Remembering 9/11 American

You know what really gets me mad? Today I was telling my roommate about how theres this local music festival going on 9/11 and his responds was like "Who care? It was years ago anyways!"

It took a lot for me to not tell him to leave my apt.

I am generally an open-minded person when it comes to certain things.... but to call yourself an American (enspecially when people from different countries share their sympathies as well! melts my heart by the way) and say "whatever" like the attack was nothing? Ohh... nerves... blood pressure rising.... *takes a happy pill*

I was sitting in my history class in high school when I first learned about this tragedy.

I was sitting in my Vocational Internship Programme class when it all unfolded on camera. I was a senior in high school at the time.

I still remember the sadness, anxiety, and anger I felt when I watched the events transpire on 9/11. I was just watching AM CNN news while I was getting ready for class. When 9/11 passes each year those same feelings go through my mind still.

I thank the brave passengers of United 93...they will always have a special place in my heart because of them, I probably was saved as I was very close to one of the potential targets...the U.S. Capitol

I don't really remember ... I was 10 and my mom say too scary, try hide from me. I hear much talk at school though. Sad.

:(

Thank you to all those people and rescue dogs who took part in helping all the survivors and trying to make it impossible for this city. Thank you men, women, every search and rescue dogs.

My brother did not take a break for about 48 hours in a row to search, clean up and made it impossible to do. :( so thanks to every searchs.

I had two cousins in the towers. They were fortunate and were able to get out before the collapse.

I am reflecting on all those innocent people that were lost that day. All in the name of a hell bent extremist religion.

Thank you to my SO, and all others, who served to protect our country that day and in the days, months and years ahead.

You know what really gets me mad? Today I was telling my roommate about how theres this local music festival going on 9/11 and his responds was like "Who care? It was years ago anyways!"

I am generally an open-minded person when it comes to certain things.... but to call yourself an American (enspecially when people from different countries share their sympathies as well! melts my heart by the way) and say "whatever" like the attack was nothing? Ohh... nerves... blood pressure rising.... *takes a happy pill*

You have a shitty roommate. Tell him over 300 firefighters died that day and almost 2800 people died alone in NYC. An estimated 200 people jumped out of WTCs. It was that bad. I am so proud of NYFD and NYPD. They're so darn brave.

I was sleeping when the airplanes crashed and I was awake when WTCs collapsed. :( I was only 24.

Tell your roommate that for a lot of people that day is as fresh as if it had happened yesterday. I was in Washington, D.C. when it happened and I still remember the feelings of extreme fear and confusion of the unknown. Also, the sight of the black smoke filling up the skyline from the Pentagon is something that will be forever etched in my memory. Nothing about that day is vague or fuzzy since it happened 10 years ago...everything is still crystal clear in my memory.

I went down to Ground Zero to reflect on the day. Here is one of the pics I took. If anyone is interested in seeing the rest please let me know...

In memory of Paul W. Innella 9-11-01

2en7s3s.jpg

can never forget the smell of burning ground zero. and people jumping off building in tv.

Back