question.. AIM!!!

Phillips

Lets ride horses!
Premium Member
Reaction score
Ok there AIm buddy list Box..

There color red or black with i in circle.. what is it??

Thanks

i think u talk about each screenname with circle around i? if i'm right. its for information about that screenname such like profile.. like how long been online, idles, read their away message, what kind they use on aim such like "chat" etc.

i think u talk about each screenname with circle around i? if i'm right. its for information about that screenname such like profile.. like how long been online, idles, read their away message, what kind they use on aim such like "chat" etc.

Yes yes... But why another screename don't have it.. Another few of them had it with black or red.?

i dunno, maybe they don't have much update on their information such like new away message..

Oh!? You mean on the buddy list (on AIM 6.0), when you move the pointer up or down INSIDE the buddy list, the " i " inside the Circle on right end pops up??

Click on Circled " i " and this give you information about buddy if it had information update and show "Sidekick" (apparently their SK still running)

Also at the bottom (or right half of window if you updated to AIM 6.1) of pop up window say AIM Shares and Buddy Updates if you would like to use...

If you click on one of your Buddy, not on " i ". It won't show. Just your friend's aim window pop up. Am I correct?

It's a broadcast from your friend or a RSS feed like YouTube ect. IF " i " show glowing. Click on it and there should be an information there. I have'nt use it.

Simply click " i " and then Click AIM Shares to find out what it is for and also Buddy Updates and find out about it too. Maybe it is a useful tools.

Catty

Yeah but I still don't get it! :dunno:

But Thanks anyway :):):):)

Is it actually a circle with an 'i' in the middle or is it an eye?

(I) = Info as Information.

I am using Gaim for linux..

Yuppee! Thanks Goodness! Another Linux user! Gaim is better, No ADs!!.

As for AIM6 or 6.1, "i" is for information if you click on it.

Pop up window showed up and it'll tell you if someone you clicked on buddy list's "i" if someone using "via sidekick" or "does not have profile" ect..

Don't be a chicken to check this out. Show your chest hair to do it. It won't crash or infect ur system tho!!

:rofl:
Catty

Actually, it's posted if a buddy has updated their profile. IT tells you the profile of that user has been updated. That's all. I know cuz i've clicked on that I and found that whoever had the I had updated their profile.

Back