Question about a sign

RookieMT

Reaction score
I have intro'ed myself in the intro thread but I have a stupid question. Was with my family for christmas and I was telling them I was taking ASL class 2 and my sister was talking how I was showing her and my niece signs when I was there for Thanksgiving. My younger sister had asked me if something she was doing was actually a sign or not. I said I wasn't sure but looked it up in my class book and found out what I think it is is the sign for prove it. My older sister argued that it was not even though she doesn't know sign language. She said it was a bad word. So thought I would ask here. If I can.... what my sister was doing was holding her left hand palm up and smacking her right hand down palm up twice. My sister argued that ok that might be the sign for prove it but don't ever do it 3 times. So is it a different word if you do it 3 times? :hmm:
Thanks
and sorry if it is a bad word :naughty:

Nope, not with the palm down; it is with that same palm faced up. The up palm should come down quick and firmly. This is the same sign for "arrive", too.

Thank you

Nope, not with the palm down; it is with that same palm faced up. The up palm should come down quick and firmly. This is the same sign for "arrive", too.

That was what I was talking about sorry if my message didn't make sense. That was what I was talking about and my sister was saying it does not mean prove it or arrive that it is a bad word. So wanted to make sure.
Thank you

Back