purple smartVP

I don't work for any VRS, if you want to make comments or suggest best is E mail them let them know what you wanted.

If nobody send in suggestion, then there is no reason for them to think of adding feature. If enough number of customers wants specific feature, they might add most wanted feature. Also, sometimes what we wanted may not be available for several reasons, like technical limitations, materials availability, who owns what features, cost of feature, and so on. Even on legal side they have to do hard research on any ideas that they got to see if there is patent for specific idea they got in their mind. One good example which I WISH goes out in the market. The guy I met and knew him back then and was good friend of mine. He invented and PATENTED the flasher for smartphone, Blackberry, etc for ringing or text alert. It actually works! I have played with prototype, Anyway due to investors issues going on, it was stalled and left on table. In other words, it is all about $$$ and who gets them. Long story about this one, however another company did come up with same idea and made attempt to market it. As soon as I release the patent # to them, they pulled their product soff the shelves fast and can not sell them.

I have heard plenty of good suggestions from many of you and outside of ADers, and even many of them which I would love to see but the reality is that some of them is next to impossible to develop at today level of technology, but maybe "Tomorrow" would be possible. One of famous feature that we wanted, can you guess what?

Oh you guessed it right!

Its Halo-phone, (Like semi invisible person sitting on small pad) can it happen today? I don't see how it is possible but tomorrow who knows?

You said about why not add Simplicity by Ultratec? Think about this, it is all about deals and agreements between two companies. I do not know why or exact what was going on but in order for any companies, really does not matter which kind of companies partnering up two or more companies with different products and services, they have to go though all agreement, who gets what, and how profit is going to divide, and so on. Perfect Example, AT&T may have partnered up with DishNET to offer three in one package like Internet, Satellite TV and telephone in one. AT&T can't just simply add DishNET so is vice versa. Both of them have to come up with agreement and money talks.

What if someone like me has a different model such as Simplicity by Ultratec? If it will not work with SmartVP, then it means that I have to get rid of them and get Sonic Alert, even though my system still works great. $$$

Last edited:
find that interesting discuss about the SmartVP. I got to say that is exciting but nothing thinking about the videophone and the service is the choice that person is looking for.

In past, we used to have one largest provider of telephone is similar today that going to our choice while the large provider is begging for mercy with the win-win.

In past, we were exciting about videophone but we were not happy about the different public ip address that keep changing number while the dial like regular number on videophone. Today, it seems they forgot about why they choose videophone over the TTY.

Now the SmartVP is about wireless and apps feature. Some people prefer have television in the living room. I do not know the quality but its did delivery HD like SVRs did the false states about the HD video?

So it will interesting because SmartVP is going be different for Sorenson again, customer is just easier to quit because they are afraid of changing...

Think about this, do you think VRS company regardless size can afford go beyond 3 minutes average? They watch their watch like Eagle and will adjust the demand over time. One whole month of minutes could yield in tune of millions dollars, who wants to risk losing millions of dollars?

You are damned right about this..

Hold your horse! I have seen people tend to blame the unit itself as core problem. Most of the time, the VP itself got nothing wrong with it. It is how the set up was made, and the condition of connection can make huge difference. How many videos are running. For instance, if you watch Netflix and chat on VP at same time, it can impact the VP video quality. All video stream has, and will always be #1 bandwidth HOG. Most ISP hates video stream than any other kinds of applications.

For instance, if you happen to get off air TV shows and you noticed poor video quality on TV, do you blame on TV firsthand? Nobody ever blames on TV itself, but antenna. Same concept, if you have lousy antenna and your TV will always sucks no matter how hard you try to tweak your TV.

Finally, it is STILL too early to tell if SmartVP is good or not for Deafies. We should wait about 2 years before knowing for sure.

This is the common myth that I see here and yup - you are right here. If I had a penny for everytime someone complains about their vp issues, I'd be rich by now.

In past, we were exciting about videophone but we were not happy about the different public ip address that keep changing number while the dial like regular number on videophone. Today, it seems they forgot about why they choose videophone over the TTY.

So it will interesting because SmartVP is going be different for Sorenson again, customer is just easier to quit because they are afraid of changing...

