Poll: Support for Iraq war reaches new low

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pres. Clinton was not the only who did say that. I have read a post in the different forum a while ago. I think the post was written by a hardcore Libertarian who criticized harshly toward both parties on political issues. He also opposes Iraq war.

There are several quotes below.
Interesting!

I wonder if even Clinton remembers what he said? He seems to have conveniently forgotten his speech when he berates Bush for the war in Iraq. Oh, well.

So, was Clinton lying about WMD's, or was he misinformed, or what?

Perhap you remember that Clinton suggest Bush to wait until the UN inspections were over but Bush ignored it. Its not just Clinton´s suggestion but Bush also refused to listen UN and CIA as well.

Why Bush continue to send troops to Iraq when he KNEW the fact that Iraq had no WMD and didn´t have anything do with 9/11 instead of after Bin Laden?

:hmm:

Perhap you remember that Clinton suggest Bush to wait until the UN inspections were over but Bush ignored it. Its not just Clinton´s suggestion but Bush also refused to listen UN and CIA as well.
Perhaps you remember UN Resolution 1440 allowed the USA to take action?

SECURITY COUNCIL HOLDS IRAQ IN ‘MATERIAL BREACH’ OF DISARMAMENT OBLIGATIONS,

OFFERS FINAL CHANCE TO COMPLY, UNANIMOUSLY ADOPTING RESOLUTION 1441 (2002)​

SECURITY COUNCIL HOLDS IRAQ IN ‘MATERIAL BREACH’ OF DISARMAMENT OBLIGATIONS, OFFERS FINAL CHANCE TO COMPLY, UNANIMOUSLY ADOPTING RESOLUTION 1441 (2002)

Why Bush continue to send troops to Iraq when he KNEW the fact that Iraq had no WMD and didn´t have anything do with 9/11 instead of after Bin Laden?
No, he didn't know for a fact that Iraq had no WMD. Bush didn't know that, the UN countries didn't know that, no one knew that. How could they know? Saddam didn't let the inspectors freely search his country. That's the reason the UN voted against Saddam.

Clinton believed there were WMD in Iraq, and he said so in his speech. Did you read his speech?

Did you notice that she didn't deny the existence of WMD in Iraq?

"I totally support the international community's demand that Saddam's regime destroy weapons of mass destruction."

Did you notice that she also had other complaints?

"I disagree with the Administration's lack of effort in resolving the Israeli-Palestinian conflict."

"I disagree with the Administration's lack of policy on North Korea."

"I disagree with the Administration's policies on Unnecessary Curtailment of Rights in America."

She wasn't happy about a lot of things. She's entitled to her opinion, and if she wants to resign, that's her prerogative. But that doesn't prove there were no WMD. Even Mary believed that there were.

That link is a "Commentary":

1. A series of explanations or interpretations.
2. An expository treatise or series of annotations; an exegesis. Often used in the plural.
3. An apt explanation or illustration: a scandal that is a sad commentary on national politics.
4. A personal narrative; a memoir. Often used in the plural.

As you see, that means it is an opinion or analysis about facts but is not evidence.

That link posts Bush's quotations (which are facts, even though they are given without context)"Here's What Bush Said". They give "Reality" statements without attribution or reference. The biggest problem is "Bush's Claim" which gives their spin of his statements. If they posted Bush's quotations, why do we need the column "Bush's Claim"? Answer: because the author wants to put his own spin on the statement.

If the "facts" in "Reality" are true, why can't he include the sources? I'm not saying his "Reality" statements are incorrect; they're just not proven in that column.

BTW, did you read the disclaimer at the bottom of that link's page?

"Articles in the BuzzFlash Contributor section are posted as-is. Given the timeliness of some Contributor articles, BuzzFlash cannot verify or guarantee the accuracy of every word. We strive to correct inaccuracies when they are brought to our attention."

Even BuzzFlash admits that its information may not be accurate.

I'm getting to the point where I'm sick and tired of politicians on both sides of the aisle! At any rate, I think if the President would more frequently mention the positives of being in that country, he might fare better with the American public....

I'm getting to the point where I'm sick and tired of politicians on both sides of the aisle! At any rate, I think if the President would more frequently mention the positives of being in that country, he might fare better with the American public....

I concur.

I recently read the book that was written by a Libertarian author that one of the chapters indicates "A far scandal is that in his war against the Serbs, Clinton aided and abetted the spread of Islamic radicalism into the Balkans." Oh, dear! The chapter is quite interesting. Acutally, the book is pretty provocative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back