Phonak are releasing new hearing aid!

NaidaUP

Reaction score
This is off the Spice Chip but called the Quest and has a Bolero and Virto (I think) in a Q90/70/50 levels. These will replace the Ambra (Q90), Solana (Q70), Cassia (Q50). The Bolero is the BTE model, Virto is ITE. RIC will be released sometime next year at/around AAA (first week of April). The Q90 has auto StereoZoom and Auto ZoomControl. Also, all models will have DuoPhone capabilities. The Q70 will have StereoZoom, accessible through the MB it looks like. Plus, the Nano CIC has a Remote that looks like one of those small LED flashlights (minus the flashlight part) that fits on a keychain to access volume and memories.

One other addition is a remote-mic (like the ReSound mini-mic) that has a minimum 60ft range and also has a volume control on it.

Exciting things are afoot at Phonak...

(Info I found from another website :))

I am looking forward to getting the remote mic. With all the meetings I attend, I need something like this!

As far as I'm aware, nothing will be replacing the Naidas with the amount of power. I'm not really after more features just more water resistant rating.

I'm looking forward to where I can get an aid that has a much power as the Naida UP but have the same water resistant rating as the h2o aids like the ambra m.

I have an FM system for meetings, I don't find it as good as when you are only concentrating on one person. So far I only use it for when I communicating one to one.

Meetings I use a lip speaker funded my something called access to work in the UK.

I wonder if this is why that dumb audi was trying to push those Ambra's on me, that weren't nearly powerful enough for my loss. Trying to get rid of phonak stock on soon to be obsolete hearing aids maybe?

I wonder if this is why that dumb audi was trying to push those Ambra's on me, that weren't nearly powerful enough for my loss. Trying to get rid of phonak stock on soon to be obsolete hearing aids maybe?

Could be right there :/ Are you wearing 2 Naidas now? :)

Just had a look at the SPL for the Ambra SP and Naida UP.
The Ambra SP is 135db and Naida UP is 144db. That's a huge different in power. When you are profoundly deaf, every DB counts.
Crazy some Audi would do that :/

I'm loving my new ones! I'm hearing so many new things!! I still have some minor issues hearing in certain situations but honestly there isn't much that can be done. Noisy echo type situations to be exact. I do still have trouble hearing my son in the back seat while driving but that's because he's very quiet unless he's excited.

Yes I am, and I noticed a HUGE difference in being able to hear with the Naidas UP vs the Ambras!!!

Cool, that's good.

My left is 109db and can't hear much speech at all but when I wear it with my right, I notice a huge different in when I just wear one.

Glad it's working for you :)

curious what kind of naidas up do you guys have.

How do you explain to audiologist when you sit down and watch the program on computer you see three bars when audiologist adjusts the sound. so i wish I could do it myself to listen which is better. audiolgist seems to be in hurry sometimes you know. i told her that i wish i could borrow the software program so i can adjust it to myself.

Cool, that's good.

My left is 109db and can't hear much speech at all but when I wear it with my right, I notice a huge different in when I just wear one.

Glad it's working for you :)

I think it's awesome that you benefit so much from wearing both. I find if I wear both it just makes it harder because I hear even more noise. Both my aids are just noisy. The only time I don't mind my hearing aids is when I'm by myself in my house and I'm reading or something :) hahaha lol

Can you post the link for this? Do you know if it has more channels than the current models? I would get it for the power increase, but a real difference in sound really has to come from a channel increase.

VacationGuy - If you are wearing the Naidas then nothing will be replacing the Naidas for the same amount of power :/

I think it's awesome that you benefit so much from wearing both. I find if I wear both it just makes it harder because I hear even more noise. Both my aids are just noisy. The only time I don't mind my hearing aids is when I'm by myself in my house and I'm reading or something :) hahaha lol

Oh yes I notice a huge benefit. Sometimes I do mute my left HA to help me understand better in noise. But I don't do that often.

Have an Audi app next week and I'm thinking about have quicksync activated but still not 100% sure.

How do you find it now your HAs don't communicate with each other? Would you rather have them communicate or do you find being able to just change one, good?

If I do have quicksync activated then it will be the first time my HAs have linked together.

Can't decide! The only time I touch my program button is to mute my HAs.
I never touch my volume and I don't have any other program's :)

curious what kind of naidas up do you guys have.

How do you explain to audiologist when you sit down and watch the program on computer you see three bars when audiologist adjusts the sound. so i wish I could do it myself to listen which is better. audiolgist seems to be in hurry sometimes you know. i told her that i wish i could borrow the software program so i can adjust it to myself.

I have Naida S III UPs and Naida S V UPs but I don't notice any improvement between the IIIs and Vs. my speech scores are still the same with the 2.

I believe LoveZebras has the Vs but not the spice ones.

Can you post the link for this? Do you know if it has more channels than the current models? I would get it for the power increase, but a real difference in sound really has to come from a channel increase.

It looks like the entry model will have 12 channels instead of the 6 with Naida S IIIs but the mid range model and top end model will have the same number of channels as naida with 12 and 20, respectively.

I got the information from the following documents:
Naida

Bolero

It looks like the entry model will have 12 channels instead of the 6 with Naida S IIIs but the mid range model and top end model will have the same number of channels as naida with 12 and 20, respectively.

I got the information from the following documents:
Naida

Bolero

That looks interesting but the new super power aid is still not as powerful as the Naida SP or UP.

And it's only the M aid that has good water resistant rating. Why can't they do the most powerful?

I have Naida S III UPs and Naida S V UPs but I don't notice any improvement between the IIIs and Vs. my speech scores are still the same with the 2.

I believe LoveZebras has the Vs but not the spice ones.

I have V now. I don't have any comparison though. I grew up having phonak then switched to otican then went back to phonak again. But I had zeith when i was 2 yrs thru someof age 7 or so before I got BTE.

I m more comfortable with phonak now than otican but i am not satisfied one sound that needs to be adjusted. I dont feel like going back to audiologist again. :roll: maybe in jan. :lol: Just one sound that nees to turn it down something with high pitch. :dunno2:

I have V now. I don't have any comparison though. I grew up having phonak then switched to otican then went back to phonak again. But I had zeith when i was 2 yrs thru someof age 7 or so before I got BTE.

I m more comfortable with phonak now than otican but i am not satisfied one sound that needs to be adjusted. I dont feel like going back to audiologist again. :roll: maybe in jan. :lol: Just one sound that nees to turn it down something with high pitch. :dunno2:

Fair enough. Me personally I would go back to Audi before Xmas if you had time. That's good that you like the Phonak sound. I'm not sure if I hae compression I believe I do. I've had phonak all my life apart from my first body worn HAs.

Back