rechargeable hearing aid batteries

Don't rechargeable batteries have short lifespans?

good question. I was wondering about that too. Although, if it meant charging them every night id be okay with it so long as they last the whole day. I charge my FM and Cell phone every night, so 1 more thing to remember to plug it would not make a difference.

*EQL*

good question. I was wondering about that too. Although, if it meant charging them every night id be okay with it so long as they last the whole day. I charge my FM and Cell phone every night, so 1 more thing to remember to plug it would not make a difference.

*EQL*
Yeah.

I would rather have a battery that lasts me several weeks than one that has to be constantly recharged every night.

Somewhere I read that they last about 12 hrs. Stands to reason, as Power One sells a pocket recharger. If they lasted days why would you need a pocket recharger?

i read the FAQ. if regular batteries last you about 10 days, then the recharge should last a full day.
*EQL*

I suspect rechargables will run around thirty dollars above the regular priced batteries though.

I suspect rechargables will run around thirty dollars above the regular priced batteries though.

hold your horses here. do the math- 40-50 bucks for a rechargable battery, plus charger for something that last a day? I can go to the local store and get a 8 pack for 5 bucks and one pack last me 3-4 months? that comes out to 20-30 bucks a year. I am all for being green, but until they come up with a better, longer lasting hearing aid battery - its a no brianer to go with standard batteries.

hold your horses here. do the math- 40-50 bucks for a rechargable battery, plus charger for something that last a day? I can go to the local store and get a 8 pack for 5 bucks and one pack last me 3-4 months? that comes out to 20-30 bucks a year. I am all for being green, but until they come up with a better, longer lasting hearing aid battery - its a no brianer to go with standard batteries.
Yeah. Better to have one battery and not have to worry about carrying another instead of having to carry an extra rechargeable battery (or a charger) in case you end up going out for longer than 12 hours.

8 would last my daughter just under 2 months, assuming we get a full week from each one (which doesn't always happen). Multiply that by 3 years...rechargables are totally the way to go.

faire_jour, does your daughter have any? i'm sure many of us would love to hear how well they actually work!
*EQL*

Anyone got connections with PowerOne?? Maybe get them to give out a few free samples to some people on the forum to try them out and review them?!?!?! If so, I'd TOTALLY volunteer!!!
*EQL*

That will do good for me. I wear my HA for 16 hrs a day. I change my battery every 7 days. So If I pay 12 dollars a month for a 4 pack of batteries. Thats 144 dollars a year. I would rather save 104 dollars on a rechargeable battery and keep reg batteries for backup.

Back