R.I.P Estelle Getty

Phillips

Lets ride horses!
Premium Member
Reaction score
I learn it from another my forum :(

Golden Girl" Estelle Getty has gone to the big lanai in the sky and died at the age of 84, just three days shy of her 85th birthday.

Estelle passed away at 5:35 AM this morning at her L.A. home surrounded by her family and caregivers. Getty had been suffering for years with Lewy Body Dementia.

Although younger than Bea Arthur (and Betty White), Estelle is best known for playing her wise-cracking Sicilian mother Sophia Petrillo on "The Golden Girls."

Getty is survived by her two adult sons

images

I heard about it on my local news channel RIP She made laughter as her character Sophia Petrillo on the Golden Girls.

Getty was my favorite actress... she was hillarious... she will be greatly missed...

RIP Estelle Getty

She's hilarious in the Golden Girls show :)

She was funny as hell...thanks for the update, Phillips. But don't go cheating on us with another forum. We've been so good to you! And what about the children?...The CHILDREN! LOL

She was funny as hell...thanks for the update, Phillips. But don't go cheating on us with another forum. We've been so good to you! And what about the children?...The CHILDREN! LOL

You all are bad behaviors to me :(

heheh Just kidding ;)

LOL! :D

Aww I use to watch that show all the time and is my favorite. RIP Estelle aka Sophia.

Mod's Note:

Threads has been merged.

Rest in Peace, Estelle Getty.

She will always be remembered as the original Golden Girl who never ceases to bring the laughs for millions of people and for many generations to come to watch her.

I loved her when she portrayed as Sophia in the Golden Girls. She is one of the funniest ladies that I had ever seen. Yes she is in better place.

May she have peace on her journey, we will miss you! That woman continues to crack me up in all of the episodes of Golden Girls.

Picture it: She was a friend who reached into our living rooms and into our hearts.

You done good, girl.

She was my favorite character on "Golden Girls".

RIP, Estelle. You will be greatly missed :sadwave:

Back