Republicans want review of birthright citizenship

Status
Not open for further replies.
:wave:

Not surprising to see you confused....You brought in unrelated elements... :)

Hardly......Since I gave no opinion except to say it is a function of government to make a decision on immigration........ :lol:

"confused".....

LOL.

Now, you know.

but your position is confusing. You want more government oversight on this and less government oversight on that? :dunno:

but this is not surprising. what you just did is a classic example of ethnocentrism.
Um, I don't think that word means what you think it means.

but your position is confusing. You want more government oversight on this and less government oversight on that? :dunno:

but this is not surprising. what you just did is a classic example of ethnocentrism.

Bingo. Not to mention incongruent.

Bingo. Not to mention incongruent.

Again just for you

Hardly......Since I gave no opinion except to say it is a function of government to make a decision on immigration........

Again just for you

Hardly......Since I gave no opinion except to say it is a function of government to make a decision on immigration........
I think the idea here is that if you think the government should do some things but not all things, you're contradicting yourself. "Wait, you think the government should do A but not B? That's um, um, (searching for negative word), ethnocentric!" It's a nice way to avoid considering that there are some things only government is capable of doing while there are a bunch of things government sucks at doing.

Tinkering with and amending our Constitution. How inspiring.

I think the idea here is that if you think the government should do some things but not all things, you're contradicting yourself. "Wait, you think the government should do A but not B? That's um, um, (searching for negative word), ethnocentric!" It's a nice way to avoid considering that there are some things only government is capable of doing while there are a bunch of things government sucks at doing.
The Constitution itself enumerates which things the federal government is responsible for and allowed to do, and which things the individual states are responsible for and allowed to do. The Constitution does limit which areas the federal government can control, and which areas are under each state's control.

So, yes, the government should do A but not B, as per the Constitution.

Our Constitution does allow for amendments (where would we be without the Bill of Rights?), and describes the procedure for making them. Amendments can even be amended or canceled by later amendments (remember Prohibition?).

However, the amendment process should not be taken lightly, should be used sparingly, and should not be done hastily in an emotional fervor.

My two cents. :)

Our Constitution does allow for amendments (where would we be without the Bill of Rights?), and describes the procedure for making them. Amendments can even be amended or canceled by later amendments (remember Prohibition?).

However, the amendment process should not be taken lightly, should be used sparingly, and should not be done hastily in an emotional fervor.

My two cents. :)

Yeah, Reba, true. I was merely inspired by the thought of introducing National Freak Day. :D

Yeah, Reba, true. I was merely inspired by the thought of introducing National Freak Day. :D
:lol:

How about National Find-Matajan-a-Mate Day?

Again just for you

The incongruency in your criteria is evident collectively.

Harry wanted to.............

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qqyeb-5ZfEc&feature=player_embedded]YouTube - Video Re-Exposes Sen. Reid's Hypocrisy On Illegal Immigration[/ame]

Um, thought you were deaf???

Got a transcript for this?

Edit: ah, the auto captioning wasn't working for me at first. Now it is. Still sucks though. YouTube Auto captions = fail

Yeah the captions suck but you get the gist.... will look for transcript too

Um, thought you were deaf???

Got a transcript for this?

Edit: ah, the auto captioning wasn't working for me at first. Now it is. Still sucks though. YouTube Auto captions = fail

Yup but only one person blames on Harry's sloppy speech issue instead of Youtube transcribe CC feature. :aw:

Caption corrections: "isn't enough" not "is enough"; "sane country" not "same country"; "a lot of services" not "a lot of serbs"; "are born to illegal alien mothers" is the last sentence.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back