Parents house

well got all the walls finished with Kilz odorless oil based primer, tinted grey to hide stains and bleeds. Had my friend come measure for cabinets and counters so saturday Im taking my mom to pick the cabinets she wants as well as countertops so we can decide on paint color and flooring. Almost done. I got the ceiling finished, lights and trim, ceiling fan all installed

You work fast !

You work fast !
Yeah, Im kinda no nonsense. Either help or get out of the way...lol
I like to just get down and dirty and be over with. Im glad all the labor intense work is done, now the easy stuff is ahead of me. Had to skim coat one wall with mud (original plaster wall ) that was rough on the surface to make it smooth like the other walls that were drywalled. All the framing and drywall blended in very nicely, I still got the skills but my body is hating me for it. A few days rest til cabinets/countertops are ordered saturday and shipped, then the finishing touches go in and done

waiting on mom to pick style/color of cabinets and countertops so we can choose the flooring and paint for walls.

I like to just get down and dirty and be over with. Im glad all the labor intense work is done, now the easy stuff is ahead of me. Had to skim coat one wall with mud (original plaster wall ) that was rough on the surface to make it smooth like the other walls that were drywalled. All the framing and drywall blended in very nicely, I still got the skills but my body is hating me for it. A few days rest til cabinets/countertops are ordered saturday and shipped, then the finishing touches go in and done

Do you have someone help you put up the cabinets on the wall , that seen like at least a 2 man job. That good you can take a break for a couple of days . I hope you'll be able to get some sleep so your body can rest.

something to keep you busy :) I was gonna type a LONG message here but It sounded weird lol anyway just reward yourself for doing good job when u are done.. :)

Anyways, today was paint and flooring. We have a 4 week wait for cabinets ( special ordered ) to be delivered. 22 cabinets altogether on one wall. Waiting to see how much room we have before wraping around. Besides the pantry that will be next to the fridge.
Paint is Stone White by Behr, flooring is Slate look vinyl glueless floating floor.

* pulled up 5 layers of flooring to original wood floors, sub floored with masonite, glued/screwed and taped.... Floor is super smooth and looks great now. Old flooring was cracking due to no subfloor and creaking boards... No more creaking.

Attachments

• mom kitchen 016.jpg
    mom kitchen 016.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 10
  • mom kitchen 017.jpg
    mom kitchen 017.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 10
  • mom kitchen 021.jpg
    mom kitchen 021.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 10
  • mom kitchen 023.jpg
    mom kitchen 023.jpg