You are right about this --- but its a funny thing -- we tend to take things for granted ONCE we get it and still demand something better. I am not saying dont complain - I am just saying to be open to new things and try. What didnt work for you 2 years ago probably will work for you now. I can see ZVRS and purple giving sorenson a run for its money.

About minutes requirements, and all requirements that VRS companies have to follow can be found in FCC.gov website. For more information visit Home | FCC.gov

Hi members,
I am trying to assesment the sore members trying to vouch for SOREson and I suspect that the company try to monpoly over those small businesses. Why? they have the decieves, why not they work together with others. Not only that, I believe that SOREson tried to talk to F.C.C to shut down others so they can have the lurcative business. I usually am not involed in those matter, but that question angered me as the Purple Company gave the best qualified interpreters. Believe it or not I do use several agencies and the Purple proved that. If given a business call or such, I would never call SOREson unless to a call to a pizza establishment. I suspect that SOREson are very SORE to compete with the best interpreters thus they call F.C.C, forewarning, karma always will go back to them. If SOREson company closes down, I will not cry and beg as their interpenters really s*cks. That is my personal experience as if I really have to call SOREson, I would rather to go over to write and read than for them to translate. Period. I need the word to word to be translated properly. How would you feel if you lost in a case due to a bad interpreter who does not understand a such vocublary. I am not an idiot but I feel sorry for the lesser educated people which we need to help not to munilpiate them for money. I always respect the Purple company for their quality of service and could and can shut down SOREson company for the fraud and falisfy use the Purple company as a scrapegoat which angered me

^^^^ Who are you? You just made first post like that and this thread, there was not much talk about companies other than purple. If you really love purple, great! Why can't you at least make positive remarks about purple in this thread?

I think you are hiding yourself and not willing to admit who you work for.... Im having the feeling that maybe you are working for a competitors that hates Sorenson with passion and thats just personal.

ron2fishing -- apparently you know NOTHING about the VRS industry. You know that the terps worked for purple went to sorenson and terps for sorenson worked for purple. I am NOT talking about switching back and forth freely, but I am talking about the VRS industry just happens to use a pool of terps in the area where call centers are and the terps can leave and work for another agency that fits them the best. In reality you are using the EXACT same pool of terps that ALL the VRS's uses. Making statements like you did bad mouthing a particular VRS is NOT acceptable in my book.

Everyone is free to choose. Everyone can use whatever product and services that ALL VRS has to offer that fits THEM the best. Do not your use work for me or use my services only attitude. Your first post the way you did it is a great way to alienate the AD'ers.

Just saying.....

ron2fishing -- apparently you know NOTHING about the VRS industry. You know that the terps worked for purple went to sorenson and terps for sorenson worked for purple. I am NOT talking about switching back and forth freely, but I am talking about the VRS industry just happens to use a pool of terps in the area where call centers are and the terps can leave and work for another agency that fits them the best. In reality you are using the EXACT same pool of terps that ALL the VRS's uses. Making statements like you did bad mouthing a particular VRS is NOT acceptable in my book.

Having worked directly with many VRS interpreters, the general consensus is that if you leave Sorenson to go work for another VRS company, you are blacklisted from ever being allowed to go back to work for Sorenson again.

This isn't just some rumor.

If you know of any VRS interpreters that left Sorenson for another VRS provider and then were later hired back to Sorenson, I would be quite shocked, as this flies in the face of everything I've been told.

Oh really? Prove us please.

Having worked directly with many VRS interpreters, the general consensus is that if you leave Sorenson to go work for another VRS company, you are blacklisted from ever being allowed to go back to work for Sorenson again.

This isn't just some rumor.

If you know of any VRS interpreters that left Sorenson for another VRS provider and then were later hired back to Sorenson, I would be quite shocked, as this flies in the face of everything I've been told.

Oh really? Prove us please.

I am not an interpreter. I cannot provide direct testimony myself.

I am merely relating the _many_ tales I've been told by interpreting coworkers who were themselves told when they left that they cannot return to work for Sorenson.

You can take my word for it, or not. Check my previous posts if you really think I'm making anything up.

Perhaps some of the interpreters that frequent AllDeaf will see this post and comment on their own experience with Sorenson as an employer.

Well, I know that your claim was false. There are some cases where they can't return back to Sorenson because they violated the policy. Once one violates the policy, it is as good as dead. But if one left Sorenson with good term and happen to work for competitor at later time and yes I have actually seen them rehire them. That is why I have doubt with your claim.

