Questions Regarding Care! Please help! :)

Aggie89

Reaction score
Hi! :wave: I am conducting a survey for a lab for class and was wondering if I could have volunteers. It is a simple survey based on care from your doctors and your general experience with hearing aids. I would love to be enlightened on your feelings and attitudes. A little bit about me: I am a junior in college who is seeking a degree in Communication Disorders. I would like to pursue a degree in Speech Pathology and/or Audiology. I want to make sure that I am respectful and considerate and to give the best care that I can when I finally get my degree! LOL! Thank you oh so much!!! :) ::hands out delicious cookies for those who answer::

Questions:

1.Are you satisfied with your hearing aids? If not, why?
2. About how often do you wear your hearing aids a day?
3. How many places did you “shop” before purchasing your hearing aid?
4. What was the main factor you considered in choosing your hearing aid:
a. Price
b. Quality
c. Reputation of person/location that sold it to you
d. Recommendation from someone else

Last edited:
How exciting! The fall semester has begun, and many students will be beseiging us with surveys!!! :applause:

Hi! :wave: I am conducting a survey for a lab for class and was wondering if I could have volunteers. It is a simple survey based on care from your doctors and your general experience with hearing aids. I would love to be enlightened on your feelings and attitudes. A little bit about me: I am a junior in college who is seeking a degree in Communication Disorders. I would like to pursue a degree in Speech Pathology and/or Audiology. I want to make sure that I am respectful and considerate and to give the best care that I can when I finally get my degree! LOL! Thank you oh so much!!! :) ::hands out delicious cookies for those who answer::

Questions:

Yes

About once a day. :lol:

One.
a. Price
b. Quality

B and C

Also, if you want, you can put down your general attitude when it comes to the professionals and/or general public when it comes to your treatment. :)

What interest is the general public to have about me? That's a little confusing.

Hahaha! I know! I won't feel too bad because I often have the experience of going to the hematologists office where 10 students cram in and take turns poking me. It sucks! LOL! But luckily, I won't be asking you about your bowel movements! LOL! Thanks so so much for the reply!! It's appreciated! :) :) :)

Questions:

Yes.

Everday with few exceptions. If I don't have to go anywhere like today, I'd leave it off.

One, I was referred there by DARS.

a. Price
b. Quality

There ya go! :) Now, for my question, where are the cookies!!??? (looks around)

Questions:

As much as a person can be... I guess... they are a good fit for my level of deafness
I don't wear them every day... I wear them for about 8 hours at work... then sometimes (most of the time) take them off at home
actually shop... just the one... but I did quite a bit of research first.
a. Price
b. Quality

There you go... please do not think that this is a place where you can only post surveys... I know most hearies don't stick around... but we really aren't fond of people just asking quesitons that have already been asked before.

:wave: It's nothing to do personally with you, but don't be surprised if you get only a few responses. From what I have seen, every now and again there are rashes of surveys and things from students. I am fairly new to AllDeaf.com (but not deafness), so I may still have patience in reserve.
Questions:

I am not against the idea of hearing aids, they were a huge assistance in my life growing up and are a huge assistance to many people who are deaf/hh. I am amazed at the advanced level of technology out there nowadays versus even five years earlier. I was satisfied with hearing aids for myself for about 25 years. But now I am not, even though my most recent hearing aids are the best match to my level of hearing (which has progressively declined over the years) and needs especially compared to hearing aids I have had for the previous 25 years (I am 28, so it has been a large part of my life). Even with decades to adjust to hearing aids and years to adjust to my recent hearing aids, I have found that there is never an actual conversation in quiet, except in sound booths, and I cannot block out the everyday or random noises. They overwhelm me to the point that the communication is lost. I have a choice of a tolerable level of noise which for me is at a decibel level below that of normal conversation or conversation at a level where it is comprehensible, but the noise is unbearable.

Before I wore them every minute of the day, minus bathing, swimming, and sleeping. Now I tolerate hearing aids only at work for only a short time (maybe 30 minutes a day Monday through Friday).

I lost count as I wanted to get the best hearing aid for me since I had to pay out of pocket (no medical insurance would pay for it), since I would have to wait years until I could afford new ones if I bought mediocre ones.

a. Price
b. Quality

Questions:

a. Price
b. Quality

1. yep because the techology 2day is cool!
2. every day!
3. I only shop at places that sells Oticons so only 1 place I love
4. I wanted benefit since I have a severe loss, my mother spended $227 on them, and the quality is good. and my audi is awesome with kids like me.
my Safaris was recommended by CREC after my mom said I need new aids.

must... resist... survey... *holding breath*

Wirelessly posted (Backberry)

Cheetah said:

Bottesini said:
must... resist... survey... *holding breath*

I never got a cookie...

:( there, there now...

I will make us some cookies, what kind would you like?

I'm making heath crunch with caramel swirls for me... Want some? I'm making extra! :)

I will make us some cookies, what kind would you like?

I'm making heath crunch with caramel swirls for me... Want some? I'm making extra! :)

Perfect!

Oh, all right! Cookies for all! You too Smithtr!

Oy, I'm going to have to make a couple more batches I think...

Back