Puerto Rico: The 51st State?

Should Puerto Rico become the 51st State of the US?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
They were asked three times for statehood, each time the PR voters turned it down. I think they are fine with being a US citizen and be able to reap all the benefits as a U.S. citizen.

Also, Puerto Ricans can vote for delegates and send them to the Republican and the Democratic national conventions since every delegate vote does matter in a primary. Those are the party rules by allowing U.S. citizens to decide first in a nomination process. Each of the U.S territories (except for American Samoa, they are U.S. nationals, not U.S. citizens) carry various amount of delegate points. P.R. has the most. So, yeah, people of P.R. can vote/participate in the very beginning but not in November.

They were asked three times for statehood, each time the PR voters turned it down. I think they are fine with being a US citizen and be able to reap all the benefits as a U.S. citizen.

Also, Puerto Ricans can vote for delegates and send them to the Republican and the Democratic national conventions since every delegate vote does matter in a primary. Those are the party rules by allowing U.S. citizens to decide first in a nomination process. Each of the U.S territories (except for American Samoa, they are U.S. nationals, not U.S. citizens) carry various amount of delegate points. P.R. has the most. So, yeah, people of P.R. can vote/participate in the very beginning but not in November.

interesting stuff to know. :ty: for sharing.

Yeah. On top of that we'll be accused of imperialism. Though with 51 stars it'll look like a globe.

51starflag.jpg

800px-US_51_Star_possible_Flagsvg.png

I like this flag. Could that flag one day soon have 51 stars? No, I’m not talking about statehood for the District of Columbia. Most residents of D.C. desperately want to be an independent state.

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/51st_state

Monk wouldn't like to have 51st state, it's not even number! Stick with "50".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back