reccomend a laptop?

Banjo said:
It's a product that I use on OS X along with at least a hundred different non-Microsoft applications.

Hate to say it, but you obviously don't understand what I'm talking about. I was talking to somebody else here, not you about these document files and how they can be transferred. You're still misunderstanding the point here.

No, but you sure don't know jackshit about Mac computers.

Then you are dumbass. No wonder you don’t know nothing about vehicle and hardware.

WHY YOU DONT SAID ANYTHING ABOUT VEHICLE FOR MAC? WHAT YOU DOING WITH MICROSOFT PROGRAM? GET OUT OF IT

You need get LIFE to outside!
You just know about INDOOR software THAT ALL YOU KNOW. You have no idea how many hardware that PC need.

Tell me what is: DAPRA, CAD, ECU, and CNC

This requires high bandwith speed. All parts are interchangeable but
Mac is just self-alone company with their own limited hardware

I had question to someone who use Mac about SATA, IDE, and SCSI. They dont know nothign about hardware.

Now I see Mac user dont know nothing about hardware like you.

thuD said:
Neo, sorry to say this but banjo's right on the most of the time. BUT, no, OSX does NOT have the large amount of softwares. If you compare the numbers PC softwares to OSX/Linus softwares, you'll know the differences.

Neo, if you would like to try OSX (just sounds like you do want to try it :)) Download VMware workstation and partition your harddrive, make a virtual driver and install OSX there. One of my friends installed Tiger OS on it and loved it. For you all who do not know what Tiger OS is, it is the newest OS for MAC. anyway, download it at www.vmware.com or if you'd like to crack it and get the full version, download it from limewire pro, that is where I got mine.

Don't forget hardware.

Don't worry about it. I already have VMware in 3 years ago. I know about Tiger OS would work in PC. It's old news. :) I plan to do it when I have time.

Oh geez. I hate HUGE FAN like Banjo.

ckfarbes said:
I got the third laptop now.. I purchased NOTEBOOK COMPAQ R4012 ATHLON64 3200+/ATI/[upgraded] 1280MB/80HD/DVDRW which is top selling by this year more like April appox.. anyway...

Important for you looking for:

1.Ram of memory: I suggest you grab 2 gb rams which laptop can upgrade up to 2 gb eventually

2. Hard drive: I highly recommending you, 60 or 80 hdd that what you really need for!

3. dvd rw: You buy laptop within dvd rw also, you will necessary in eventually..

4: wireless: WIFI built inside laptop is best carrying itself.. you no need to buy wifi card separately..

5. USB: 2.0 usb 3 or 4 ports built in laptop.. :)

But impotant is RAM OF MEMORY how much you need. if you want to get load some program or grapic art.. ram is still count! the RAM OF MEMORY IS VERY SIGNIFICATION KEY IN YOUR LIFE FOR LAPTOP RUNNING SMOOTH AND CRASH FREE!

Already post here same as u said

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16834115306

I think that Steve Jobs plans to add an IBM chip on Apple computers to run IBM software. It might affect some Apple software because they will add some codes in order to run on both programs. That will be next year. I read a magazine somewhere at a book store few months ago. In the magazine, it does not say that it needs a special program like VP virtual software (I forgot the name). Can you verify the information?

Neo said:
Don't forget hardware.

Don't worry about it. I already have VMware in 3 years ago. I know about Tiger OS would work in PC. It's old news. :) I plan to do it when I have time.

Oh geez. I hate HUGE FAN like Banjo.

You can't even get the names of some operating systems right.

Huge Fan?

No, you're mistaken. I am a PC/Mac user, but the Mac computer does take the trophy in my opinion because I do most of my works on it. I'm a big supporter of OS X as a operating system and I have my reasons for it.

WHY YOU DONT SAID ANYTHING ABOUT VEHICLE FOR MAC? WHAT YOU DOING WITH MICROSOFT PROGRAM? GET OUT OF IT

I'm not even talking about vehicles or hardwares, I'm talking about applications that appeal to the average PC/Mac users. Applications for vehicles are not common, they're for mechanics and people who work with cars. I don't know if they have any softwares for the Mac but I don't care.

