People Wanting to Go Deaf?

I thought it had to do with some sort of weird personailty defect. Like their parents didn't really pay all that much attention to them, so they glom onto something that they feel would make them special and stand out, so they would get lots and lots of attention.
And this isn't seen with just dhh either....you see it with the spectrum of disabilty.

I learned about deaf wannabe about a month ago and one guy put super glue on his eardrums and bought Hella strong ha so he can still hear when he was out.... but he also had another blog about cutting off his little toes for a thrill.... crazy people. Here are deaf people drilling holes in their heads to hear and hearing people destroying their perfect hearing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AllDeaf App mobile app

Reba gave me thought when mention passive aggression.i Deaf husband laten deaf and hearing aid would sort it out he will not use it .We do have certain problems and I can understand why he would cut off yet same time he misses little things.i don't wear mine accept for certain things but different reasons.obviously I would not expect him wear all the time but life be better if he did but who for me or him.i not sure if he selected to be deaf or do not want to listen bit of both I suspect sometimes I understand although deaf I do listen big difference.He deprives himself of daily noise misses bits conversations and it annoying e.g my son on radio last week husband not wear Ha so he don't hear full thing properly when he can do something but I never will for myself.For some it form of running away and or passive aggression.I got transcript of program but been nice if he tried make little effort to hear full show
definatly many medical papers on subject..My friend went to deaf school and some kids there with psychological deafness they not popular..
in my nursing days I met chap who had psychological blindness but every so often you see him actively look at something for second then back to blindness.
People so complicated proberly think complications go if don't hear or see them,if only life that simple

T

"Originally Posted by AlleyCat View Post
I think he knows it would have hurt."

Really ?? No sweat ! I know that ! I was just saying I KNOW HOW MUCH IT HURTS! :roll:

I learned about deaf wannabe about a month ago and one guy put super glue on his eardrums and bought Hella strong ha so he can still hear when he was out.... but he also had another blog about cutting off his little toes for a thrill.... crazy people. Here are deaf people drilling holes in their heads to hear and hearing people destroying their perfect hearing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using AllDeaf App mobile app

That's crazy... :jaw:

Being totally deaf does NOT always equal total silence. I am completely deaf but like a lot of us here suffer from extreme tinnitus. Trying to fall asleep is extremely difficult for me because the tinnitus is extremely loud. These people wanting to make themselves deaf just because a neighbor is loud.....OMG!!!! Like Botti mentioned...must be mentally ill.

I slept so much better when I was hearing, use ear plugs or sound machines to drown out the noise.

Not too long ago I watched a program where a lady put Draino in her eyes to make her blind.

She wasn't talking about you... there's a difference between wishful thinking and the action.

Your emotions is bothersome to some of the members here. Try to have some positive news and stories, I don't think most of us wants to read those depressing or disturbing posts/threads.

"Originally Posted by AlleyCat View Post
I think he knows it would have hurt."

Really ?? No sweat ! I know that ! I was just saying I KNOW HOW MUCH IT HURTS! :roll:

She wasn't talking about you... there's a difference between wishful thinking and the action.

Your emotions is bothersome to some of the members here. Try to have some positive news and stories, I don't think most of us wants to read those depressing or disturbing posts/threads.

I do post positive news and stories but this doesn't matter to some people here! They'll complain about anything I post !

I do post positive news and stories but this doesn't matter to some people here! They'll complain about anything I post !
They're not complaining. They're just noticing that there are far more negative/sad/depressing news/stories than positive stories lately from you. The irony is that you say you hate even reading/seeing bad/depressing news all the time yet you still post them. If you feel that way, let other members post since these stories seem to really get your emotions rather high.

I second DeafDucky. I have to add that one trait I find irritating is that you, whatdidyousay!, tend to jump to conclusions and have an attitude that you know everything and that everyone else is wrong.

Try to think of it this way, would you like to have a conversation with someone who keeps telling you that you're wrong and won't even let you explain your side of the story? It just becomes one-sided and not fun at all.

Ditto! That's just sick. Angel, was she successful?

Yes she was but she was in a ton of pain and her eyes wouldn't stop tearing down her face. She was so happy to be blind but was unhappy with how much it hurt.

My sister told me that she wants to be deaf and able to collect SSI so I told her - no way... I told her that her life will be miserable if she's deaf and it could pressure her to receive CI via painful surgery. She was frustrated about unable to find job for 2 years.

Listen, no one is complaining about your post here... I had to address this because your post had disturbing details about fireworks. I had to point out that there is difference in wishful thinking and action. I'm certain that no one here wants to read disturbing experiences you or anyone else here post about the accidents or whatnot. All we ask is that the disturbing, emotional postings be toned down.

Thanks.

My sister told me that she wants to be deaf and able to collect SSI so I told her - no way... I told her that her life will be miserable if she's deaf and it could pressure her to receive CI via painful surgery. She was frustrated about unable to find job for 2 years.

Ugh... SSI pays NOTHING!

Back