Purple lousy IP relay local numbre registration

qwerty123

Reaction score
Purple filed FCC ask 6 month extesnion on ip relay with local numbre registration on Oct 27
http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/retrieve.cgi?native_or_pdf=pdf&id_document=7020243542

Purple filed again ask 30 day extesnion on Nov 9
http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/retrieve.cgi?native_or_pdf=pdf&id_document=7020347265

Purple take back waiver Nov 24 12 day after deadline
http://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/prod/ecfs/retrieve.cgi?native_or_pdf=pdf&id_document=7020350078

simple plain straight fact

QWERTY123. I think you need to stop this kind of behaviour. Abusing Purple, you freak sorenson guy!

Quote in PDF spreadsheet states --- This fact was convincingly shown at the Commission’s recent consumer workshop on relay numbering where it was reported that fewer than 20 percent of IP Relay users had registered. There are a number of reasons for the disparity between VRS and IP Text Relay Registration.

So it is not Purple's fault, in despite of our efforts and other IP relay efforts. Registration process had been slowly accepted by deaf IP users.

Last edited:
QWERTY123. I think you need to stop this kind of behaviour. Abusing Purple, you freak sorenson guy!

Quote in PDF spreadsheet states --- This fact was convincingly shown at the Commission’s recent consumer workshop on relay numbering where it was reported that fewer than 20 percent of IP Relay users had registered. There are a number of reasons for the disparity between VRS and IP Text Relay Registration.
So it is not Purple's fault, in despite of our efforts and other IP relay efforts. Registration process had been slowly accepted by deaf IP users.
x2

Posts are removed.

Once again, play nice and this is final warning.

Thank you.

Good point! x3

The IP numbering system is jammed now due to many deaf people waiting LAST MINUTE to get a 10 digit number ...

That is what happens when too many people wait the last minute. A huge bottleneck.

FCC have given plenty of time and plenty of extensions, time for VRS to do the job or get out of the business. Nov 12th 2009 was the day of reckoning.

FCC have given plenty of time and plenty of extensions, time for VRS to do the job or get out of the business. Nov 12th 2009 was the day of reckoning.

Probably thats where you got it all wrong! All VRS had been heavily promoted, educate and direct all IP relay users to register way head of time prior to Nov 12th deadline.

The fault lies on consumers not VRS providers. Now, all consumers got panicked after they had realized that they were unable to communicate via IP unless register forcefully after November 12th. AKA: No Register No IP.

Do your logic before posting

Again your'e still wrong. I work for Purple and many people came to me asking me why? I told them REGISTER REGISTER REGISTER, again and over again. This is not new to me.

'Oh' they said, 'I thought its for VRS but IP?' I said no matter, ALL are using relay services and relay service must register first to get real local phone numbers regardless of what device you have.

Customer's ignorance is NOT an option.

Moving on

Again your'e still wrong. I work for Purple and many people came to me asking me why? I told them REGISTER REGISTER REGISTER, again and over again. This is not new to me.

'Oh' they said, 'I thought its for VRS but IP?' I said no matter, ALL are using relay services and relay service must register first to get real local phone numbers regardless of what device you have.

Customer's ignorance is NOT an option.

Moving on
Registering is important to register the details of the person into the phone database.

No wonder Purple is going down the crapper !!!

Oh well, there is some new VRS companies coming up soon. 5 have requested FCC license to start VRS services.

No wonder Purple is going down the crapper !!!

Oh well, there is some new VRS companies coming up soon. 5 have requested FCC license to start VRS services.

Again? Too many VRS providers. Why? Almost VRS users dislike to add too many VRS in address book on the SVP200.

Hey Purple Guys! Thanks for sponsoring Alldeaf!

I hardly use "purple" reply. So, lot of time I use "OJO" vrs so far soo good. I do use Sorenson VP 200 once in a while but I use OJO so the most.

deafaussie has a very good point in his post. Customers still need to register no matter what their IP numbers shows. It still need to register to REAL local numbers. I am sure there are many people out there still haven't register their number yet.

qwerty, you still need to stop bashing Purple. It was not only Purple's fault but it can be others like ZVRS and SnapVRS who still haven't gotten the customers' numbers registered yet. I bet Sorenson (YOUR FAVORITE) doesn't want to take the blame for their mistake as well. So, stop blaming them for it. It is still the problems lies with customers who haven't registered their numbers. Geesh!:roll:

Many VRS FAILED to educate enough then ... And it shows...

Oh my god! it is clearly that you have shown ignorance! As far I am aware, Purple had directed us to educate our customers to register months and months ahead of time. Know what? Yes, it is true, Deaf people often shows ignorant attitude!

deafaussie, then why did FCC just gave a 4 month extension on the 800/866 numbering system ?

It is apparent you jump to conclusions so fast .. ( kinderkare level )

I had emails, notices, post cards, all sorts of reminders way in advance from Purple to register my number. There was even a notice on the HOVRS website. I did. It was FAST and easy since I did register in a timely manner. People waited waaayy too long to do it. Of course there will be a last minute glut of procrastinators.

Back