Relay Service NOW have 911!

Jiro

If You Know What I Mean
Premium Member
Reaction score
ATT Relay Service
MCI-IP Relay does allow you to call 911 as well. Finally it's about time!

read about 911 from at&t Relay Service.

The When do I use 911? Button

When you click on this button, a window explaining when to use the 911 button will open up. (You must have all pop-up blockers turned off in order for this window to open.) The 911 button should be used only for police, fire, or medical emergencies. When you make a 911 relay call, be prepared to provide the CA with the following information:

• Your name
• Address of the emergency (city and state)
• Phone number at the scene of the emergency. For example, if you are calling from your home, you would give the CA your home or cell phone number. If you are calling from a public place, such as a restaurant, you would give the restaurant's phone number or the number of a phone near the emergency.
• Nature of the emergency (Examples: Is your house on fire? Has your husband stopped breathing?)

Whew! I accidentally pressed the 911 button - I closed the browser real quickly. I thought I would get something explaining how it works, etc, etc.

I am glad that AT&T has this feature - AT&T has always been my first choice of using the relay services. Now what would be nice if they have one that we could contact them through Instant Messaging clients.

Whew! I accidentally pressed the 911 button - I closed the browser real quickly. I thought I would get something explaining how it works, etc, etc.

I am glad that AT&T has this feature - AT&T has always been my first choice of using the relay services. Now what would be nice if they have one that we could contact them through Instant Messaging clients.

If touch "911" button then it would contact them so automatically?

If touch "911" button then it would contact them so automatically?

It doesn't make any action until give the information to California where the base is at. Then it will send the direct to 911 where your location is at with telephone number in public or mobile phone to track the GPS.

It's nice but it seem waste time.

It doesn't make any action until give the information to California where the base is at. Then it will send the direct to 911 where your location is at with telephone number in public or mobile phone to track the GPS.

It's nice but it seem waste time.
Yeah, seems like somewhat wasting of time. For example, a deaf woman is being abused by her her boyfriend/husband, she may be in danger if she is caught calling 911 through the relay services. It'd probably be better to dial 911 on the regular phone so that way the police will be dispatched to check it out.

I don't think it'll work if you call from your computer... they will not see where you are calling from?? am I right or wrong?? I'm just guessing here.. I know cellphone or pagers numbers doesn't pick up.. .

Must be nice you Americans have these services like the +711 on your cellphones which we don't have it just yet in Canada... sigh...

Yeah, seems like somewhat wasting of time. For example, a deaf woman is being abused by her her boyfriend/husband, she may be in danger if she is caught calling 911 through the relay services. It'd probably be better to dial 911 on the regular phone so that way the police will be dispatched to check it out.

I totally agree with you.... since your number will show up on their system and they can locate faster where you are... ditto that!!! I know for the fact, I was told here in Canada that when you can't call you just pick up the phone headset dial 911... then bang it on something.. and leave it off hook they'll either can pick up where you are located or get help fast..

geez, if you been hurt or something would you really want to wait that long for a relay service as it takes as double time to translate everything ... grr..

SPRINT RELAY now offers 911 calling

Sprint Relay now provides 911 calling for their customers!!! They offer it on VRS Sprint VRS - Home Page, Sprint IP www.sprintip.com, SprintIP using AIM along with their Web CapTel service https://www.sprintcaptel.com/index.asp. Sprint is the best Relay provider by far. They have been providing Relay since 1990 and were the first to offer relay in the US. They always keep our best interests in mind. There operators are so nice and pleasant and they always answer my calls very fast.

www.sprintrelay.com

GO Sprint Relay and thank you for providing us the best and safest form of calling!!!!

:kiss::dance2::gossip::slap::type::rockon::rockon::rockon::gpost::h5::party::ty:

Imprtant Things to know when making a 911 call

It is very important for the caller to provide as much information as possible about where they are located when making a 911 call via Relay. Relay providers are unable to automatically determine the location of caller when a call arrives from an internet based product such as Sprint IP, Sprint VRS or Sprint Web Captel.

1. The caller will need to know as much as possible about their current location. This information is essential to locate the correct psap.
a. Street address
b. City, State, Zip Code
c. Area Code and Phone number from where they are located

ATT Relay Service
MCI-IP Relay does allow you to call 911 as well. Finally it's about time!

That's awesome! What if you don't reply after pressed 911? Don't they trace your Ip address to find out the location of where this call is from to get police assistance?

*sigh* look at 3rd post of this page I have give the information.

Yea, but you didn't say you tried it, How do I know it works or not unless you tried.

woman, I cannot test 911 if I don't have emergency. It will work but you have to give the information blah blah blah.

No blank message, you will be ban thry ip-address. No police show up and nosy at your house while you're in bathroom.

No blank message, you will be ban thry ip-address. No police show up and nosy at your house while you're in bathroom.
It works directly through a phone, two policemen showed up within 15-20 minutes. I dunno about Ip relay that's why I asked.

Back