Poston's ASL Class what do you think?

Hey poston this is Bob {Mod Edit: Surname removed in respect to privacy issues ~RR}
I posted on the: why ASL cannot credit as a foreign language? thread.
I said: I agree, Sign is a language and I don't see why it wouldn't required as a language, its how they communicate...
Ella's flashlight means a Deaf mute's search for Deafhood enlightenment.

Last edited by a moderator:
C-Muffin is Celeste {Mod Edit: Surname removed in respect to privacy issues ~RR}. Ella's Flashlight is just Ella, and she's letting people know that "Deaf-Mute" is acceptable to use, but mainly for deaf people. the flashlight is like the "light"...opening new doors for people, so they can understand the term and maybe modernizing the term.

I posted on the BIG???!!! on making a deaf baby.

hey..it's Sarah {Mod Edit: Surname removed in respect to privacy issues ~RR}...i posted my response but its not showing up there...sooo yah...i posted a comment on "Feelings About Cochlear Implants." i said that i wan't sure how i felt about getting the surgery...i also said that if a parent was debating whether or not to get the CI for their son/daughter, i said to wait until the child was old enough to decide if he or she would want the CI.....
oh yah...and ella's flashlight is a Deaf mute’s search for Deafhood enlightment.

hello mr. poston i have posted in the ? for deaf people form.
my name is chris {Mod Edit: Surname removed in respect to privacy issues ~RR}

and

spurs had a lucky break against the blazers

I'm Jake {Mod Edit: Surname removed in respect to privacy issues ~RR}... and I posted on the "why ASL cannot count as a foreign Language" thread... on that i said "I think Asl is a foreign language I mean thin about it, if your hearing you see deaf people all the time, and if your deaf there’s a community…. I mean there’s a French community and they call that a foreign language…community should= foreign language..:)"
Ella's Flashlight means..- The term deaf mutes that are proud to be called that..compared to others who are not......PS POSTON YOU GOIN DOWN IN NCAA.... San Jose STATE babie:)

Hi this is cameron

i posted on not credited foreign laguage and i said

I know that most colleges in washington say that ASL is a language but it can depend on the teachers that are teaching it if they are language certif. or they are just a teacher that can teach it. I have had some problems with colleges saying it's not but we were able to get that stuff worked out with the school.

and i said on the flashlight that deaf mute should not be said as mute but should be something a little better than mute because that just don't fit

I'm Mike {Mod Edit: Surname removed in respect to privacy issues ~RR} period 2
I posted on the "Just how disgraceful" thread.
On that thread I said,
I think it is sad and wrong that those kids could be so immature and mean about it. It is very rude and I don't think that they were raised right growing up.
Ella's Flashlight means... a site talking about being called deaf-mute to show people the word has no power against them.

This is Jackie {Mod Edit: Surname removed in respect to privacy issues ~RR}. I posted on "Just How Disgraceful" on that thread I said "I'm really sorry to hear that this happened. It's really sad for me to think of how uneducated some people can be. It's disappointing to know that there are actually parents out there that will allow there children to behave in such a manor. People can be so ignorant and disrespectful." Ella's flashlight is about using the term Deaf-mute

Hi im jordan {Mod Edit: Surname removed in respect to privacy issues ~RR}
I posted on hearing aids and cochlear implants-feelings on cochlear implants
this is what i said:

Originally Posted by Cheri
I don't mind those who wants a cochlear implants for themselves, but I don't believe parents should make a choice in implanting their children without their decision involves in this matter.

Hi I am currently a second year ASL student and as we have been learning about the cochlear implant I agree that the child should be able to choose because I believe they should be part of the community they were born to be in. Also if say a hearing couple did give their deaf child a cochlear implant I think the child could still learn sign and be deaf whenever they feel like it or the parents should learn sign.

Ella's flashlight is

sorry my computer shut down but the ella's flashlight clip isn't working but basically she explains that she is proud to be called deaf mute and that the sign for deaf mute has been used for a long time and that all Deaf people sign it proudly she says "it can be empowering to reclaim for themselves negative terms about that group."

Hey mr. posten, this is Jesse {Mod Edit: Surname removed in respect to privacy issues ~RR}. I commented on the "Hearing aids and Cochlear implants" thred. I watched ella's flashlight and It was kindof hard for me to follow but basically what I got out of it was that she was reclaiming the phrase "deaf-mute" she was calling herself that so that no one else could make fun of her. that's pretty much all that I got out of it. But that was also the just of it.

I commented on Hearing Aids and Cochlear implants.

-Chelsa{Mod Edit: Surname removed in respect to privacy issues ~RR}

yo poston im Carter {Mod Edit: Surname removed in respect to privacy issues ~RR}(you favorite student)

i posted in the " SSI over paid me thread

i basically just said that the government expects u to go out of your way to correct their mistake etc.. and that alot of hearing employers are mildly retarded. you know the usual. i said it much better on the thread see for yourself im not pasting it

this is brooke {Mod Edit: Surname removed in respect to privacy issues ~RR}
i did did both of these
Ask deaf people here and
For hearing to answer only: I am deaf and want to know why

the Ellas Flashlight thing she talking about how when you sign deaf it means can't hear, can't speek so all along when deaf people sign deaf there saying that they a deaf mute. She says that shes reclaim the term “Deaf mute".

Hey Mr.Poston its ashley {Mod Edit: Surname removed in respect to privacy issues ~RR}
I posted on "Deaf Schools"

this is what i sayed....."Well I'm hearing but if I was deaf I would look for another school to go to even if I would have to move to a different state. "

mr.poston i dont understand what are suppose to do, i dont think anyone else does eahter. i undersant that we need to post reply about the mainstream or deaf schools. but did u post it or did someone else?
THANKS
BROOKE

hey poston its zach! {Mod Edit: Surname removed in respect to privacy issues ~RR}
there is a post that i have been talking about with people and it mine, it called "big ?" on making a deaf baby", and its right under your thing here if u do the search.
anyway, there are some gegitive rplys and some positive ones. and i already introduced myself.

hey poston, i posted under "Feelings on Cochlear implants", and i was talking about how "if i ever had a kid that was deaf that i would get him/her chochlear implants just because i whant him/her to be able to do anything with there life such as go to the army. exc..."

hey, it's alexys...{Mod Edit: Surname removed in respect to privacy issues ~RR}
i posted on the Room for the HOH? thread
and i said "well this poses the question if hoh students dont do well in mainstream schools and dont do so well in the deaf schools... what would be better for them despite the negative points?"

i am not sure if we have to do this again for this week for the second time. but i did anyway.

Shawn- {Mod Edit: Surname removed in respect to privacy issues ~RR}
i posted in our world our culture

I am in poston's asl class. i am 18 and this forum is a really good experience and give a better insite into deaf culture than trying to read it in a book.
On the topic of being "deaf for a day" with ear plugs and all, i think this would be a good experience, the only problem is people coulod see that we couldn't hear. there are not really any tell tale signs if someone is deaf unless you watch them.

Foriegn languages- going to another country in relation to being deaf is a good example, but not entirly. you can still hear car horns and buzzers and announcements over intercoms, Shifting a car, ect... i understand the experiencing the frustration part but there are a lot of things that i can hear that tell me things and they are not speaking, just different sounds. eleminate those and spoken language, that's d/Deafness. i am not trying to say i know it all i am only a student learning sign, this is just my thoughts. any correction or insight would be much appriciated.

Back