Most of them who left Sorenson or any VRS companies (really does not matter which) with bad term, or violated the policy generally won't admit at all. Remember we all have bad apples at some point. For example, a former VRS employee who works for a company and always been late arriving work and got fired because of this, will that employee admit their fault? Or more of blaming on VRS company? While will that same VRS company willing to rehire that same employee? I don't think so.

There are always two sides of story behind.

I am not an interpreter. I cannot provide direct testimony myself.

I am merely relating the _many_ tales I've been told by interpreting coworkers who were themselves told when they left that they cannot return to work for Sorenson.

You can take my word for it, or not. Check my previous posts if you really think I'm making anything up.

Perhaps some of the interpreters that frequent AllDeaf will see this post and comment on their own experience with Sorenson as an employer.

Well, I know that your claim was false. There are some cases where they can't return back to Sorenson because they violated the policy. Once one violates the policy, it is as good as dead. But if one left Sorenson with good term and happen to work for competitor at later time and yes I have actually seen them rehire them. That is why I have doubt with your claim.

And you're right to question my claims, as they are second hand, particularly if you have counter-claims to the contrary.

On the other hand, yours is the first I've heard of interpreters being hired back after having left Sorenson to work for another VRS provider. As such, I'm wary of believing your claims as well.

Perhaps we can agree to disagree until actual first-person claims are related to the forum.

Most of them who left Sorenson or any VRS companies (really does not matter which) with bad term, or violated the policy generally won't admit at all. Remember we all have bad apples at some point. For example, a former VRS employee who works for a company and always been late arriving work and got fired because of this, will that employee admit their fault? Or more of blaming on VRS company? While will that same VRS company willing to rehire that same employee? I don't think so.

And that might be understandable. But the good many interpreters who have related this story to me were of the highest caliber of character that I would not question the claims they were making.

You would have me believe that all of the stories I have heard are from disgruntled employees let go for reasons they did not relate to me.

I'm sorry, I'm not buying that.

Indeed. I cannot wait for the interpreters to relate their side of the story on AllDeaf to refute your claims against their honor.

Until then, I will remain silent.

Also: this may not be the best thread for this discussion. Perhaps another thread is in order, so we don't hijack this one.

That would be wise decision.

I know few terps who actually made Relay companies thought they were doing superb job, gave them award for their outstanding work and got fired because they were found cheating the system. The only problem is, I don't know the name of terp, even if I know, I won't want to share the information anyway. So, would that terp willing to admit why they left VRS? I don't think so.

Even Deaf employees DO cheat the system, I have heard some stories but unable to verify however I can easily believe it because who wants to work with low pay? Not many people wants to work but gotta to work. This is one of reason why they were motivated to cheat the system. SAD!

I also know one story that happened to my old employer (I was there when this incident happened), not VRS but completely different company, anyway there was a security guard watching whole building. Security guards don't make much money these days. There was a 5 gallon water bottle in front of break room filled with coins and dollar bills, they were for those who were misfortune during holidays. Employees donate so that kids can get toys during x has. Anyway, one long weekend when that warehouse was closed (Thanksgiving weekend). That stupid dishonest security officer saw a 20 dollars bill on top of coins inside that 5 gallon water bottle. He got a length of tape, fold it so outside is sticky part. He put them into water bottle and got 20 dollars bill out successfully. Monday morning, he was called in office after 4 employees who does the inventory saw what he did and reported. Anyway, he was one of stupid IDIOT MOFO. Mind you, he was security officer and knows every cameras around the building. The camera was right above him and taped EVERYTHING. He saw the video of what he had done... He was terminated right at that spot. Do you think he would be willing to tell you why he left that company? I don't think so! I bet he would blame on that company for whatever excuse he comes up with. Anyway, that bottle was relocated to more secured area and locked at regular basis.

Im sure it applies to anyone even VRS, ITRS whatever.

Also: this may not be the best thread for this discussion. Perhaps another thread is in order, so we don't hijack this one.

That would be wise decision.

Wise or not, going silent doesn't mean I'm not going to respond.

I know few terps who actually made Relay companies thought they were doing superb job, gave them award for their outstanding work and got fired because they were found cheating the system. The only problem is, I don't know the name of terp, even if I know, I won't want to share the information anyway. So, would that terp willing to admit why they left VRS? I don't think so.

