Really really bad luck

terrifickmb

Reaction score
So the past month I have had extreme bad luck, it all started when some idiot failed to stop/give way and crashed into the passenger side if my car, writing it off. I ended up having whiplash in my neck which had also led to extreme pain and stiffness and multitude of others problems in my shoulder. I am attending physio for this but it's not improving much and I am having a really rough time with it all. On top of this at physio this week he was working on a specific extremely right pressure point and it induced one of my passing out episodes, the passing out episodes I have leave me fatigued and drained for several days, I just start getting over that little hurdle to find when I went to put one of my hearing aids in this arvy after a nap it didn't work, and conveniently after the hearing centre is now closed for the weekend until Monday, then it has to be sent away to be fixed and I am going to be without roughly 2 weeks. This is such bad timing, not that there is good timing for a hearing aid to pack it in. Tinnitus is through the roof without the aid. I guess I just needed a vent and I know you guys will understand about the hearing aid thing.

I hope next month is better for you.

Sucks, I had to work and attempt to overcome tinnitus for a long time before I was finally given hearing aids. Hope things get better for you, life sucks here as well.

Thanks guys, do you guys have to get your hearing aids sent away to be fixed too? Or do they do it there? When I was young there was this fantastic tech he fixed everything that day if he could and was so great with all us kids inviting us in to watch him talk to us etc, it was a sad day when he had to give up work due to a stroke. There was another guy but he never used to show up for work and then the fixing of hearing aids in centres didn't seem to happen anymore. I frustrates me no end that I have to be without it for 2 weeks.

Thanks guys, do you guys have to get your hearing aids sent away to be fixed too? Or do they do it there? When I was young there was this fantastic tech he fixed everything that day if he could and was so great with all us kids inviting us in to watch him talk to us etc, it was a sad day when he had to give up work due to a stroke. There was another guy but he never used to show up for work and then the fixing of hearing aids in centres didn't seem to happen anymore. I frustrates me no end that I have to be without it for 2 weeks.

I bring mine to my audiologist to get it fixed and they will sometime have a HA you can used while your it being fixed.

I had the same thing happen to me , a teenage driver did not want to wait for me to finish my turn and the kid T boned the passenger side of my car and it was totaled . This happen in 1995 and I still can't wear a HA in my right ear. Was your HA knocked out of your ears in the accident, mine was. I was wondering if that happen it could had mess up your HA.
I hope you'll feel better soon.

No my hearing aid wasn't knocked out of my ear, that really sucks your was. I hate careless drivers. Even worse was this dudes attitude, he said oh well these things happen I guess. I will ask if they have a loan hearing aid but they never do because I have in the ear aids now, but surely they could have one of those open fit ones with mic on the ear piece handy. I think they should anyway.

Do you still have any old HA around that still work that could wear while getting your good one fixed? I am thinking you wear only one HA if yes that really is bummer it broke.

I wear 2 hearing aids it's just that without it I hear basically nothing on that side and understanding speech is incredibly difficult, that combined with really bad tinnitus which is hurting. I only have really old heating aids which prob don't work anymore and no moulds for them

It's OK to vent, we all have those days. Sorry about your hearing aid. I have a friend who had both hearing aids broken when three idiots jumped him. He is in terrible shape with broken cheek, nose, collar bone and ribs. They told him two weeks to repair his hearing aids also. Hope things start looking better soon.

Thanks, gosh that's so awful for your friend I couldn't imagine having both out at the same time aswell as having horrific injuries I hope they at least get his hearing aids back to him ASAP. I almost had 2 broken at same time once but luckily the other went just as I got the first back.

Back