Random Vents.....

Random vent...someone is stealing money that I send to my daughter in the mail. I have a feeling it is my ex's girlfriend.

Random vent...someone is stealing money that I send to my daughter in the mail. I have a feeling it is my ex's girlfriend.

Here's a thought to help curb this. Is there a way that your mother could open a bank account for her and be joint with her? Make it a joint account being your mom, you and daughter. Then you just send the money to the account and your mom can make sure she gets it and the ex's gf doesn't.

Just a thought.

Here's a thought to help curb this. Is there a way that your mother could open a bank account for her and be joint with her? Make it a joint account being your mom, you and daughter. Then you just send the money to the account and your mom can make sure she gets it and the ex's gf doesn't.

Just a thought.

I sent her a Halloween card with $20 last week. She never got it. I sent $90 for her rectical costume on Monday..she hasnt gotten it.

No more mailing stuff to that nasty-ass house full of dishonest people. I will just mail them to my mom's house or send the money over moneygram.

Means I will have to send another $90 tmw for the costume as I made the mistake of not getting it certified. Lesson learned and $90 lost but I will move on.

I am sure they will call me a liar and say that I never sent anything in the first place. Whatever but I am willing to lose money to ensure that my daughter wont get stuck with no costume.

I sent her a Halloween card with $20 last week. She never got it. I sent $90 for her rectical costume on Monday..she hasnt gotten it.

No more mailing stuff to that nasty-ass house full of dishonest people. I will just mail them to my mom's house or send the money over moneygram.

Means I will have to send another $90 tmw for the costume as I made the mistake of not getting it certified. Lesson learned and $90 lost but I will move on.

I am sure they will call me a liar and say that I never sent anything in the first place. Whatever but I am willing to lose money to ensure that my daughter wont get stuck with no costume.

Wow!!:eek3: Was it a check and can you stop payment for that $90? I know we here have been having problems with people stealing mail out of our mailbox before the mailman picks it up. We not take everything to the Post Office. It's a hassle, but MIL mails too much money each month.

Wow!!:eek3: Was it a check and can you stop payment for that $90? I know we here have been having problems with people stealing mail out of our mailbox before the mailman picks it up. We not take everything to the Post Office. It's a hassle, but MIL mails too much money each month.

No..i was in a hurry and my daughter said she needed the money by tmw so I cashed it and put it in a card with Mother and daughter poems. I dont write checks anymore. Dont even have a checkbook.

I am waiting for a response froim her to see if she got it in the mail today. If not, I will give $90 to my hubby so he can moneygram it through Walmart. I have always done that but for some reason, earlier that week I was so busy with Halloween and my son's birthday events so I wasnt thinking clearly.

However, I never had a problem with sending cash through the mail to other people or even to my daughter in the past. Now 2 mails in less than 2 weeks are missing? Something is up.

I went to the PO today and they gave me a number to call tmw about this. If i find that someone at that house tampered with her mail, I will have them prosecuted as it is a federal offense. If it is a postal worker, then that person should be fired and sent to jail.

However, my gut feeling is telling me that it is someone at that house. My gut has always been right. However, I wont say anthing like that to them. Just keep it to myself except for here on AD. I hope I am wrong and that it was a postal worker because it would be less personal.

No..i was in a hurry and my daughter said she needed the money by tmw so I cashed it and put it in a card with Mother and daughter poems. I dont write checks anymore. Dont even have a checkbook.

I am waiting for a response froim her to see if she got it in the mail today. If not, I will give $90 to my hubby so he can moneygram it through Walmart. I have always done that but for some reason, earlier that week I was so busy with Halloween and my son's birthday events so I wasnt thinking clearly.

However, I never had a problem with sending cash through the mail to other people or even to my daughter in the past. Now 2 mails in less than 2 weeks are missing? Something is up.

I went to the PO today and they gave me a number to call tmw about this. If i find that someone at that house tampered with her mail, I will have them prosecuted as it is a federal offense. If it is a postal worker, then that person should be fired and sent to jail.

However, my gut feeling is telling me that it is someone at that house. My gut has always been right. However, I wont say anthing like that to them. Just keep it to myself except for here on AD. I hope I am wrong and that it was a postal worker because it would be less personal.

Shel
I don't find anything in your post about where this was put in the mail. Could the problem be like what Kristina said they had in the part I have bolded in the quote of what she posted. That too is something that could have just started.

As far as not writing checks have you done a through comparison of what the cost involved in having a checking account is vs the fees for moneygrams? And don't forget the hassles involved in going to purchase them each time you need one.

Shel
I don't find anything in your post about where this was put in the mail. Could the problem be like what Kristina said they had in the part I have bolded in the quote of what she posted. That too is something that could have just started.

As far as not writing checks have you done a through comparison of what the cost involved in having a checking account is vs the fees for moneygrams? And don't forget the hassles involved in going to purchase them each time you need one.

I dont write checks for bills or for anything else.

I put the two pieces of mails in a, gosh, what do you call them? drop off mailboxes?

I never never put outgoing mail in my own personal mailbox.

I dont write checks for bills or for anything else.

I put the two pieces of mails in a, gosh, what do you call them? drop off mailboxes?

I never never put outgoing mail in my own personal mailbox.

I understood that you don't write checks. But, could you be spending more on moneygram fees than what it would be to have a checking account?

Ugh, Shelly. If what you suspect is true, that is just disgusting.

Perhaps your daughter can set up some sort of internet account, like PayPal, or she could get her own bank account that you can transfer money to? I was able to get a bank account when I was 14 years old. My brother and I both use the same credit union, and we're able to transfer money to each other using the system. It's free and the transfer is immediate.

Just an idea . . .

Ugh, Shelly. If what you suspect is true, that is just disgusting.

Perhaps your daughter can set up some sort of internet account, like PayPal, or she could get her own bank account that you can transfer money to? I was able to get a bank account when I was 14 years old. My brother and I both use the same credit union, and we're able to transfer money to each other using the system. It's free and the transfer is immediate.

Just an idea . . .

My hubby and I just talked about it.

yep, if my guts are right, it means they are not worthy to live on this planet. Stealing from a child to make me look bad. That is beyond sick sick behavior.

I understood that you don't write checks. But, could you be spending more on moneygram fees than what it would be to have a checking account?

My hubby and I are talking about opening a checking acct for her and sending her an atm card (not debit card).

Looks like I am $90 in the hole and have to moneygram another $90 tmw. Ahhh.. it is just money not a life threatening situation so I willllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll get over it! lol

Shel, you can get a credit card gift card with her name on it. Merchants will check her identity. Just another option.

i hate that i've been so busy lately..and i feel so drained emotionally&mentally. i miss AD so much lol

You who have been here for years probably see a lot of this... but I just need to say:

For those of you who want to be my AD friend, you need to have posted something. It's just creepy having requests from out of nowhere.

You who have been here for years probably see a lot of this... but I just need to say:

For those of you who want to be my AD friend, you need to have posted something. It's just creepy having requests from out of nowhere.

:lol: They are just scammers. It won't do any good to tell us.

Yes, I figured it out quickly. WTF, who's this?

But as the thread reads - I was just venting! :lol:

Shel, you can get a credit card gift card with her name on it. Merchants will check her identity. Just another option.

More fees. eeeh!

Problem is getting it there. I dont trust mail being sent to that house.

I will just open a bank acct for her.

Back