Phonak Naida Q SP/UP and RIC officially out now!

Reading more about the partnership between advanced bionics and Phonak has me reconsidering cochlear as the CI brand I would choose.
But, would the new AB implant work with an older Phonak hearing aid or would I have to get a new hearing aid in the contralateral ear?

From my understanding you would need the new Q SP or UPs coz the AB processor has things like DuoPhone and speech in wind which wouldn't work with the older Naidas as they both need bilateral linking. As you have the Cores, you would'nt be able to use UltraZoom as well and I believe there is sterozoom on there as well but not 100% sure without looking.

There leaflets are saying they will add more features over time to the AB processor that are already on the new Naida Qs as well.

From my understanding you would need the new Q SP or UPs coz the AB processor has things like DuoPhone and speech in wind which wouldn't work with the older Naidas as they both need bilateral linking. As you have the Cores, you would'nt be able to use UltraZoom as well and I believe there is sterozoom on there as well but not 100% sure without looking.

There leaflets are saying they will add more features over time to the AB processor that are already on the new Naida Qs as well.

Isn't there duophone on the spice plus?

Oh okay, because I am indeed getting the Naida S IXs, so that will be the same.. I'm really excited to try that out next Friday when I get them, because I've always been able to just get by on the phone in my right ear, but never hear anything on the phone unaided out of my left ear, so we'll see how that works out!!!:D

This all just seems like a way to prioritize money.
Most people who have Naidia Sp or Up are cochlear implant candidates and very few have the Q level.

But the integration of technology is so awesome and slick. I'm almost glad that my insurance doesn't cover CIs anymore.

The new names are basically
Core .................. Spice Plus ............ Quest
......................... Naida S I SP/UP ... Naida Q30 SP/UP
Naida III SP/UP .. Naida S III SP/UP . Naida Q50 SP/UP
Naida V SP/UP ... Naida S V SP/UP ... Naida Q70 SP/UP
Naida IX SP/UP .. Naida S IX SP/UP . Naida Q90 SP/UP

This all just seems like a way to prioritize money.
Most people who have Naidia Sp or Up are cochlear implant candidates and very few have the Q level.

But the integration of technology is so awesome and slick. I'm almost glad that my insurance doesn't cover CIs anymore.

The Naida Q has only just come out in the US or will be in one week.

Once it's out, more and more people will get the Naida Q as that would be the latest generation of Naidas.

It's all about money to them tho which is a shame.

Oh okay, because I am indeed getting the Naida S IXs, so that will be the same.. I'm really excited to try that out next Friday when I get them, because I've always been able to just get by on the phone in my right ear, but never hear anything on the phone unaided out of my left ear, so we'll see how that works out!!!:D

The DuoPhone has its disadvantages and advantages, some people find it annoying as its cuts out all the time, some get on well with it as well.

Would the Naida Q not interest you with all the neat new features the Naida S IX doesn't have?

Chasing tech is silly expensive.

In A Cloud is not having the pay any different between the spice plus and quest. She got the spice plus only last week and her Audi has communicated with her about the new quest so is allowed to change them over for free ie no extra money paid.

If you have the core or spice plus and wouldn't be upgrading now anyway, then there isn't any point in shelling out lots of money just to get new tech but I would of thought all audis would of let people who are just about to buy the spice plus know, that it won't be classed as the latest tech in like a weeks time. To me, that's being honest like In A Cloud Audi has done.

The new Phonak FMs, now do the Naida UP intrgated receivers in red which is totally gutting. Had to get black receivers with my red Naidas only 6 months ago.

If you look at the profile picture on my profile, those are RICs.

I wonder what RIC's are?

RIC aids make a super small BTE aid as the receiver is in the ear. The Naida RIC with super power receiver is not as powerful as the Naida UP. I'm not sure if there is any RIC aids as powerful as the UP aids.

RIC aids make a super small BTE aid as the receiver is in the ear. The Naida RIC with super power receiver is not as powerful as the Naida UP. I'm not sure if there is any RIC aids as powerful as the UP aids.

Even if there was, it would probably whistle like crazy!! My left one is maxed out right now and if I put my hand within 5 inches of my ear it starts whistling. (And I'm still not getting much benefit from that one) :roll:

Even if there was, it would probably whistle like crazy!! My left one is maxed out right now and if I put my hand within 5 inches of my ear it starts whistling. (And I'm still not getting much benefit from that one) :roll:

It's very common if you put your hands near yours ears for them to whistle.

I can't wear hats or wear my hair down coz I get feedback but I've learnt to deal with it.

Back