't have to do anything with gay and lesbian. RESPECT them

:eek2: First off, people don't just decide they are going to be gay and lesbian one day and change back the next day. It's part of their geneology. There is nothing that anyone can do to change that. Some of the postings I read by a couple of people shows me how sheltered their lives are.
"God said, if you don't respect my people, then you don't respect Me" We should never judge a person because they are gay or lesbian, we take a deeper look inside of them, their hearts, and that is what we take them for. It has to be confusing on the person when they discover they love someone that is the same sex, but, what makes this whole thing worse? Is the way they are discriminated, ridiculed and harrassed. There is no need of that. Furthermore, when they are in a same sex relationship, they love from the heart the same as us heterosexuals do. We have no right to bash anyone that is in the same sex relationship, we do all we can to show them they are still our friends.
Coolie, those people were not your true friends if they turned their backs on you like that. You don't need them. You want friends who are loyal and honest , and take you for who you really are. Acceptance is the key factor here, acceptance!!!
Why can't anyone just turn around and see how beautiful life really is, how wonderful some people can be, and stop centering and focusing on people who are in a relationship that they just cannot accept. They are human too, they have feelings too, and they are a lot more forgiving than some of us humans could ever be. They are put of our human race!!!!

Humans are humans beings for...

I do respect gays rest of them.. reason why I miss my best buddy, He is gay and gone wherebouts. Since I moved away from Toronto, and heard he is dispeared too. I wish I could have kept contact w/him. Oh well.. He is terrific guy ever I had him.
Also have friends gay peoples who live in Toronto too. They are total cool.

Until almost going 3 years, When I met my birth mother and found out her place has lot of rainbow diversity all over.. I knew she is gay.. I accept her.. She is my mom. So until we went to DeafExpo and few hours later, My mom want talk w/me privacy at coffee shop nearby Toronto covenation centre. She tells me I'm.... I grabed the paper and pen away.. I said, um, I know you're gay no matter I still love you MOM. She cried and happy hugged w/me.
I love her very deepily.. I understand how much she was pain her past because of different men who using her and left her preggy. Isnt' fair.. I'm glad she happy w/her girlfriend 21 years together. That cool! I still have two mothers who are gay. Wonderful they are..

*tears happy* We'll look forward see them this year christmas.. :D

Important for everyone must respect Gay people their busienss lifestyle.
Extactly as what Cheri stated her thread "Do not judge them".

Let it be...
*smile*

MissP.. I think you're really quite harshy rude remarks to everyone. What makes you looks "popluar and turns it out pity" Don't do that! If you don't like it... Just simple leave them alone pretty please.

What if your relatives whoever is GAY.. how do you feel ? You'll harsh your own blood relative ? *hmmmm* what will you say ?

LOve not hate

Those who don't respect others don't respect themselves.Pity the ones who are disrespectful because they don't have the true heart to be like Jesus.They are like the brother in the parable who said Yes father I will do what you ask and walked away and did the opposite.
Jesus said Love One Another. He didn't say Conditional. He said Unconditional.With love comes respect. Unconditional Respect. Disrespect Breeds hate.If you want to Breed Hate, then do it by yourself,That's not what this place is about.People come here for Love and support,not Hate.AMEN!!

LOve
Fairymist

Miss*Pinocchio said:
so if I say,

"I am a lesbian"

nothing happen....

can't do anything else... but feel so sorry for yourself....

nothing going to change...

so you're gay, in love and attractive to same sex... so what?

they see they can't get attention...
they tell everybody that they gay...
and then suing people for discriminating them.

I don't understand why that lesbian suing the fertility doctor...
why she told the doctor she is gay... and he stopped treated her...
Then go to court, suing. and her name in the newspaper...
getting more attention...

Geez... :dizzy:

Why can't the lady go to another fertility doctor? THere
are million of them... just don't tell them your business. :mrgreen:

Sighs Miss P, you are just a plain asshole.

Gay people do not seek for attention, they are just gay period! Its the feeling of attractive to other person of the same sex. I can't believe you actually think we gays are seeking attention you are such a fuckhead!!

How would you feel if i said black people are looking for attention. all they do is whine and whine about being black to get attention then once someone make a minor remark they think about discrimination and want to go to court. GROW UP!!

CODAchild said:
:eek2: First off, people don't just decide they are going to be gay and lesbian one day and change back the next day. It's part of their geneology. There is nothing that anyone can do to change that. Some of the postings I read by a couple of people shows me how sheltered their lives are.
"God said, if you don't respect my people, then you don't respect Me" We should never judge a person because they are gay or lesbian, we take a deeper look inside of them, their hearts, and that is what we take them for. It has to be confusing on the person when they discover they love someone that is the same sex, but, what makes this whole thing worse? Is the way they are discriminated, ridiculed and harrassed. There is no need of that. Furthermore, when they are in a same sex relationship, they love from the heart the same as us heterosexuals do. We have no right to bash anyone that is in the same sex relationship, we do all we can to show them they are still our friends.
Coolie, those people were not your true friends if they turned their backs on you like that. You don't need them. You want friends who are loyal and honest , and take you for who you really are. Acceptance is the key factor here, acceptance!!!
Why can't anyone just turn around and see how beautiful life really is, how wonderful some people can be, and stop centering and focusing on people who are in a relationship that they just cannot accept. They are human too, they have feelings too, and they are a lot more forgiving than some of us humans could ever be. They are put of our human race!!!!

You nail it beautiful... :hug:

Back