Now, now... I don't appreciate your hostility toward me. You need a lot of growing to do. Neo, stop taking everything I say as if it's personal which it is not. You obviously have issues with me since you've thrown several insults toward me which were uncalled for.

If you want to get personal with me, you will be the first one to cry. There is a reason why I don't unleash my fury onto anybody here... because it's not mature and totally unnecessary. I don't intend to unleash on a immature-minded individual like you because it's not worth my time.

All I had to say was my opinion on the Mac platform.

Now, stay off my bad side. You'll be doing yourself a favour.

End of the session, back to the main topic of the thread... laptop recommendations!

thuD said:
Neo, sorry to say this but banjo's right on the most of the time. BUT, no, OSX does NOT have the large amount of softwares. If you compare the numbers PC softwares to OSX/Linus softwares, you'll know the differences.

I did not say that OS X has the largest collection of softwares. It's Microsoft Windows XP for sure due to the amount of users using it.

But I did say that OS X has a large collection of softwares to select from if you know where to look. Many, many of these softwares are also quite resourceful and sold at a low price.

I'm not saying that it's pretty large in comparison to Windows XP because that wouldn't be true.

That's all I had to say. Hope I cleared up the misunderstanding.

"You know that I work for Canon as group leader for DSLR. There is no MAC adjustment software for canon that I need."

Ok, I own a Canon 20D camera. I have Mac and Windows. The software you showed that you can adjust the camera hardware directly checking for the sensor dust - saying it's only on PC's but I have never seen it. I suspect it's for camera shops, not for consumers.

But I don't need a program to check for dust - I simply take a picture of the sky at a certain aparture to reveal the dust on the sensor and if there are many dust speckles, I clean it with special cleaning supplies. Worked like a charm every time.

Banjo said:
You can't even get the names of some operating systems right.

Huge Fan?

No, you're mistaken. I am a PC/Mac user, but the Mac computer does take the trophy in my opinion because I do most of my works on it. I'm a big supporter of OS X as a operating system and I have my reasons for it.

I'm not even talking about vehicles or hardwares, I'm talking about applications that appeal to the average PC/Mac users. Applications for vehicles are not common, they're for mechanics and people who work with cars. I don't know if they have any softwares for the Mac but I don't care.

Now, now... I don't appreciate your hostility toward me. You need a lot of growing to do. Neo, stop taking everything I say as if it's personal which it is not. You obviously have issues with me since you've thrown several insults toward me which were uncalled for.

If you want to get personal with me, you will be the first one to cry. There is a reason why I don't unleash my fury onto anybody here... because it's not mature and totally unnecessary. I don't intend to unleash on a immature-minded individual like you because it's not worth my time.

All I had to say was my opinion on the Mac platform.

Now, stay off my bad side. You'll be doing yourself a favour.

End of the session, back to the main topic of the thread... laptop recommendations!

Good for you then dont bother to reply me next time. You just waste your time to type down that i dont need to read whole.

netrox said:
"You know that I work for Canon as group leader for DSLR. There is no MAC adjustment software for canon that I need."

Ok, I own a Canon 20D camera. I have Mac and Windows. The software you showed that you can adjust the camera hardware directly checking for the sensor dust - saying it's only on PC's but I have never seen it. I suspect it's for camera shops, not for consumers.

But I don't need a program to check for dust - I simply take a picture of the sky at a certain aparture to reveal the dust on the sensor and if there are many dust speckles, I clean it with special cleaning supplies. Worked like a charm every time.

You miss whole what I said.

"And not THAT adjustment software for custmoer I talked about! You can't use it for adjustment inside SDLR and Powershot for AE, Flash, Shuttler, SI, AF, voltage, CMOS, and color matrix. That software for Pc only."

You can't do that because you are not technical. Only technical need PC for that. Oh right I forget said that I am technical.

