Plan your celebration!!

I enjoy those GLBT pride events. Although sometimes it can go overboard!! That can sometimes give a bad image...

Too bad that I don't live in ATL anymore. I lived so close to Piedmont Park that I'd just walk to the parade and enjoy it!

Wonder if Huntsville, Alabama has one....?

YEA RIGHT!!!!! :)

EDIT:

WOW.... I just googled it. Apparently last year, we just had our FIRST one...

1st Annual Gay Pride Parade, Huntsville, AL « Sex Hysteria!

Gay Pride Parade in Huntsville?:laugh2: Man, the times they are a changin'!:lol:

I've been to Huntsville only once in my life and I remember there was literally a church on every street corner.

I've been to Huntsville only once in my life and I remember there was literally a church on every street corner.

Oh my gosh... it is so true. Especially for this one street. I counted 8 churches within a mile or two.

It kinda freaks me out.....

You mean you aren't marching in the parade to support your many gay and lesbian friends?

About 30 of them are hanging in the suite with me.....they say the parade is a gaggle and a tad of a freak show (sounds like DD7 has seen the same). They prefer to hang out and watch and hit the streets later. Pizza and beer....I'm in.

I read today that Old Navy is launching gay Pride T-shirts.

As for myself, am not going to celebrate as I was never aware June is gay pride month.

The coolest thing in Huntsville is the NASA center/Space Camp. That was awesome.

Really?? Why didn't you stop by? Huh?!!?! HUH?!!?!?

I was just thinking when I posted, "Wish I had known DD then!":giggle: Maybe I'll have to come back. Am trying to find time to get back to TN to see some old friends. Huntsville is just a hop, skip, and a jump away.

I was just thinking when I posted, "Wish I had known DD then!":giggle: Maybe I'll have to come back. Am trying to find time to get back to TN to see some old friends. Huntsville is just a hop, skip, and a jump away.

:) I moved here in May 2008, so it was semi-recently. Might've missed me! I would be happy to meet you. I wonder if we would still get into a debate in real life....

:) I moved here in May 2008, so it was semi-recently. Might've missed me! I would be happy to meet you. I wonder if we would still get into a debate in real life....

Yeah, it was before 08.

Probably!:giggle: Seems to be pretty much an innate part of our personalities.

I'll let you know when I'm headed that way! Maybe even get my son to come along.

I was asked to go to GLBT festival in Fire Island next month. I thanked her for this information but I had never been to any homosexual parade or festival before. I wouldn't be too comfortable going there myself alone unless my transgendered best friend comes along with me.

I got invited to go to a Pride Parade here in AR tomorrow in Conway. It will be myself, my ex-gf, her ex-gf and her ex-gf's friend. So it's 4 of us altogether.

:confused: You mean lesbian, gay, bisexual & transgender??

Back