Perforated eardrum

Nothingless

Reaction score
Any advice for dealing with one, besides the obvious (go to doctor, which I will in the next week or so)

Keep water out of the ear. If it's a small perforation, it may heal itself, but do go see an ENT (they have better equipment for looking at the ear drum than your regular doctor) to have it looked at.

The only one I can think of is to yell OUCH! I am sorry to hear you had that happen , my niece did when she was a little girl and she had to go the doctor right way. I would not want give any advice b/c it could made it worst for you.

Keep water out of the ear. If it's a small perforation, it may heal itself, but do go see an ENT (they have better equipment for looking at the ear drum than your regular doctor) to have it looked at.

I agree with this. Keep all water out of the ear to avoid possible middle ear infections. Small perforations can heal themselves sometimes, unless you have negative pressure causing it like I do with mine. Your doctor will discuss options with you regarding treatment.

Painful!...good advise all the way around to always keep water out of your ears.

That seems to be the consensus. I'm keeping things dry until I can go to doc. In the meanwhile I'm familiarizing myself with the difference between what it means to be moderate-severe HOH, and severe-profound. The difference is well.. profound.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using AllDeaf App mobile app

Leave it alone altogether..did you have any infections most perforation can give relief and heal well but see doc
how your ear rr you had bad infection,you feeling better

Leave it alone altogether..did you have any infections most perforation can give relief and heal well but see doc
how your ear rr you had bad infection,you feeling better

Thks Caz....the left ear is doing well...the right ear has some infection, so I have to see the ENT every 2 months now.

it must be pissing you off chronic infection,have they got right anti biotic or they trying different ones cocktail. would gromit help..i understand it going out of fashion but do help many.
constant pain so depressing I got the hand problems you the ear.have paint smile on face for the kids is it like that for you

Back