Position opening up because of crimes?

dereksbicycles

Reaction score
Sometimes, I wonder how many positions at different occupations open up because someone was being put in jail. Maybe you had a wife beater or rapist working for you and you did not know about it. You only know about it after a crime was done. I sometimes wonder when position opens up. Were they opened up because the worker got in trouble with law. Therefore, a search has to be done to find a replacement.

It seems like we would never know because most work won't disclose why the last employer is no longer with them. I imagine it would make a business look bad if they hired people who got in trouble with law. Therefore if they know, prospective new employers would not want to be part of the hoopla.

Hopefully and presumably, the wife beaters and rapists are the exception to the rule and consequently rare.

I also think it depends on the job. Jobs that have fewer eligibility requirements tend to attract people with worse work and criminal records simply because those are the jobs that they can get.

When I was in college, I drove bus in the morning. It didn't pay much, and I often covered for another driver who was too drunk many mornings to come in. Yeah. Bus driver. 15 tons. Kids. :shock::shock: The problem is, who wants to pay a bus driver top dollar? So there's a serious dichotomy here because everyone wants their darling precious children to be nestled securely in the greatest of safety, but they want it for close to nothing. I grant you, that this fellow didn't last as long as I did (one semester), but it still makes you wonder. Most of the folks that did that job were retired or college students like me.

Wirelessly posted

CyberMike said:
Hopefully and presumably, the wife beaters and rapists are the exception to the rule and consequently rare.

I also think it depends on the job. Jobs that have fewer eligibility requirements tend to attract people with worse work and criminal records simply because those are the jobs that they can get.

When I was in college, I drove bus in the morning. It didn't pay much, and I often covered for another driver who was too drunk many mornings to come in. Yeah. Bus driver. 15 tons. Kids. :shock::shock: The problem is, who wants to pay a bus driver top dollar? So there's a serious dichotomy here because everyone wants their darling precious children to be nestled securely in the greatest of safety, but they want it for close to nothing. I grant you, that this fellow didn't last as long as I did (one semester), but it still makes you wonder. Most of the folks that did that job were retired or college students like me.

Usually they do not allow criminals drive school buses. Now I have seen my share of shady taxi drivers taht get cash daily.

Believe it or not, but as I was growing up, I had a bus driver that abused alcohol and got in accident with me on bus. Fortunately, it was a minor one. I would imagine and hope that rule has since changed. It was around 1984-1985 that I encountered this one.

Wirelessly posted

dereksbicycles said:
Believe it or not, but as I was growing up, I had a bus driver that abused alcohol and got in accident with me on bus. Fortunately, it was a minor one. I would imagine and hope that rule has since changed. It was around 1984-1985 that I encountered this one.

I have also seen on the news where school bus drivers get busted for driving drunk. I am sure once they are caught, they will not be allowed to drive a bus again.

Do they have seatbelts on school busses now and enforce no bullying rules?

When we first moved to SC the public school buses were driven by 16-year-old high school students.

When I was hired as health aide I did not have a background check done on me. Then some clients where having money and meds stolen from them by their health aides my company had a background check done on all the health aides . I had one client that had her eyes drops stolen by her last health aide but the woman did not see the health aide take the bottles so nothing was done to the health aide. So a health aide was able to get away with a crime as long their client did not see it and I thought that was wrong.
I am sure positions open up all the time because of a some stealing something from the job. If a person work in a grocery store and eat and food that had not been paid for they could lose their job. I someone that did this and another employee reported the guy and he was fired .

Wirelessly posted

Happens more than most are aware of sadly. I worked with a doctor at the hospital for the last 2 years. A few months ago he was arrested for attempted muder and stalking. Such a nice guy, never saw that coming.... you never do though...

Back