A friend of mine offered me a Toshiba Satellite laptop A45-S130 (512 RAM, 40 Gigs, 2.8 GHZ) for $550. Does this sound like a good deal?

I'm pretty sad this has degenerated into a Mac vs PC flame war. I use a Mac myself, but I do know that each have their uses. Ironically, I find going to an Apple retail store one of the BEST ways to learn more about buying a PC. They only have Macs of course, but the sales people will be more than happy to answer any questions you have, and will direct you to a different store if they don't have what you need.

This is almost unheard of in the computer retail field, where everybody acts like they are used car salesmen. Many places like Best Buy have 'spiffs' where the sales people will direct you to products they get paid specifically to sell, instead of what you need.

So in this case, *DO* go to an Apple store, even if you don't plan to buy one. Ask questions! You'll get the answers you need.

bree said:
I'm pretty sad this has degenerated into a Mac vs PC flame war. I use a Mac myself, but I do know that each have their uses...
:gpost:
I think it is great to have options to chose from.

webexplorer said:
I'm disappointed that you are not interested in Apple. That's your choice.

How old the laptop is? Does it have a XP? The street price is approxiately $1,000. That's half price - That's something suspect about it.

http://shopper.cnet.com/Toshiba_Satellite_A45_S130_C_2_8_GHz_15_TFT/4014-3121_9-30792697.html

I'm not interested in Apple because I'd prefer to stick with an operating system that I've been familiar with for all my life. For me to switch to a Mac OS now would be like asking me to switch from English to Spanish as my main language. I'm just more comfortable with Windows.

The seller assures me that there is nothing wrong with it, and he's assured me there is nothing wrong with it. Of course I'd inspect it before I bought it. He tells me it is a year old, and that he is reformatting the computer to Windows XP.

psalm91:5 said:
I read and your said reccomend your wrong spelling right spelling recommend

:ty: but not worries. I always mispell this word. Lucky for me we have an autocorrect program at work. :thumb:

cental34 said:
For me to switch to a Mac OS now would be like asking me to switch from English to Spanish as my main language.

Actually, you can switch the language from English to Spanish in a few seconds.
There are many foreign languages in the program. Isn't that a fantastic!

I know what you mean. I really don't care if you bought the IBM PC. Someday, you might realize that we are absolute right. Nobody is perfect so you learn a lesson. But, don't worry. You stick with the Windows - you take the risk of viruses. Mac might get some viruses, but it might to be a long way to impact on Apple for couple of years later i.e. 25 or 50 years. Who knows. Many IBM users are being to switch Apple because they have their own preference. I thought that you might be wise to save your money otherwise you will have to pay more money to buy an Apple if you don't like the Windows or XP someday.

Last edited:
I was using that as an analogy. I was comparing switching operating systems to switching languages. I wasn't actually referring to switching languages.

Hm. My mother took notice of my clippings of all deals on laptops and asked me if I want one for christmas... she asked me if I want an iBOOK since it is the best laptop for graphic designers...

So far my friends (and husband) are rooting for me to take up on her offer but for some reason I don't want her to get me a laptop because... it is just so wrong for me. She told me that I gotta live and support by myself... she preached me to pay for my own debt, bills, et cetera... And I am. and now she wants to buy for my luxuries?

Hm... If money was no object, will you recommend me a iBOOK or some other expensive PC?

Size doesn't matter to me. I like simple laptops. Weight won't bother me (10pounds or less, please...), I don't mind carrying more luggage for battery recharger (I don't mind to plug up). I want to use and create Reader, Powerpoint, and Adobe Photoshop. I want to type with ease on MS Word, et cetera.

I went to a local Frys and they don't have Dell or iBook for me to test out. But I saw something else that I like-- Compaq Presario X6000's shape (box-y and clean lines) is perfect for me. The size. the weight. Keyboard will be something for me to get used. What do you think about this PC?
Should I still give Dell Inspiron a try? I know what an iBook looks and feels like and I still like it.

Hmm... dilemma, dilemma! To accept Mommy's gift or stand up and pay for a measly laptop with no money... ARGH!

Back