Pentium 200 What would be a Good offer?

B

Buckdodgers

Can someone tell me what would be a good offer for Pentium 200 Laptop? Is buying a Used computer is a good buy? Cause i cant afford a new laptop TOO EXPENSIVE!!

I don´t know, I would suggest you to visit ebay to find out how much they worth... how much the bidders can buy...

I agree, take a look at ebay and get an idea... I need to know more about the computer before I can say what it's worth.

how much RAM does it have
does it have a CD-ROM Drive?
Does it have UBS ports?
how big is the hard drive?
Is the screen in good condition?
Does it have an ethernet port?
Does it have a paralell port?

buying brand new laptop.. when it turns 1 year old.. the value for the computer is in its half price range u bought it for.

Buckdodgers said:
Can someone tell me what would be a good offer for Pentium 200 Laptop? Is buying a Used computer is a good buy? Cause i cant afford a new laptop TOO EXPENSIVE!!

I dont know about your budget! But You should checking it out at Dell for brand new laptop for $499

Click me more for specs!

farmerjoe said:
I agree, take a look at ebay and get an idea... I need to know more about the computer before I can say what it's worth.

how much RAM does it have
does it have a CD-ROM Drive?
Does it have UBS ports?
how big is the hard drive?
Is the screen in good condition?
Does it have an ethernet port?
Does it have a paralell port?

Since you mentioned "Pentium 200" it is not likely that it will have USB support and might not allow you to have high RAM (old motherboard?).
Hard Drive space might be too low, and Pentium 200 motherboard might or might not support LBA's (Large Block Allocation) such as 20Gb's etc.
CD-ROM Drive and Parallel port are still widely supported and used.
Ethernet port depends on the laptop 'features'.

Pentium 200 is sooo outdated that it should be considered 'antique' like 486's.

I strenuously recommend saving $$ for few months (second job maybe?) and buy a new laptop. It will be worth your while.

Why not surf craigslist and try to make bids lower than the offered price? I know some people have had luck landing high-quality laptops for about $300 or $200.

LinuxGold said:
Pentium 200 is sooo outdated that it should be considered 'antique' like 486's.

I strenuously recommend saving $$ for few months (second job maybe?) and buy a new laptop. It will be worth your while.

It depends on your needs actually. If you're going to play all the newest video games, well, yeah, you're going to want a top-notch brand new laptop; a Pentium 200 wouldn't cut it.

But if you just want to surf the web and type papers, older computers are just fine. Buckdodgers can easily handle an "antiquated" computer for those such purposes -- that way he'll be able to buy cheaper.

You might want to save up like $50 or so a month and you'll have money for a 1 year old or so laptop. Pentium 200 laptop is too obselete and barely can run current software smoothly. That's just my advice.

Back