Sounds like your terp friends have the questionable ethics. That is unfortunate.

To my knowledge, my terp friends are beyond reproach from the questionable ethics you infer.

Life is too short to surround yourself with people with questionable ethics.

Even Deaf employees DO cheat the system, I have heard some stories but unable to verify however I can easily believe it because who wants to work with low pay? Not many people wants to work but gotta to work. This is one of reason why they were motivated to cheat the system. SAD!

Thankfully, I've not worked with anyone of that sort.

Also, thankfully, I've been lucky to work with a company with a strong ethics policy:

Code of Ethics - ZVRS

I also know one story that happened to my old employer (I was there when this incident happened), not VRS but completely different company

Parables are nice, but I'm not sure how this pertains to our errant discussion thread.

Im sure it applies to anyone even VRS, ITRS whatever.

So "bad people are bad everywhere". Got it.

Don't associate with bad people, or for employers that have a policy of hiring bad people. Done and done.

Not sure how any of this has anything to do with the thread "purple smartVP".

Please don't reply to this with another slander toward terps or TRS employees, as that does not pertain to this discussion thread. Start another thread instead.

So I personal PurpleVrs remove Canada is very reason against to PurpleVrs, we are numberous complaint, FCC is very strictly know fraud, Canada will secure not allow PurpleVrs. PurpleVrs is very upset for Canada people sadly, they investiage it. I reading comments, they rumors crappy nut. It is very serious complaint. I disagree to PurpleVrs is very not friendly support, disagreee Tax as so well I analyzed, no sense impossible, Canada will do arrange strictly against Fraud. Process.. strictly be careful watch out. implentation policy.. canada FCC know already file.

Canada back up information keep protect to amen law is very reason strict implentation won't spread mess. cause on defend to usa. cause on not affect to USA fraud.reason Canada found USA fraud VRS, Canada we know already investiage it research deaf community strong advise. we are implementation. we confidental

USA is TRS is very strong advise lots strictly strong advise alot issues problem bad things fraud,scammer worst future increase serious!! muplite number high risk! !

I suggest to you advise to enforcement law to Policy PurpleVrs is strictly level us more quality people have handle community more strictly cause rid on things!

Does SmartVP have 3-way calling or Energy saver? How flasher on SmartVP bright low or powerful?

I seen this as well... and no the terps are not my friends, I know their faces.
Its the same no matter where you go- you will find bad apples everywhere you go. You might be a great apples at other companies for years and then work at another and suddenly become a bad apple over one little thing. then you are gone. Like DIeehardbikers says - there are 2 sides to the stories and its up to you which one you prefer.

Terp aren't my friend at all. I just know bunch of them that is all.

Hey VRSEngineer, sure your company has strict ethic policy, congratulations... Same with the rest of companies regardless it is VRS or not. And what would happen when one of your employee broke the policy?

Having such policy does not make company immune to any ethical issues that may arise in future.

Last edited:
I got SmartVP,
must requires four power supply on wall !!! (smartVP are two, powerline are two for share wall), damnit media center is full two outlet

but NO WiF-i What??? few week ago, Rep told me SmartVP had Wi-Fi also Alldeaf topic said had WiFi, I check setting nope!!.. if SmartVP had Vi-Fi, that rid of powerline.

What SmartVP's top hole with cap (size five cent) for?

I saw SmartVP had YouTube, I check nope!!!, no add-on 3nd party software but AppletTV and GoogleTV had add-on too

I got SmartVP,
must requires four power supply on wall !!! (smartVP are two, powerline are two for share wall), damnit media center is full two outlet

but NO WiF-i What??? few week ago, Rep told me SmartVP had Wi-Fi also Alldeaf topic said had WiFi, I check setting nope!!.. if SmartVP had Vi-Fi, that rid of powerline.

What SmartVP's top hole with cap (size five cent) for?

I saw SmartVP had YouTube, I check nope!!!, no add-on 3nd party software but AppletTV and GoogleTV had add-on too

I thought that SmartVP have WiFi. TelyHD VP have Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n compatible). I don't understand why.

http://www.tely.com/wp-content/themes/tely-corp/images/pdf/telyHD-DataSheet.pdf

Back