PETA at it again

ravensteve1961

Reaction score
This time they're taking on fishing, particularly the Bassmasters.
PITTSBURGH — The Citgo Bassmaster Classic, sometimes known as the Super Bowl of fishing tournaments, will be held this weekend on the three rivers.
A billboard that just went up south of here on Route 51 isn't part of the promotional effort. It's a digitally altered depiction of a dog being yanked by a hook in its mouth.
"If you wouldn't do this to a dog, why do it to a fish?" asks the billboard, funded by the Fish Empathy Project. That is a campaign launched last fall by People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA), stepping up earlier anti-fishing efforts.

PETA at it again

Mr. RavenSteve1961,

PETA may interprete that any fish can be relating to any aquari mammels, such as whales, dolphins, seals, etc.

I have a question for you. What will you do if you finally caught something very big fish...isn't that a mermaid? Would you butch her and cook the mermaid breast?

PETA are nuts. Regardless of your views on animal rights, they are far too beligerent and radical to have any self respecting member of society support them. I've been to several of their protests, I've seen their videos, and I've talked with several close friends who support PETA. I heard a story last week of how at a protest, a member pushed an old woman down who was wearing a fur coat and proceeded to yell at her while she was down on the ground. Now that woman will never be open to hear his views. We've all seen it on tv, the staged deaths, the throwing of blood on fur coats. Just downright beligerent. I don't think they should be supported by anyone who claims to be civil and respectable.

cental34 said:
PETA are nuts. Regardless of your views on animal rights, they are far too beligerent and radical to have any self respecting member of society support them. I've been to several of their protests, I've seen their videos, and I've talked with several close friends who support PETA. I heard a story last week of how at a protest, a member pushed an old woman down who was wearing a fur coat and proceeded to yell at her while she was down on the ground. Now that woman will never be open to hear his views. We've all seen it on tv, the staged deaths, the throwing of blood on fur coats. Just downright beligerent. I don't think they should be supported by anyone who claims to be civil and respectable.

:werd:

I am one who has seen their antics as it's covered on our nightly news. I'm also a self admitted supporter of animal research. This is so for personal reasons. However, I also feel and believe that abuse does go on in research facilities. Unfortunately, you have to take the good with the bad. But, it doesn't matter what my position is on the issue. A person affliated with PETA would be hard-pressed to sway me to their way of thinking due to the tactics they employ in trying to get their point of view across.

Oceanbreeze said:
A person affliated with PETA would be hard-pressed to sway me to their way of thinking due to the tactics they employ in trying to get their point of view across.

I'm no animal rights person, but they completely lost it for me with their 'kill it or set it free' stance.

I have two parrots that are endangered. PETA would rather that they be killed than kept as pets. Anyone who can't see this as insanely self contradictory needs help.

brianb

bigdaddyb said:
I'm no animal rights person, but they completely lost it for me with their 'kill it or set it free' stance.

I have two parrots that are endangered. PETA would rather that they be killed than kept as pets. Anyone who can't see this as insanely self contradictory needs help.

brianb

I agree. Keeping endangered animals as pets is controversial, but I understand what you are saying. We also bred and raised exotic birds for awhile.

I hear you!

Cows= Are for beef for us to eat and milk to drink
Pigs=Are for pork for us to eat
Chickens=Are for us to eat and eggs that comes outta them
Fish=Are for us to eat

So PETA Can Protect Dogs,Cats,Birds NOT FOWL And Horses.

ravensteve1961 said:
Fish=Are for us to eat

That all depends on your views. I'm friends with a countless number of vegetarians and even vegans.

the throwing of blood on fur coats. Just downright beligerent. I don't think they should be supported by anyone who claims to be civil and respectable.
Ditto, PETA is extreme!!!!!
Actually, did you know that fur coats are a GOOD thing? Not fur ranches but wild fur helps support indigious Native American communities, b/c they are the ones who do all the trapping. If I ever bought a fur coat I would buy wild not ranch!

cental34 said:
That all depends on your views. I'm friends with a countless number of vegetarians and even vegans.

Right. It does depend on our own views. We are all entitled to our own opinions about this.

PETA has a message they are trying to send, and that's all good and well. More power to them. It's not the message they are sending that is offensive, but how it's delivered that bothers most of us.

ravensteve1961 said:
Fish=Are for us to eat

That wouldn't fly. If you are trying to change opinion, you can't just up and choose what is okay and what is not. If PETA did that, they would be nothing more than a bunch of hypocrites. That's not what people are upset about. People are offended by the way the message is being delivered. Throwing fake blood (or real blood, for that matter) at someone wearing a fur is not the way to educate that person. You don't humiliate a person over to your way of thinking. You educate them, and then, let them decide for themselves! Then, if they choose to stick with their beliefs, you accept it and move on. Badgering someone isn't going to solve a fuckin' thing. It will just piss people off, and nobody wins. PETA loses another supporter, and the person loses out on the chance of potentially becoming more compassionate towards animals.

GOD put animals on earth to eat! like these.
a005car.gif
cozinheiro08.gif
01_chicken.gif

Back