Recent here. Trying to find my way around.

zcedarman

Reaction score
Noticed that there is so much mistrust on this internet . How can one converse with someone who does not have a real picture? It just takes the flavor out of any conversation. I believe there should be two sections: one for those with real pictures and another for anonymous. I also would like to see a list of members with pictures. I am not trying to tell administrator what to do. Just wishing.
Is there a section discussing spiritual matters? I dont see any.
Annnd I dont know what are tags and trackbacks.
Anybody can help with this.

Noticed that there is so much mistrust on this internet . How can one converse with someone who does not have a real picture? It just takes the flavor out of any conversation. I believe there should be two sections: one for those with real pictures and another for anonymous. I also would like to see a list of members with pictures. I am not trying to tell administrator what to do. Just wishing.
Is there a section discussing spiritual matters? I dont see any.
Annnd I dont know what are tags and trackbacks.
Anybody can help with this.

Is that you in the avatar? My picture is easy to find. Other people feel uncomfortable.

I can have a conversation with anyone whether they are shy or not. Sometimes later if I see a picture I am surprised that they don't look as I imagined, but that just adds a new dimension.

When you say you would like to see a list of members with pictures, it just makes you seem kind of like a creepy stalker. What does it matter? Do you pick and choose who you talk to by looks? That is shallow.

Maybe no one wants to talk to a person with that attitude.

I am not a creepy stalker. I dont have time for answering such insults. I dont know why you took offence on what I sujjested. My intentions are good. I am surprised at such a rude answer. Is this how you welcome new members?

to bottesini: I know that not all the members are like you illmannered smart American. Otherwise I would have cancelled my membership right away. I did not come here to have insult from a creep like you hiding before your weird avatar.

Are you interest in deafness? Deaf Culture? Are you deaf or hard of hearing?

This is a discussion board here. This is the forum that we Deaf and Hard of Hearing people discuss about our deaf perspectives and our experiences. Hearing people posted here to ask questioned and give opinions. What you mentioned is that you are way out of your league on this. Do not worry about the members with pictures. They chose the kind of pictures where they can put them in the Private Message profile or Avatar.

Even putting any cartoons or pictures on the posts, too. Nothing wrong with that. Just discuss what we are discussing here. We, Deaf and Hard Of Hearing (HOH) are very blunt on what we want to say here. So get use to us. :)

welcome... I'll hope you'll do better posting on here than this welcome post...

I was going to say welcome, but as my input wouldn't be, I won't :-P

Now this is appreciated response. I very much like to be part of your discussion as I have few things to share. Gradually lost my hearing. Have now 80% loss and use a hearing aid t get along, but with difficulty. Because of nerve deafness its pretty difficult to socialize and this is the main reason I am here. This deafness really ruined my life, but had a main advantage which is to make me turn inward to search for truth. Discovering that nothing is an accident but intended for our spiritual growth, I accept this handicap. With this attitude I can feel better and somehow think that I have gained in ways that can not be attained otherwise.

I also have found a method that will improve the hearing of some people here. It may need some experimentation to see if its feasable. Have tried many nonconvential treatments which some here may not be aware of. I would like to share this ...browsing around to see how best I can share it.

Anyhow . thank you all very much for your welcome and explanation.

Greetings.

This was in deed a rough start. I was going to comment on your views, but withdraw. You are entitled to your own thoughts and feelings about your hearing loss.

I am curious also, this "method" of yours about improving hearing, does it not work for you? Maybe some people here accept their deafness and don't think they need to improve anything.

Why are you covering ur mouth? And ur pix looks sort of "fuzzy" to me....anyway,ur way of thinking that "deafness ruined my life" is ridiculous! Could it be ur inability or ur not wanting to overcome it, accept it, and move on?

Welcome to AD, I hope that with time you will see that your hearing loss is not a handicap and that it only ruins your life if you choose to let it, but I am sure with that attitude its easy for that to happen?? Believe it or not you aren't the only one who has gone through this. Maybe being on AD will help you to understand yourself and your situation better.. I too am wondering about this "method"...

I don't want to try any method to improve my hearing loss. Gawd, I would have gone crazy if there is sounds that will make me squish my face like all the hearing people had to suffer from loud noises. Silence is golden so I cherish that very much. No improved method for me. Bah! :nono:

No wonder that is what I put my signature saying that Deafness is still awesome to be Deaf. It means that I noticed some hearing people squish their face just like the little girl at the balcony with Prince William and Princess Catherine (now named as Duke and Duchess of Canterbury). She made the face and put her hands over her ears because the crowds were very loud and so was the airplane. I read the caption about it. Silence is really Golden. So try to accept it. :cool:

This method worked for me and when applying it i had to turn down the volume on my hearing aid. Not trying to sell you anything and not trying to impose myself on anybody. it seems i have to be on the defensive. this is merely a method which uses electrotherapy on the ear lobes with special attachment. It falls under acapuncture of the ears.

dont know how to answer each one seperately. so i am summing it up here. OMG FEEL UNDER INQUISITION, BUT ALRIGHT I SHALL GO THROUGH THIS TO PROVE MY SINCERETY. IT SEEMS ON INTERNET EVERYONE IS GUILTY UNTIL PROVEN INNOCENT.
To Rockingrobin: I am not covering my face .it happened to be the only pic available taken while sipping some wine.Deafness had ruined my life in the sense that it blocked so many oportunities for me. Finally accepted deafness but after being too late....To Mistylily: I am sharing and there are other valuable things too that I have about alternative treatments to deafness and its not mine such as those found in Edgar cayce readings. I agree with you that some accept their deafness and dont want to improve, but others may want to try....To Candybrowneyes:Thank you for the encouragement. thats why I am here....To Bebodang: No problem at all, I am not sellin you anything... Hope this clarifies my siuation on this subject...WOW

Been studying the Edgar Cayce material for more than twenty years, even before the internet became wide spread and know about him more than Wikipedia. So if u think I got my informaion from internet, then you are mistaken. Been applying the said material for a long time and seen excellent results from treating cancer all the way to the smallest problem.

Yeah, Cayce was unique, wasn't he? I still pay close attention to his readings after all these years, and am also a devout "student" of Wilhelm Reich. :wave:

Earlobe electro-therapy? Some one alert Quack Watch, stat!

First rule of avoiding quackery: avoid machines allegedly for any kind of electronic therapy.

Yes they got rid of william reich and his orgone discovery. Took all his papers and inventions and they kept it for themseves. Just as they did to tusla. And recently many inventions that synthasize water to use it as fuel for cars.

Back