Quick answer needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

madkitten

Reaction score
I have just been asked to take another foster child .A boy ages 15 his mother dies a few months ago not getting on with step dad .The lad is now at the police station because he has assaulted his step dad . Should I take him??? We have a baby in the house.

Hard to say..

I will worry about my baby with pre teen 15 age... So what about his mother s family?

You know that He need lot of attendant ( sp)_ plus your baby needs it too?

Hard to say..

I will worry about my baby with pre teen 15 age... So what about his mother s family?

You know that He need lot of attendant ( sp)_ plus your baby needs it too?

I guess they dont want to know.

My heart says yes my head says no have to let social services know soon

Sounds like you shouldn't foster him because you don't want to deal with a teenager that assaulted his father. He needs a lot of displine and love to improve his life, I believe.

What does your husband say? How does he feel about it? Can he handle the discipline with the boy while you take care of the baby? What kind of "assault"? Is this the only time the boy was violent, or does he have a history of violence?

I'm afraid we at AD don't have enough information about your situation to give you wise advice. :dunno:

We decided to give him a try for a few days see how it goes .The baby is my daughters she lives at home with us, also I have a son 23 at home .MY husband and I deal with the discipline together.

We have found out he goes to a special school as he has learning difficulties. He has a sister who gets on ok with the step dad .He is an angry young man who has lost his mother.

Still 7 .30 tonight we got a call from social services to say they were on the way. They get him outside of the police station and whoosh he is gone. So they have to find and catch him we may or may not be seeing him.

It sounds like this boy may need more special attention...are you able to give him enough attention? That's something to think about. If he does come live with you, maybe you should see about him going to see a therapist...it sounds like he has been through a lot.

I was a foster kid myself so I know what it is like.

Good luck.

It sounds like this boy may need more special attention...are you able to give him enough attention? That's something to think about. If he does come live with you, maybe you should see about him going to see a therapist...it sounds like he has been through a lot.

I was a foster kid myself so I know what it is like.

Good luck.

There ar 4 adults in this house both my kids have done the fostering course.
Once we accept a child into our home I give 100% to him/her .We have just had a very difficult child moved on he used to constantly steel from us his friends shops and his school .
He had terrible tantrums where he would throw things and kick furniture.

I tried to help this lad for two years I tried to get therapy for him but it is not a big in the UK as in America. . In the end my family had had enough of the rows and steeling. I had to get him moved
I still see him he came to tea last night. He I my opinion has changed a lot but still has along way to go .Now we have had him moved and he is in a residential home he is getting therapy bit bloody late I think

Normally I would have tried to help this new lad with out thinking but I guess I am still a bit shell shocked from the last one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back