Plan to leaving my country for a job...........

geekchick

Reaction score
Giddy everyone,
I'm not sure if I finish after my Bachelor of Design course by next year and do you think I should work somewhere in overseas for a year? There is heaps Graphic motion designer jobs somewhere in America and Europe to get some learning new experiences. One problem, it hard for me to leave my family and friends to the other country. I still can contact them through email, phone, and letters.
I hope you can leave me some tips.......

Hello GeekChick :wave:

You are not alone. I am one of them, too. I will be movin' back to Alaska this Saturday, Dec. 1st, because there's no job around here ( Iowa ). A friend of mine told me that there's one job waitin' for me in Alaska, so I am goin' for it. :)

Of course, I have my own pager, computer and VP ( videophone ) to keep in touch with my grown up children, family and friends. Maybe, I can take one week vacation from work to visit my children, family and friends next year or in 2009. :hmm: :D

I am sure you will be just fine. Just follow your dreams. ;)

If you have the privilage to move to another country do it. You might wonder the "what if's". If you there is a chance you can come back to your home country it will always be there. That's a big move to leave loved ones behind and lots to consider. If you have nothing holding you back from moving go for it and experience an adventure :) I sure hope it works out for you if there is job opportunites in these countries for you to have and live a good life go for it :) Do think a lot of the factors out before jumping into the big move. You can always write down the pros and cons on paper to give you a better insight or write in a journal and write in it if you do decide to move and write all about your new place and etc. Hope it helps have fun smile

I would do it for sure - plus even if it doesnt work out as planned it will still look on your resume' that you worked in the States or Europe for a year, but then moved back because it wasnt for you and leave it at that. And who knows once you've worked over seas for a year you may decide you like it, and greater opportunities will open up for you. Some companies pay nicely to employees who are willing to go work overseas. Some may even cover the moving expenses and first month's rent of an apartment. In the US its called a "relocation package". :D Take advantage of them where you can.

I would love work in London,England very much and i can getting close to my boyfriend what i wanted it!

but i havent discussion with my mom!

Hello GeekChick :wave:

You are not alone. I am one of them, too. I will be movin' back to Alaska this Saturday, Dec. 1st, because there's no job around here ( Iowa ). A friend of mine told me that there's one job waitin' for me in Alaska, so I am goin' for it. :)

Of course, I have my own pager, computer and VP ( videophone ) to keep in touch with my grown up children, family and friends. Maybe, I can take one week vacation from work to visit my children, family and friends next year or in 2009. :hmm: :D

I am sure you will be just fine. Just follow your dreams. ;)
Giddy Maria,
Thank you for tips, i have been talked to my family about work somewhere in oversea for a year. They were shocked because i close to my families and friends. I really don't know how to explain to them but i know they will be support me if i leave my country for work somewhere else.
You are very lucky because your family and friends is support you.
Cheers,
Geekchick

I would do it for sure - plus even if it doesnt work out as planned it will still look on your resume' that you worked in the States or Europe for a year, but then moved back because it wasnt for you and leave it at that. And who knows once you've worked over seas for a year you may decide you like it, and greater opportunities will open up for you. Some companies pay nicely to employees who are willing to go work overseas. Some may even cover the moving expenses and first month's rent of an apartment. In the US its called a "relocation package". :D Take advantage of them where you can.

Giddy dixie,
Thank you, i will written down that you gave me some important tips like "relocation package". My Resume is looks fine included electrical profolio through flash action script for interview/ email.
I know some area in Asia and some in Europe because of low wages.
Thanks you,
Geekchick

Back