problems with military housing

Yes, living at military base (Government housing) cost you nothing. You don´t have to pay the rent and utilities EXCEPT phone and internet. You can live at private housing where the agreement contract with Housing Officer but you have to pay part of rent and utilities.

Yes, you're right! :)

garrison commander/csm should be able to straighten this out

I actually did. I called them a week after I turned in the paperwork and they told me that it was being reviewed I would be called in a week about it then I was told to contact EFMP. EFMP told me that it was all through housing and when I went back they told me that they would call me once things have been approved and it has been 3weeks now. I know that all of the forms are filled out completely so I just don't know if I should just wait longer or go to another avenue to get this done.

I like being a civilian now. I can always use the "i didn't understand that's how the chain worked excuse." I believe they have an open door policy anyway..."go straight to the top" is what one of my sergeants once told me if going through the chain didn't work in an acceptable amount of time. This is a definite no-go w/ how long this is taking. The garrison csm/commander is NOT the same as your hubby's unit commander. They oversee the particular mil. community y'all belong to. My friend went to the garrison commander since her soon to be ex didn't pay child support among some other things--even the chain he was linked to didn't straighten things out although it was a m.p. unit. Going to the garrison commander fixed things immediately for her. they're apparently not doing their job and someone is always accountable to someone in the military, so going str8 to the top will spare u time. plus u tried to work it through the system w/ their rules anyway to no avail...nothing wrong on your part. if your husband isn't deployed doesn't he have buddies with connections somewhere to get this "knocked out?"

I would recommend having your husband go to his First Seargent and work his way up the ranks to get this done. Have him explain all the problems with that and to emphasize that yours and your childs life are in the hands of the device. The hard part is the Army says they are all about the family but that is one of the biggest lies I have ever heard when I was in. I wish you luck.

Use American Disability Act (ADA) to your advantage.

Recently congress passed ADA to have more teeth. So use ADA as your powerhouse with issues.

People terrify when they hear its a law. If they challenge, ask them to look it up the website: ADA ada.gov Americans with Disabilities Act

Few cases where ADA (American Disability Act) and FHA (Fair Housing Act) are on disability's side
disabled tenants in military housing

More resources:
DisabilityInfo.gov: Disability related information and resources from the Federal Government

Good Link:
http://www.iccsafe.org/safety/accessibility/mazz-yanchulis.pdf

A PDF that discuss about American Disability Act (ADA) and Architectural Barriers Act (ABA). It has mentioned military residential and facilities apply to both law of ADA and ABA.

Use ADA or ABA as your advantage.

Hi everyone!!!! I just wanted to update you all to let you know that they finally installed the strobe lights in my house. My daughter got a kick out of it when my dh went to test it. Let me just say thank you for all of your support and suggestions. I really do appreciate it.

Patricia

Hi everyone!!!! I just wanted to update you all to let you know that they finally installed the strobe lights in my house. My daughter got a kick out of it when my dh went to test it. Let me just say thank you for all of your support and suggestions. I really do appreciate it.

Patricia

Awesome!

Patricia

Cool!!

Sorry.. what is dh? :D

Patricia

very good to hear! :cool2:

Back