Plans for Dec. 31st?

What happens in downtown Tampa on New Year's Eve?

There are massive gatherings around harbor docks in the bay area. A lot like a Caribbean carnival street party, but to be honest with you, I still think I'm crazy for even looking forward to it since I am almost another personality when I drink quite a bit! :giggle:

There are massive gatherings around harbor docks in the bay area. A lot like a Caribbean carnival street party, but to be honest with you, I still think I'm crazy for even looking forward to it since I am almost another personality when I drink quite a bit! :giggle:

Interesting scene.....well, I hope you don't go alone........

Don't quote me but I think Mew's gone to da motherland......Romania

I don't mean Navy Pier itself.... I'm referring to the Red Line. I have not ridden that line in a long time due to the dangers of riding it with people getting robbed or even murdered on the stairs. I'd much rather take the buses than have a gun pointed in my face demanding my phone. At least the buses are okay to use my phone on.

I agree. I would avoid Red Line at all cost in the late evening and Holidays. I know people who worked late and made other arrangements to avoid taking Red Line late in the evening.

I agree. I would avoid Red Line at all cost in the late evening and Holidays. I know people who worked late and made other arrangements to avoid taking Red Line late in the evening.

Yeah. That's why if I am planning on watching the fireworks, I can do that at the lake not far from my home. It's about a mile east of here, and those bright fireworks are visible for quite a ways, so I should be able to see them.

Hurray!! My phone and cable bills have been taken care of, and I'm good to go. Oddly enough, I find it easier to pay my cable bill on-line than to send in a check. Don't know why I didn't think of this before. Ah, well. At least I know it now :) I'm good for the next 30 days.

Last edited:
At a ski resort and I will be celebrating by watching musicals and Doctor Who all day. Our beverage choice? Juice, or tea for the celebration of 2014 :P

Back