Prez AWOL Moron decides what deaf can watch (cc)

Cheanne

Reaction score
Anyone mention this yet? This is fucking outrageous. Basically, this article says the Dept. of Education has declared 200 programs inappropriate for cc, including faves like Law and Order, Scooby-Doo, etc.

what the fuck?

I have a question though, are the networks (ABC, CBS, etc) required by law to pay for cc? I know there are also sponsors like AT&T etc.

ABB 2004
(anyone but bush)

:repost: Someone already made a thread about Closed Caption Hon.:)

Cheri said:

But while i dont wanna read that entire thread, while they dont have to provide captioning, does that mean that there will no longer be captioning for those shows? If that is the case, then i'm all for raising hell, but if its just some jackasses saying "we dont feel the need to force these people to cc these programs" that is a different story.

Megladon, I was told it was an email rumor or online rumor.. We have not seen on tv or newspaper about cutting down closed caption.. So Really I am not postive sure about those channels.. :) We will know when it tells us on News Channel or NewsPaper about closed Caption:)

Cheri said:

Sorry for bringing this to the wrong thread, but since it is here...

It is being reported in the newspapers. The link I provided earlier, what the fuck is from the Palm Beach Post, so it's not just an internet rumor.

The article says the Dept. of Education will stop granting funds to cc 200 programs. That doesn't neccessarily mean cc is gone for good because networks cc their own programs, don't they, not to mention sponsors, etc. I hope so, but the other point is that who is Bush to decide what is appropriate tv viewing for the deaf community? He can shove his morals up his pathetic hemmorhoidic ass.

Well.. it is only ONE article I have heard or read in emails and forums from Palm Beach Post. What about CNN or USA Today?

according to WHAT newspaper?
Please tell me you didnt get those kind of "newspaper" that you find at the food mart, when you read such weird stories like the world's first baby with one eye, or the woman giving birth to a pig with a little horn on it and named him "oddball" (not the member, of course) and that Rosie O' Donnel is a lebsian...until later she mentioned that she is REALLY a lesbian anyway...but anyway, what about the REAL news? such as CNN, and if there are any serious issues like cutting down the CC, then CNN might mention about that. In the mean time, let's not jump into any conslutions until we can REALLY hear this from TV or the radio...sometimes the newspaper can be like the internet, copying "rumors" all the time but I doubt the news on TV show rumors unless they are true anyway...I'm still being patient, thinking that half a zillion of deaf people across the globe admired CC to watch ANYTHING on TV...comedy, drama, action/adventure, horror, and of course Education but Education CAN not be the only thing to be captioned! I dont think anyone would ever tell us which to watch and which NOT to watch because it disrespects us as an audience watching television. We pay for cable, we pay for electricity, and we pay taxes, and this is THE THANKS WE GET?? NO CC ANYMORE?? Don't get me wrong but I do know Bush's an asshole and he wont be having all his power to control televison because there are many many many other people who believes CC is helpful and simple towards Deaf and Hard of Hearing, but also for forgieners who wants to learn English and others who are about to turn deaf and can't hear things very well...and So Bush is already 50, and I know he's about to turn deaf someday, and if there were no CC that day, he would always ask his wife what the fuck those characters were saying on TV and then decided that he wants CC back on, and write a complaint to the future president, asking him to turn CC back on and then the future presiden would say "WTF?? you wanted CC off and now you wanted it BACK on?? aw pity you...no wonder everyone hates your guts!"

We still WILL get captioning even if the gov limits its own funding this fall to only educational programs. Why? Because there is still a law requiring the entertainment and media productions to get all of their shows and movies captioned by 2006.

Ehm, about Bush... I think others had also played a part in this cc funding. I am a democrat meaning I don't want republicans as President, but it is too easy to blame Bush for any problem. :|

Last edited:
Back