OSX via WINE on Linux

wesley-uk

Reaction score
i've read at somewhere that OS X will work on WINE in linux, has anybody has experience with it?

which linux OS is best to use for OS X?

any links will be useful

I'm not surprised at the linux community....they always try to stay ahead of all its competitors. :D

Originally posted by SilenceGold
To prove that OS X can run on PC as well. :p

sadly it wont work,

Q: Does it run on i386 hardware?

A: No, MOL can only run on PowerPC hardware since no emulation is performed. However, adding a PowerPC emulator for x86 is under consideration.

http://www.maconlinux.org/faq.html

damn.............

perhaps u know if there is other way?

After reading the FAQ carefully...it does seem like someone doesn't know what they're talking about when it comes to vmware.

My theory...linux software can run on an apple hardware...and using Wine would enable you to install OSX and run it under Linux. It's waste of effort when OS X could run on the same apple hardware.

I might be off-track slightly.

Originally posted by SilenceGold
After reading the FAQ carefully...it does seem like someone doesn't know what they're talking about when it comes to vmware.

My theory...linux software can run on an apple hardware...and using Wine would enable you to install OSX and run it under Linux. It's waste of effort when OS X could run on the same apple hardware.

I might be off-track slightly.

:shock: I just can't comphrend what everyone's talking about in here! Mind you, I'm not a complete computer illiterate! :P I just don't know anything about Linux and the sorts. Maybe can anyone in here explain in layman's terms in what Linux does and how different is it from Windows OS?

Ta!

Originally posted by WaterRats13
:shock: I just can't comphrend what everyone's talking about in here! Mind you, I'm not a complete computer illiterate! :P I just don't know anything about Linux and the sorts. Maybe can anyone in here explain in layman's terms in what Linux does and how different is it from Windows OS?

Ta!

Big different about Linux than Windows because Linux have open-source.

Originally posted by illustrator
what's your reason you need to have Mac OS X in Linux?
One reason: Multiplatform in a single PC. It gives us the ability to use OS X applications and at the same time use UNIX based utilities such as shell scripting, web servers, etc.

Example: You can use OS X to run graphics to create complicated images and use it locally on the linux's web server

Originally posted by WaterRats13

Ta!

Linux and Windows are designed differently for various reasons.

For one, Linux is designed to allow people to use UNIX based machine (UNIX was made orignally to provide faster machine for telephone systems, replacing human operators back in old days. Govt still use UNIX machines in satellites, military applications and so on...)-- the powerful and expensive Operating System that essentially allow you to manipulate data in so many different ways. It also provides services, such as email server, web server, SQL server (mySQL) and another services. What's more, Linux is free (distributions might cost some money based on how they build trees around the Linux Kernel.)

Windows are originally designed for low-end users with no UNIX based knowledge. It is "User Friendly" Operating System that allows users to run applications without having to learn anything from 500 pages manual books or something. Eventually Windows include Web server, Email server for an additional price.

Back