please help me, I need a career change

gab1430

Reaction score
I am a teacher and I am deaf, my deafness is not th ebiggest problem, the pressures that are put on us lately are taking me away, added to the fact that i am losing more of my good ear. Please give me some ideas of what I could do, I need to keep making 50k to keep up with my family spenses. Pressure doesnt help my ansiety disorder. it only gets owrse when i cant hear something in a conversation. I would like to become an accountant, or maybe start a business, but what? I know I sound crazy, i feel crazy just typing this.
I have a bachellor degree in lawbut being deaf, it doesnt help me much in the legal field.
A career counselor could guide me? I am lost, all i know is I dont want to teach anymore under the current circumstances in the state of Texas. Other teachers may understand what I am talking about.

Im sorry, and I can image trying to retain $50K/year revenue.

Going into panic isn't going to help. Been there done that and I know it is tough to get though.

BS degree in LAW? You may have advantage already. Why not contact NAD see what they got to offer. Please remember, you got BS degree you have far better advantage than you would image.

Im leaving ideas for other members for you. Maybe they got better idea, but do me favor leave that panic button alone since it only worsen your situation. Trust me on that one.

you a graduate that counts for alot..many people just want employ somebody with degree and dont matter what..what about i.t.or univercity libary others got better ideas than me

I am in the same boat...wish I could help you too. Been looking for similar help with no luck.

Back