Random Vents.....

I rarely vent, actually I am not angry as such, more like deeply disappointed. I went all the way to town to get my new prescription eye-glasses only to discover they had made an error. They put the wrong prescription in the lens. They are progressive lenses. So, I have to wait yet another 4 days. The optometrist should know that I am getting headaches and am very tired due to not having my eyes just right. They were very apologetic however. (I wore contacts for 5 years but have been told now not to wear them anymore)

hmm thats a bummer, its cuz your eyes are changing (due creeping into the middle age, it happens to most of us...) I too have to wait fro new glasses i am getting bifocals instad progressive.

hmm thats a bummer, its cuz your eyes are changing (due creeping into the middle age, it happens to most of us...) I too have to wait fro new glasses i am getting bifocals instad progressive.

:wave: Grummer. yeah, middle age :giggle: (btw, a bit off topic, I promised photos of my pets - did you see them yet? it's in the Pets Thread "Finally photos of my pets...")

So today I was at Subway and FINALLY I saw a couple signing to one another. I was excited thinking "yay! finally my people!" lol and wanted to introduce myself but felt a bit shy and although I didn't mean to eve-drop, they were arguing over who's going to pay for lunch and he forgot his cash so she was irritated that she had to pay. Interesting day to say the least lol

My sister in law had the nerve to tell my mom(dad's ex-wife) that my dad is not a christian and that she's more christian than him :roll: I wish could've been there to give that woman a piece of my mind! She lives with us for free!

I'm mad Blockbuster is shutting down in my city because of online streaming. Most movies online don't have captioning. :(

I'm mad Blockbuster is shutting down in my city because of online streaming. Most movies online don't have captioning. :(

The Hollywood Video in my community closed down last year. Definitely not good for the economy in our small community. Oh well.

I know... I miss Hollywood in Salem. *whimpers* Not only Hollywood, I saw a several movie-related stores are now closed. It was a while ago-- like last year or so. :(

I am not sure pretty I never heard blockbuster!

I already my area still blockbuster I didn't notice city!

We still have quite a few of them here and they keep sending out coupons and things in the mail.

The reason for BLOCKBUSTER closing: BANKRUPT!

Implanted A B Harmony activated Aug/07

Venting.....

My daughter told me that her dad told her that as long as she doesnt have sex, she can have a boyfriend. If I had said something like that, he would have acussed me of leading her down the wrong path. I was like , "WHAT?He said that to you???!!!! "

Venting.....

My daughter told me that her dad told her that as long as she doesnt have sex, she can have a boyfriend. If I had said something like that, he would have acussed me of leading her down the wrong path. I was like , "WHAT?He said that to you???!!!! "

Seems to me he's going at it the wrong way (the way he has said it)....I have boys and some of their girlfriend(s) parents have dropped their daughter(s) off at my house to "hang out"....Absolutely, I don't like it too much....my rule is they have to leave the bedroom door open at all times, since they go in there to play video games and listen to music, etc......And I'm always walking up and down the hallway, peeking in to see what's going on.....asking "is everything OK....having fun?...etc.

Last week, my 16 yr. old made a pallet on the floor in his room, and he and the girl were laying on it, watching TV.....(even tho' he has 2 chairs and a desk in his room)....I didn't allow that...and suggested "why not go out on the dock or to the pool?"....A soda, perhaps?"...or take a walk to the Park..

Makes me feel like "a Cop"....but, all in all, if teenagers are gonna have sex, they are gonna find a way to do it....but not in my house!...I felt a "huge responsibility" towards the girl's safety....and I was and am actually worn out by it.....so I'm not gonna allow that again....

Maybe I'm old-fashioned or whatever, but feel the boy should go over to the girl's house, and they take in a movie or something, to the park, etc....Do parents actually allow their "girls" to visit a "boy" to hang out these days at their house?..My guess is "yes" they do, as the girl's mother seemed not to be overly concerned about it!

Venting.....

How old is she?

Maybe I'm old-fashioned or whatever, but feel the boy should go over to the girl's house, and they take in a movie or something, to the park, etc....Do parents actually allow their "girls" to visit a "boy" to hang out these days at their house?..My guess is "yes" they do, as the girl's mother seemed not to be overly concerned about it!

Er... why? If you'd let a boy go to a girl's house, why would you not let a girl go to a boy's house? I see no reason for there to be any more of a concern one way or the other.

How old is she?

Er... why? If you'd let a boy go to a girl's house, why would you not let a girl go to a boy's house? I see no reason for there to be any more of a concern one way or the other.

She is 14 years old. I am just surprised that her dad, of all people, told her that. Whenever I talk with her about peer pressure issues, she tells him and then he texts me acussing me of leading her down the wrong path. Now, this? Geez.

Back