question about this woman

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Momoftwo

My sister's best friend died in almost two weeks ago. Her friend, Dannette was 52 years old. She died suddenly of massive heart attack in the plane with her 22 year old daughter in London that they visited the grandparents in London. This plane was still on the ground and they were about to fly back to the States. She was very, very involved in the christianty for many years, she was a Sunday school teacher for young kids, very, very involved with the church, helped with the Salvation Army, and so much more. My sister told me that she was the kindest person she ever met - kindest person than anyone.

Dannette had her physical check up last January and it was normal and perfect. She was thin. She had no family history, never smoked, hmm what else?? She has a husband and two adult children.

The doctor had an autopsy on Dannette and he could not find anything wrong. They still don't know why she had a heart attack.

So, I'm curious what do you think about this woman of what made her heart stop? Do you think God took her because she passed the test of faith???? Or something else?? But the doctor said he did not find anything wrong.

If you think that God took her, but what about her husband and her two adult kids?????? They are very, very sad but yes they are very faithful in God.

I never met my sister's friend before. My sister lives 1,000 miles away from my house. So....that's why I never met her friend before.

It still upsets me because the doctor did not find anything wrong in her body. It's very scary!!!!!

Remember the story of Lazarus was dead, when Jesus was gone while he's alive and sick? Since Lazarus been dead for 3 days, Jesus finally showed up. How does Mary and Martha felt? Even Jesus wept. And shout Lazurus, come forth. And he's risen. All of us mourned our love ones death. Tho her strong faith and shared the gospel, her blessed has comes. Remember, God knows how we feels. He's the God of all comfort. Many times we don't understand. But she's in Beulah Land which also called Heaven, but she's in Paradise. I got a devotional book by Charles Spurgeon called Beside Still Waters words of comfort for the soul. Thru dark times, God is there and the song I just sent on other thread under prayers fails, if u look that up and there a song there called In The Garden. Take hope and keep ur faith strong thru painful loss. God knows the pain.

I am not sure if she died of a "heart attack." Heart attack technically means the arteries were clogged and deprived heart muscles of oxygen leading to a heart attack. An autopsy ALWAYS find heart attacks by looking at how clogged her arteries are. What she probably died was a cardiac arrest due to a dangerous arrythmia - heartbeats that were beating out of control and could not pump the blood efficiently which in turns kills the person.

There is NO point of philosophizing whether God or Satan did it and why it strikes good people. EVERYONE dies! No one lives forever or no one is saved by believing in a fairy tale. You're going to die, period.

netrox said:
There is NO point of philosophizing whether God or Satan did it and why it strikes good people. EVERYONE dies! No one lives forever or no one is saved by believing in a fairy tale. You're going to die, period.

What is it that you gain by bashing others' beliefs as "fairy tales"? Do you really expect that to sway people over to your view?

And under your view, if there are no ultimate consequences for anything, why should it matter to you what others think at all?

I find it odd how Christians get accused of shoving their beliefs down people's throats yet some atheists do the same thing and it's somehow acceptable. (Mind you, I know better than to think ALL atheists behave this way. I've known quite a number who don't but usually all one sees of any group are the loud ones...)

Who created Life and Death ? God did. So, if her candle's fire is blowin' away in the wind from God Himself then, it's His Time to take her home. Life and Death are His Power to control - He could either to run it or stop it.

Sorry about her early departure.

Perhaps she was phobia of flying, as it give her a heart attack? - when I'm in plane, my body changed.

Lots of people died of heart attack - we accept as it is.

What is it that you gain by bashing others' beliefs as "fairy tales"? Do you really expect that to sway people over to your view?

I am saying that it's so absurd that anyone would think that it must be God's will or Satan's will to cause a premature death upon that lady.

And under your view, if there are no ultimate consequences for anything, why should it matter to you what others think at all?

I don't get it - where does "consequences" come from?

I find it odd how Christians get accused of shoving their beliefs down people's throats yet some atheists do the same thing and it's somehow acceptable.

Really? Last time I checked, about 5% of Americans are atheists. The rest believe in God or supernatural. So, tell me again... atheists are one of the most despised groups in America and that's sad and you're whining about that? Sheesh. Just look at Christians preaching the gospel and fairy tales and all that... where's an atheist to point out their fallacies? Sadly, there's a few. And if an athiest speaks out, Christians claim they're being shoved!

Momoftwo said:
Do you think God took her because she passed the test of faith???? Or something else?? But the doctor said he did not find anything wrong.
If you think that God took her, but what about her husband and her two adult kids?????? They are very, very sad but yes they are very faithful in God.

I just don't believe in that "God called her home" philosophy on death. I don't believe God intervenes in human matters quite that way, and that our bodies are imperfect by design - no one can live forever. Some people have lives that end in tragedy, some don't. Sometimes by the choices we make - sometimes by the choices others make around us - sometimes for no discernable "reason". There is really no easy or good answer.

My cousin was a bright, beautiful, well-loved girl, just 18. In her bed at Annapolis, about to begin her first year at the Naval Academy, she died of a cardiac annomaly much like what you describe. She was the kind of person who would have become a world leader. There is nothing sensible to be said of it. It is just terribly, terribly sad. So is your sister's loss, and that family's loss.

