Possible hearing loss

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
TOnight, at dinner table, my girlfriend asked her Mom to repeat few times. She is hearing with no hearing loss. She does have history of getting fluids in her ear, but she hasn't gotten any lately. She did go to concert last Sunday. You know the Paul Mc Cartney concert in Detroit. She said her ear was ringing after concert. She did have high fever last week, but is ok now.

Her Mom seemed a little worried that she asked to repeat the last few days. She figures that it would mostly be from concert.

My question is that if you ask other people to repeat few times in the last few days at a small dinner table at home, is there anything to worry about hearing loss?

Asking people to repeat themselves can be a sign of hearing loss. It would not hurt for your girlfriend to have her ears checked to see if there is any fluid or wax. If her hearing does not improve she should get a hearing test.

On a side note .....Everyone should wear hearing protection when going to a concert. You will notice most musicians nowadays wear hearing protection and you can bet Paul was. It is a shame more is not done to warn concert goers. Why they don't put a warning on concert tickets is beyond me. Why the concert promoters don't have to pay into a fund to help concert goers and musicians (not the superstar rock gods) who have damaged their hearing is also beyond me. Why do they have to play sooooo loud?? OK, off the soapbox I am beginning to sound like Andy Rooney, lol

The ringing in the ears after exposure to loud noise is a sign of possible damage to one's hearing.

hi people.

I think I'm having a hearing loss because I don't hear any sound at work.

oh wait.... silly me..... I forgot my HA.... oh dear me. I overreacted lol. :io:

hi people.

I think I'm having a hearing loss because I don't hear any sound at work.

oh wait.... silly me..... I forgot my HA.... oh dear me. I overreacted lol. :io:

Too funny! I've actually done that before and work was 45 minutes away! No going back for it. :deaf:

My girlfriend doesn't ask to repeat every day. Maybe once in awhile if it's a noisy situation. SHe can use her phone just fine.

Ringing was gone by Monday morning.

i am a 16 year old girl and i think that i have a hearing loss..im in the same boat your girlfriend is

Hearing Loss is one of the world's most common health problem. It is also one of the most ignored problems, and this is unfortunate because hearing loss and its many psychological side effects are treatable.

Back