Plane Crash At SF Int.

One item to point out: If the plane was off auto pilot, but the automatic throttle was still on, the pilot may have saved people's lives.

"There’s no evidence on the plane’s data recorder that the automatic throttle malfunctioned, Hersman said. That device on the Boeing 777 is designed to hold the speed and includes an emergency mode to prevent pilots from getting too slow. "

The plane gained two miles per hour in it's last seconds because of the pilots, this may have put the plane over the sea wall.

It goes without saying they should not have been in the position they were in, but, undoubtedly, the results would have been much different had they not cleared the sea wall.

a fire truck ran over her. terrible.

The fire truck killed one of the first 2 that died on the same day as the plane crash. The 3rd person that died a week later, has nothing to do with a fire truck.

The fire truck killed one of the first 2 that died on the same day as the plane crash. The 3rd person that died a week later, has nothing to do with a fire truck.

Has that been confirmed that the fire truck did one of the girl , as I have not heard this on the news yet.

Update

Will firefighter be charged after Asiana plane crash? - CNN.com

What do you think?

From my previous link;

One of the department's aircraft rescue and firefighting vehicles struck the girl while she was on the ground, possibly covered with firefighting foam being sprayed on and around the burning plane, the chief said.
Coroner: Rescue vehicle may have struck crash victim

The victim was found by the left wing, about 30 feet from the aircraft fuselage.
I wouldn't blame the driver since she might be covered with the foam so he didn't see her. I would blame another firefighter who sprayed the foam around/on her before the truck ran over her. I don't understand why first responders didn't see her before spraying the foam.

Last edited:
Back