The best I can really say is that the risk of loving one another and bonding, the way that humans do, is that sometimes we experience heartbreaking loss. Life would not be worth living without love. The horrible loss we feel is just more proof of how we love.

I notice that this friend who passed away was 52 years old. That is an age when women often go on hormone therapy and the hormone therapy often causes BLOOD CLOTS. Particularly when you are sitting idle and not moving around.

I know 2 women this has happened to, but they did not die, they caught the clots in time.

Momoftwo said:
Dannette had her physical check up last January and it was normal and perfect. She was thin. She had no family history, never smoked, hmm what else?? She has a husband and two adult children.

The doctor had an autopsy on Dannette and he could not find anything wrong. They still don't know why she had a heart attack.

It still upsets me because the doctor did not find anything wrong in her body. It's very scary!!!!!

For example - healthy newborn babies and children died of cot "SIDS" death, for no reasons - just a heart stop beating.

So, I'm curious what do you think about this woman of what made her heart stop? Do you think God took her because she passed the test of faith???? Or something else?? But the doctor said he did not find anything wrong.

Yes, I personally believe that God took her home...God has his power to do anything...He has his power to stop her heart beating...It is in God's control whether He decides for us to born and die...This is His Will and His plan for our lives...

Here is a story I want to share with you...My brother had a bestfriend when they were in high school..his name was Todd...When Todd was 17 years old...During the summer time...Todd has been ill like flu or virus -nothing really serious...until one day, he was taking a nap on the couch...He died while he was asleep! The dr had no clue how Todd died...It was God's timing for Todd to die!

Another story...This lady I met when I lived in Missouri...She was a Christian and faithful to our former church....She was taking a nap on the couch...she died while she was asleep! The dr suspected it was possible that her past with car accident could have caused her death related to spinal on her back or something...

Other story...the young man was healthy...he ran several miles every morning...one day, he went to see his dr for check up...the dr told him that he was healthy...the next day, before he was going to run...he sat down and was tying his shoes...he had massive heart attack! I dont know if he is a christian or not...

Other story...Two weeks ago, I knew the man named Terry...He was Christian and faithful to church for long time until he decided to stop attended to church and stop having his relationship with God...He stopped praying for over ten years...

Anyway, two weeks ago, Terry got up around at 3am to go bathroom...somehow his wife puzzled that he was in bathroom so long...so she checked to see if he was alright...Unfortunately, she found him dead lying on the floor in the living room...The dr said it was massive heart attack!

Since he had no relationship with God, stopped going to church, etc...We dont know if he had the chance to repent his sins...or said his prayer before he died...

I dont know if He is in heaven or hell...I personally believe that we must be ready at all times..we must keep our relationship with God...and faithful to Him...

I don't know anything about that woman's health or situation, so neither I (nor anyone else here) can say "why" she died.

I will just make a general statement about people who die young. None of us know what would have lied ahead for that person if he or she had lived longer. We don't know if that person would have suffered abuse, a long suffering illness, terrible tragedies, etc. It is possible that God actually spares them from worse events of the future. None of us knows the future, and none of us knows the "big picture" of events. Only God knows.

As I read about a man was active in church and devoted to God and somehow gone astray and then boomed dead and not sure if he's in heaven or not. The truth is if he did received christ as his personal Savior, he has hope no matter, but reward be differ. Another thing we don't know his inner being. For not been to church awhile not mean a person may stop praying or devte. He may or may not. Truely, death is unexpected. Always prepared. There are many unknown causes of death, no matter how well u try to take care of urself. Satan can't take peoples lives without Gods permission. God is The God of all comforts. Many things we don't understand, He knows the pain. Must rely on Christ and His marvelous work in you to able to comfort others.

netrox said:
I don't get it - where does "consequences" come from?

I'm talking about the eternal; in a schema where that does not exist, the slate is wiped clean, in effect, which ultimately negates the impact of all that one could say or do.

Really? Last time I checked, about 5% of Americans are atheists. The rest believe in God or supernatural. So, tell me again... atheists are one of the most despised groups in America and that's sad and you're whining about that? Sheesh. Just look at Christians preaching the gospel and fairy tales and all that... where's an atheist to point out their fallacies? Sadly, there's a few. And if an athiest speaks out, Christians claim they're being shoved!

How I think of people depends on how they treat others. Atheists who treat others and their beliefs respectfully I'm fine with and I count a few among my friends. Those who belittle others' beliefs and intelligence--I have no problem with your believing what you want, it's the disrespectful behavior I don't like. I don't like that kind of badgering when I see it in Christians, either, and I have no problem saying so. It may be my religion but I've STILL managed to be on the wrong end of it somehow.

Hi all,

Thank you very much for your feedbacks.

My sister is not sure that her friend had taken the medicines for hormones therapy (menopause). She wants to know the answer but she can't ask her friend's husband and the family.

Momoftwo

Anytime, momoftwo, my condolence to her and also the family. May the Lord strengthen their faith stronger and sense of comfort from God as He is comfort of all comforts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back