Prelude or Integra? and why?

Crazydawg69

Reaction score
Hey im thinking about gettin a little small import car so i can do alot with it. so post what u think its best? Honda Prelude or Acura Integra? and Why. thanks! :gpost:

gee, and I thought you like Toyota the best? :|

aw well...if you want my opinon, I think I would go with Honda, since I think they do make good prices on Honda cars...

oh i do...dont get me wrong..toyota is my #1 but i dont see anything i like..except Supra...which is Hard to find and exspensive. so i decided to do it with a small import cars. so ya know. im trying to make this as my carreer goal...to join a Nopi contest or Car shows.

dats cool...try Honda and see how it goes...

but I never heard of Acura, so if you like that more than Honda, then go for it.

If you wanted a brand NEW Honda Prelude or Acura Integra.....Sorry Honda stopped making brand-new versions of both cars for the US...

But why dont ya get either a Civic Si with the 160 hp VTEC motor or a Acura RSX (the car that replaced the Integra) if ya can afford one new....

Honda Civic Si:

http://www.hondacars.com/models/model_overview.asp?ModelName=Civic+Si&bhcp=1

Acura RSX:

http://www.acura.com/models/model_index.asp?module=rsx

However a Dodge Neon SRT-4 at $20,000 (same price as the Honda Civic Si) will kill both cars in a drag race when it is bone-stock (no extra parts and other mods). Right now the SRT-4 is going to kick the Honda's out of the streets since there is now loads of parts that can get a SRT-4 to whip out loads of horsepower up to 500 that can be bought at a Dodge parts counter....Only if you know how to drive a 5-speed stickshift......

http://www.dodge.com/srt-4/index.html?context=homepage&type=vehicleNav_vehicleImage

However for me....Honda and Toyota aint my cup o' tea since every time I own or drive one, I end up wreckin' 'em! So this is the best a Ford fan can get you this info on the Honda's

and oh one thing do me a favor dont get too far in the bag o' this
uncle%20ben's.jpg

for your Honda.....LOL!

Last edited:
Yea dont think i wanted an RSX type S...omg i would die for that. but the thing is too much money..i aint getting brand new one it going to be a loooonng time be4 i get anything new...maybe a new house but a car nah! anyway just seeing which one would get the most voted. Prelude or Integra. my opinion on Civic...sucks! sorry but from where im living all i see is mustang and Civic...thats all this town is about..and im sick of it! i want something different. so but thanks for the info i heard alot about those cars u listed. and if u know any RSX type S that sellin Cheap...GIVE ME A RING!!!!!!! lol thanks.

Do u even know anything about cars? i mean Acura is a Dealership. lol its cool no one has to know about cars. but thanks for the tips

Steel said:
dats cool...try Honda and see how it goes...

but I never heard of Acura, so if you like that more than Honda, then go for it.
thats who i was talkin to about...in the last post. sorry to confused anyone.

Crazydawg69 said:
thats who i was talkin to about...in the last post. sorry to confused anyone.
oh now I get it so 's okay...no biggie.

I would go for the Acura Integra for plentiful of engine swaps and aftermarket parts if u were going for it...Honda Prelude's great for low end torque, but it's a bit heavier....Acura Integra GS-R and Honda Prelude VTEC both have similar acceleration times, the only difference is the styling and engine sizes and weight of the car. BTW, I have a 1994 Honda Civic hatchback, the Acura Integra is based on civic subframe so engine and other components are interchangable.

I have a 2001 Honda Prelude

My 1996 Acura Integra got stolen in 2001, so i bought that prelude.

The Prelude costs more money, unless you are looking for an older prelude.

I like my prelude more because it is faster. An Integra LS/RS/SE/GS has 140hp. A GS-R has 170hp. a Integra Type-R (ITR) has 200hp.
The prelude's all have 195hp for the older one, and 200hp for the newer one. (1997 and up)

The Integra has VERY HIGH INSURANCE because it is the most stolen car per capita in the USA.
And yes it is true that the Integra is based off the honda civic. almost all parts in the integra are interswappable with the civic.
The prelude has somewhat high insurance but it isnt as bad as the integra...so keep that in mind.

if you want to learn more you can go to www.team-integra.net for the Integra, or www.preludeonline.com for the honda prelude.

ooh btw, did i allready say that i LOVE my prelude? :mrgreen:

ooh..and because some of you guys are confused....Honda makes Acura.
In USA its called Acura Integra....in Japan its called Honda Integra. Same with NSX...here its called Acura NSX but in japan its called Honda NSX

I never get tired of seeing souped up crx and de sol, even I am not big fan of rice burners.

JUST CARS JUST SUV JUST TRUCKS...

who needs specific car name of brand... Sit and DRIVE! Enjoy! :D

Back