Ramble caused problems on me in Blackberry.

GraysonPeddie

Eye/Hear/Speech Impaired
Premium Member
Reaction score
Since I have got a new screen name for my Blackberry (don't like the hassle of signing off from my desktop and signing in to my Blackberry and signing off there and back to desktop), there's a problem. If you choose to Log Out since you've logged on or you cancel the connection to AIM in Ramble, Ramble closed automatically. I tried to get to the log-in screen to change my screen name, but out of frustration, I have logged in and logged off way too many times. This is the point where I get frustrated with Ramble. Overloading the server are not my intention, because I'm very honest with AOL's IM and I don't want to flood the server but I think I did it in purpose while trying to get to the log-in screen in Ramble, but after Ramble stopped me from logging in with my screen name (which will only be used for my desktop), I'm FINALY am able to get to the log-in screen--thank you, Ramble! But no!--I tried to log in with the screen name in AIM at my desktop computer, but I got "sign in failed" even though Internet still works for me...

Ramble shouldn't close after I log off in my Blackberry or cancel connection/log-in to AIM in Ramble. I think that's bad coding practice for anyone writing any Internet applications requiring log-in and log-off...

Well, at least I have two screen names--one for my desktop and one for my Blackberry...don't have to worry about sign-in/sign-off anymore!

I waited about a couple of minutes and AOL Instant Messenger works for me. I went into AOL's website like for checking mail account, and I'm required to enter the validation code, so with Ramble having a different screen name, with an ability of not having to sign on/off between desktop and my Blackberry, everything's fine now, but won't affect Ramble's behavior in my Blackberry 4.1.

Uncheck the auto-log in box, either on the log-in screen or in options>Ramble IM.

It's not that easy to get to the log-in screen unless I log off and on too many times. Here's how it works.

With Auto-login checked when I log out from the contact list:
1. I opened Ramble.
2. It auto logs in to AIM.
3. Once I get to the Contact list, I opened the menu and chose log-off.
4. By doing so, once you log off from AIM, Ramble closed down.

With Auto-login checked with I cancel the connection to AIM:
1. I opened Ramble
2. It auto logs in to AIM, but I immediatly clicked Cancel.
3. Even though you've clicked Cancel to not log in to AIM, it still logs you in to AIM! Wierd!
4. Log out of AIM (Contact List) and Ramble closed down even though you didn't tell Ramble to close down!

Either way Ramble won't let me get to the log-in screen even if I try to uncheck Auto-Login unless I flood the AIM Server (!!!) and I have to revalidate my screen name that's only for my desktop and I have a screenname for my Blackberry.

And so like I said, I've already solved my problem.

had ramble im on my pager for 2 years never reliable, diss out ramble

get this

GraysonPeddie said:
It's not that easy to get to the log-in screen unless I log off and on too many times. Here's how it works.

With Auto-login checked when I log out from the contact list:
1. I opened Ramble.
2. It auto logs in to AIM.
3. Once I get to the Contact list, I opened the menu and chose log-off.
4. By doing so, once you log off from AIM, Ramble closed down.

With Auto-login checked with I cancel the connection to AIM:
1. I opened Ramble
2. It auto logs in to AIM, but I immediatly clicked Cancel.
3. Even though you've clicked Cancel to not log in to AIM, it still logs you in to AIM! Wierd!
4. Log out of AIM (Contact List) and Ramble closed down even though you didn't tell Ramble to close down!

Either way Ramble won't let me get to the log-in screen even if I try to uncheck Auto-Login unless I flood the AIM Server (!!!) and I have to revalidate my screen name that's only for my desktop and I have a screenname for my Blackberry.

And so like I said, I've already solved my problem.

Sorry I'm not going to pay any instant messenging software... Why sould I bother...?

GraysonPeddie said:
Sorry I'm not going to pay any instant messenging software... Why sould I bother...?

then you get no instant message you didnt read the blackberry features before getting it? huh?

Blackberry didn't came with Instant Messenger. But Ramble is okay since I'm not going to change the screen name in Ramble.

As I already posted, there is another way to disable auto-login. Go to your BB options, select Ramble IM, uncheck the box for auto-login, click save, done!

on ramble im (aim)

I have no problem with my BB 7290 at all. That Ramble is work fine so far. Also blackberry messenger have im ,too. it mean only BB to BB only
I am teach and help download on BB to deafies . If you have problem please feel free ask me and I will be glad help you .
my pin is 23D6219C

Oh thats suck! see that bb has problem with IM issues.. THEN buy sidekick had package of IMs.. Ha Ha Ha I just kidding.... I hope you guys solve IM issue.. I know you are happy with BB.. okay keep that the way you are happy with BB.. ;)

GOOD LUCK!

Tide said:
I have no problem with my BB 7290 at all. That Ramble is work fine so far. Also blackberry messenger have im ,too. it mean only BB to BB only
I am teach and help download on BB to deafies . If you have problem please feel free ask me and I will be glad help you .
my pin is 23D6219C

Are you saying if anyone who own BB can im to other ppl who own BB not the sidekick or other products??

horselover61 said:
Are you saying if anyone who own BB can im to other ppl who own BB not the sidekick or other products??

Blackberry Messenger - BB to BB only

Ramble IM, Yak-On, IM+, etc... IM anyone.

Back