Prince, The Singer, Dies At 57

You crack me up! I know what you mean, my famous saying, "drama" haha

Me and allycat were having a fine discussion.

With little drama.

She can handle herself, fully and confidently, I dot see a need for others to see things that are not here.
We were just chatting re different ideas regarding this thread.

No biggy

I am not fully accurate, it could be metaphor. Either about a break up of a relationship or the death of his father. Prince had a deep thinking mind.

I was shocked! I saw him in concert and have great memories of the Purple Rain era. I will always hold those moments with me :)
Someone said on the internet that, in the movie, His father beat him up because he was bisexual. Prince's purple rain was his eyes being purple and him crying (tears-rain). He wanted his father to be happy with who he is. I think you are right his father's death is the reason for writing his song.

Interesting...
He also danced on stage with James brown when he was ten.

I'm not sure why people where shocked at princes demise...
It's not like rock stars are strangers to addiction and such...
If what is being reported is true
The shock is he lasted as long as he did...

Well, Prince had a hip surgery done 6 years ago. I don't know how painful this condition is (that required surgery)
or if there was anything else that cause him to live in pain, but I know that sometimes the pain is so bad
the person in the heat of the moment will do anything to get rid of it or even just lessen, including being careless with
narcotic pain reliever. and opioids are very dangerous in this aspects that they suppress breathing.
since he suffered from flu, the circumstances were against him even more so. perhaps if not for the flu, this wouldn't happen.

Fuzzy

Well, Prince had a hip surgery done 6 years ago. I don't know how painful this condition is (that required surgery)
or if there was anything else that cause him to live in pain, but I know that sometimes the pain is so bad
the person in the heat of the moment will do anything to get rid of it or even just lessen, including being careless with
narcotic pain reliever. and opioids are very dangerous in this aspects that they suppress breathing.
since he suffered from flu, the circumstances were against him even more so. perhaps if not for the flu, this wouldn't happen.

Fuzzy
Shiela said he was in constant pain to wearing heels and jumping on stage, plus the hip surgery didnt help much and added to the pain.

No.. most people were probably shocked he died young... I don't think many people realized or even knew he was addicted to anything. I sure as hell didn't know he was using pain killers or had hip surgery. And no I'm not some person who was under a rock or something...ain't my business what he did or didn't do. That's the one thing I don't care for about fame...the fact that people feel like they have the right to delve into their private lives or even their public lives for that matter.

meh...

If this were true:
The shock is he lasted as long as he did...

a lot more would be dead by now. Interestingly people didn't pick apart David Bowie's habits/life and accepted his death at face value- cancer without trying to make more of it... there are a few rock stars and actors who did not indulge and still died young. There are also probably stars who are or were addicted who are still living- well into their 60s/70s.

Someone said on the internet that, in the movie, His father beat him up because he was bisexual. Prince's purple rain was his eyes being purple and him crying (tears-rain). He wanted his father to be happy with who he is. I think you are right his father's death is the reason for writing his song.

More likely about his father beating him up. I heard his dad abused him and his mom. Very sad story . He changed over the years converted to JW and started a new life.

Me and allycat were having a fine discussion.

With little drama.

She can handle herself, fully and confidently, I dot see a need for others to see things that are not here.
We were just chatting re different ideas regarding this thread.

No biggy

It was intended for Lau2046 and I even quoted him/her.

No.. most people were probably shocked he died young... I don't think many people realized or even knew he was addicted to anything. I sure as hell didn't know he was using pain killers or had hip surgery. And no I'm not some person who was under a rock or something...ain't my business what he did or didn't do. That's the one thing I don't care for about fame...the fact that people feel like they have the right to delve into their private lives or even their public lives for that matter.

meh...

If this were true:

a lot more would be dead by now. Interestingly people didn't pick apart David Bowie's habits/life and accepted his death at face value- cancer without trying to make more of it... there are a few rock stars and actors who did not indulge and still died young. There are also probably stars who are or were addicted who are still living- well into their 60s/70s.

Meh...

I dunno. For me it's almost a given if your. A Rock star of that era...the odds you were using hard drugs were are rather high (pun intended) but eh...

Im sure a bunch were celibate church goers too..

And all that.

As for me I'm not picking apart his life, perhaps it's more proper to state I'm picking apart his death.

Sure.

If they are going to change Niagara Falls to purple to remember him, and dominate the news feeds for days in remembrance, then I figure at least I can also swing in to the bargain....

Mainly because I Was, and that is past tense for any one who cares,I WAS addicted to the very same drugs he is reported to have been addicted too.

So

Thus I offer my opinions. Which are not arm chair..

As for Bowie plenty picked his life apart...few his death. Sure. Prob because the cause of his death was known even before he died to him and those who cared for him and his fans..he knew he was dying close to a year before...
This no mystery..thus no need to pick it apart..

Bowie wasn't drug addicted till the end either, and he actually spent allot of his time helping others to kick addiction.

For what it's worth.
Neither prince or Bowie are my cup of sake..

Last edited:
I don't think there is any comparison between the death of Bowie and Prince.
Prince died suddenly from unexplained reason, while Bowie passed away from cancer - no mystery here.

Fuzzy

Interesting that he song about an elevator in a famous song and was found dead in his very own
Mmmmm....

Strange times

I don't think there is any comparison between the death of Bowie and Prince.
Prince died suddenly from unexplained reason, while Bowie passed away from cancer - no mystery here.

Fuzzy

Maybe but it seems like not many people knew he was dying of cancer...it certainly wasn't in the news that much. So I would say Bowie's death was also a bit shocking.

TO each their own on our views....

It was known for those who cared about it that Bowie was dying...
I didn't know about it but I was never a Bowie kinda guy
So...

I believe he even gavean interview regarding his number being up
That's. Different thing then going down in your own elevator
Suddenly

Back